Windows 10: Can I synchronize folders in OneDrive in a similar way you can in Google Sync?

Discus and support Can I synchronize folders in OneDrive in a similar way you can in Google Sync? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When you use Google Sync a new option appears in the context menu, ''Synchronize this folder'', it lets you upload that folder to Google Drive without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eduardo Proa, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Can I synchronize folders in OneDrive in a similar way you can in Google Sync?

When you use Google Sync a new option appears in the context menu, ''Synchronize this folder'', it lets you upload that folder to Google Drive without actually moving it to the Google Drive folder in your PC and it keeps saving every change you make to any file in that folder, I tried to do the same with OneDrive but I can't find how, seems like the only folders you can synchronize are the documents and images folders and if you want to synchronize any other folder you have to move it to OneDrive but I need to keep the location of the folders I want to synchronize the same.

:)

Eduardo Proa, Aug 21, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive

Yes, the Google and Onedrive folders can by synced to different cloud services. Only harm would be that if a sync does not happen when files are deleted, you may end up with those files coming back to the main folder on the drive in Windows.

bro67, Aug 21, 2020
  3. sam9 Win User

O.k, just leave the issue of a same folder sync to OneDrive and google drive. My main concern is that if I mistakenly delete a file from OneDrive cloud then it will be deleted from my pc OneDrive folder also, means I lost that file or if because of some error or hacking at cloud, my files get deleted at cloud, then it also mean that all files will automatically deleted from my OneDrive folder at pc.

4. sam9 Win User

Can I synchronize folders in OneDrive in a similar way you can in Google Sync?

Can a same folder be Sync with OneDrive and Google Drive. Any harm.

Thema:

Can I synchronize folders in OneDrive in a similar way you can in Google Sync?

1. Can I synchronize folders in OneDrive in a similar way you can in Google Sync? - Similar Threads - synchronize folders OneDrive

2. Can you bypass specific folders when syncing your PC to Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you bypass specific folders when syncing your PC to Onedrive?: When syncing my PC to 'One Drive' I run into an issue. Everything syncs correctly, but one 'shortcut' in a folder won't sync and brings up an error. The error is that I don't have permission and check the permissions. It may be a trial of a 'VST' plugin. I don't mind not...
  3. Can you bypass specific folders when syncing your PC to Onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you bypass specific folders when syncing your PC to Onedrive?: When syncing my PC to 'One Drive' I run into an issue. Everything syncs correctly, but one 'shortcut' in a folder won't sync and brings up an error. The error is that I don't have permission and check the permissions. It may be a trial of a 'VST' plugin. I don't mind not...
  4. How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it: Hello,I have a 4GB Virtual Machines folder in my Documents folder, and OneDrive is complaining and sending notifications every 10 minutes.I read on the support articles on how to remove a folder from sync, but all that does is delete the folder from my computer and keep it in...
  5. How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it

How can I remove a folder from OneDrive sync without deleting it: Hello,I have a 4GB Virtual Machines folder in my Documents folder, and OneDrive is complaining and sending notifications every 10 minutes.I read on the support articles on how to remove a folder from sync, but all that does is delete the folder from my computer and keep it in...
  6. How can I 'remove' Onedrive synchronization from the Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I 'remove' Onedrive synchronization from the Documents folder?: Hello! I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and after the first login I noticed that every file in the Document folder is automatically synched to Onedrive. I'd like to keep a Onedrive folder and a separate Documents and Pictures folder. How can I accomplish this? Thank...
  7. OneDrive - Can I configure it this way?

OneDrive - Can I configure it this way?: Hello, I'm a bit of a minimalist, so I don't like installing additional software or third-party fixes. I get things done using only Windows; usually it ends up working so well that I no longer have to maintain or fix anything. So I have a task now involving a good way to...
  8. Can I de-sync individual folders with OneDrive?

Can I de-sync individual folders with OneDrive?: There are certain save game folders and such that I do not want or need to synchronize with OneDrive, but since it's part of my Documents folder I'm not sure if I can just de-sync this one folder itself. Thank you for the help....
  9. how can i sync a folder sitting in D drive with onedrive

how can i sync a folder sitting in D drive with onedrive: I know that I can copy that folder to onedrive location in my pc, but I want that folder to be in same location and synced with one drive is it possible Say my onedrive is in C/user/sss/one and folder is in d/study/something/folder1 now I need sync folder1 to onedrive...
  10. Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive

Sync same folder with OneDrive and Google Drive: Can a same folder be Sync with OneDrive and Google Drive. Any harm. 114123