Windows 10: Can I tell a PC to update automatically right now without further user intervention?

Discus and support Can I tell a PC to update automatically right now without further user intervention? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 does seem to check for updates daily, and I don't need help with that. But to install the updates it finds, I need to first click a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/is_reddit_useful, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Can I tell a PC to update automatically right now without further user intervention?

Windows 10 does seem to check for updates daily, and I don't need help with that. But to install the updates it finds, I need to first click a "Download" button, then an 'Install" button, and finally I need to restart. Can I just do one thing and have everything after that happen automatically?

(I guess if I used Windows regularly this would happen by itself eventually, and all I would get is a notification to restart. However, I only use Windows occasionally, but want to update it soon after updates are released so I won't be booting without updates in the middle of the month.)

submitted by /u/is_reddit_useful
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/is_reddit_useful, Feb 10, 2021

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 10, 2021
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Can I tell a PC to update automatically right now without further user intervention? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Can I tell a PC to update automatically right now without further user intervention?

"user intervention required"

Here is the list of checks HP advises you to do for that error message:

HP Printers - 'User Intervention Required' Error When Printing (Windows)

https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c00113719

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Can I tell a PC to update automatically right now without further user intervention?

1. Can I tell a PC to update automatically right now without further user intervention? - Similar Threads - tell update automatically

2. printer requires user intervention

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer requires user intervention: printer requires user intervention https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-requires-user-intervention/bd8257b9-7534-461c-a08e-c84ff40e05dc
  3. printer requires user intervention

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer requires user intervention: printer requires user intervention https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-requires-user-intervention/bd8257b9-7534-461c-a08e-c84ff40e05dc
  4. Programs are automatically installing after clicking .exe or .msi without user intervention...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs are automatically installing after clicking .exe or .msi without user intervention...: Whenever I click on a .exe or .msi installation file to install a program like "mailspring.exe", the installation instantly starts without showing any UI prompts.A. It doesn't show the UAC popup.B. It doesn't show the UI prompts to personalize the installation by checking...
  5. Programs are automatically installing after clicking .exe or .msi without user intervention...

Programs are automatically installing after clicking .exe or .msi without user intervention...: Whenever I click on a .exe or .msi installation file to install a program like "mailspring.exe", the installation instantly starts without showing any UI prompts.A. It doesn't show the UAC popup.B. It doesn't show the UI prompts to personalize the installation by checking...
  6. Data Loss without any intervention

Data Loss without any intervention: Dear Team, I have HP Laptop EliteBook SN: 5CG94979Z8 , we found that the laptop performance is not fine, we updated Google Chrome and reset TCP IP Network Driver and restart the laptop. After restart we found that the data on D has been disappeared and partition D become...
  7. Data Loss without any intervention

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Loss without any intervention: Dear Team, I have HP Laptop EliteBook SN: 5CG94979Z8 , we found that the laptop performance is not fine, we updated Google Chrome and reset TCP IP Network Driver and restart the laptop. After restart we found that the data on D has been disappeared and partition D become...
  8. Power options automatically changed on win10 without user intervention

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options automatically changed on win10 without user intervention: Power options automatically changed on win10 without user intervention. So one hard drive connected by an AMD SATA controller was constantly getting disconnected from the pc, the internal drives did not have this issue.Win10 also got stuck on shutting down or restarting for...
  9. Batch File to force proceed without user intervention

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch File to force proceed without user intervention: Hello I have a batch files that exports data to a folder below "D:\WinCCU32\wccu" archive_outputs None batch,selectall,"group=TDS","sort=Meter ID","setupfile=D:\WinCCU32\scheduler\ccutds_group.ini" The script works, but the issue is that I get prompts during the export...
  10. Factory Reset Windows 10 without user intervention

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Windows 10 without user intervention: Hi I've looked for this answer online and have come across the "systemreset -factoryreset" command which works, but it comes up with the prompt asking if I want to keep my files or remove everything, I want to remove everything but without the prompt. We are trying to...