Windows 10: Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or...

Discus and support Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Let's say User A has synced a SharePoint Online document library using OneDrive Files On Demand, and has set a file to 'always keep on this device'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Josh Craig, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or...

Let's say User A has synced a SharePoint Online document library using OneDrive Files On Demand, and has set a file to 'always keep on this device'.

Is there any way for User B to see that User A has done this?

Is there any way to automatically check out a file if someone has it set to 'always keep on this device'?

:)

Josh Craig, Jun 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    OneDrive-Set expiry time for shared file?

Setting an expiry date for shared files in OneDrive is a feature available in Office 365 Home and Personal subscriptions which both include Premium OneDrive features:

Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or... [​IMG]

It is not available in free OneDrive service, clicking Set expiry date only showing link to get (subscribe / buy) Premium:

Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or... [​IMG]

• Office 365 Personal = 1 license, price €69 (£59.99 / $69.99) per year or €7 (£5.99 / $6.99) per month
    • Office 365 Home = 5 licenses, price €99 (£79.99 / $99.99) per year or €10 (£7.99 / $9.99) per month
    Each license includes:
    • Office suite install on 1 PC & 1 tablet (Office suite = Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word)
    • 1 TB OneDrive with Premium features
    • 60 free Skype minutes to call landline numbers globally and mobile numbers in selected countries
    Microsoft OneDrive Plans

4. S.D.K Win User

Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or...

File History & OneDrive on Demand

I know that "files on demand" aren't saved on my computer. However, I still have the following problems:

• After starting a new File History backup from scratch (as suggested in the first response) the majority of my Onedrive , including almost all files that are marked as "Always Keep on this Device" are not backed up.
    • Even for files marked as "Files on Demand" - surely File History should be able to back them up anyway? The whole point of a good backup system is that you have copies of files in multiple places (and OneDrive's cloud system only counts as 1). The creation
      of the file history would be download heavy as it copies every file to my backup device, but after that it should only have to download single files as changes are made.

S.D.K, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or...

1. Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or... - Similar Threads - tell someone else

2. Slowness in setting up "Always keep on this device" OneDrive on new Windows 11 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slowness in setting up "Always keep on this device" OneDrive on new Windows 11 computer: With my new Windows computer, I selected "Always keep on this device" for all of my Documents files to have the OneDrive files always available on my computer like if I am offline, just as I did for my old computer.However, it seems very slow or fully stopped to get the files...
  3. Login Page has someone else's name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Page has someone else's name: I tried to sign on to my account and there is someone elses name Eric Torbeck, I have changed my password and and pin 2 times and it still has his name on there what can I do and is this a big problem ?...
  4. How can I control where OneDrive puts a file when I tell it to make it always available on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I control where OneDrive puts a file when I tell it to make it always available on...: I'm new to OneDrive and badly messed it up when I first installed it. After getting help, I did finally learn how to have OneDrive also save some of my more vital to be available when offline files on my computer. Now the problem is, I have absolutely no idea where it is...
  5. Onedrive setting for Pictures folder changes to 'always keep on this device' at random

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive setting for Pictures folder changes to 'always keep on this device' at random: I've used Onedrive for many years to store my pictures in the cloud, while allowing access through a quick download when I want to see a particular picture. For the last several months, Onedrive it eternally trying to download every picture to my various laptops. All of...
  6. Has someone else’s computer done this?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Has someone else’s computer done this?: Hello everyone, my computer has recently turned off because I decided to turn it off then i try to turn it back on to see a black screen that says no signal detected has anybody else had that problem and if so if I would like to know how to fix it because it’s been a big...
  7. Can someone tell me what are those files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me what are those files: Screenshot Today I decided to look around folders and discs on my new pc to clean old files and things that didn't uinstall and I found these files in C:/ProgramData folder. What are those, can I delete them safely and why are they created there? Im not too smart but I think...
  8. Can someone tell me if this message is from Windows 10 or something else?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can someone tell me if this message is from Windows 10 or something else?: This appears maybe 50% of the time as I am shutting down my computer. I have never seen this from Microsoft before and it only happens on one of my computers. The usual message from Windows for updates is different so I am concerned this might be something else. [IMG]...
  9. How Can I Tell if Someone Has Accessed my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Can I Tell if Someone Has Accessed my Microsoft Account: Hello, Yesterday evening, a few hours ago, my friend inadvertently sent me a virus. She has meant to send a plain video of a singer, but when I clicked on the link, it immediately downloaded without requiring a security scan. I knew something was wrong immediately and a few...
  10. Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10: How to: Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10 Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device for Offline Use in Windows 10 [img] Information At Build 2017, Joe Belfiore announced that the new OneDrive Files On-Demand feature will be...