Windows 10: Can i touch my keyboard/mouse/shut the lid during factory reset

Discus and support Can i touch my keyboard/mouse/shut the lid during factory reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; im on my laptop during a reset and i leave the computer just to be but is there a problem if per say my cat starts jogging on my keyboard?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by roadman_jonttu, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Can i touch my keyboard/mouse/shut the lid during factory reset

im on my laptop during a reset and i leave the computer just to be but is there a problem if per say my cat starts jogging on my keyboard?

:)

roadman_jonttu, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Mouse, keyboard, and touch screen suddenly not working

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the mouse, keyboard, touchscreen on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any hardware/ software changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to access the device using external mouse and keyboard (Confirm to us)?
    • Are you able to boot the device to Safe mode with Networking?

If you are able to access the desktop using external mouse and keyboard, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update the keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the drivers and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to update the drivers for touch feature in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Touch screen driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Can i touch my keyboard/mouse/shut the lid during factory reset

Windows 10 laptop does not wake with external keyboard and mouse when lid closed

I use a Windows 10 laptop connected to an external monitor, as well as a wireless USB keyboard and mouse. I have configured the laptops's lid so that is does nothing when opened or closed. However, I am unable to wake the computer from sleep using the external keyboard and mouse when the lid was already closed when going to sleep. That is,

• if I go to sleep with the lid open, then close the lid, then touch keyboard/mouse, it works just fine
    • if I enter sleep mode with the lid closed, the external keyboard and mouse will not work

Any idea? I have tried everything I have found on forums, but nothing works for me. I am using a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13, which has a rather limited BIOS (hence changing BIOS settings does not seem an option for me).

Noel Arteche, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Can i touch my keyboard/mouse/shut the lid during factory reset

1. Can i touch my keyboard/mouse/shut the lid during factory reset - Similar Threads - touch keyboard mouse

2. Can you factory reset a PC without a keyboard and mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you factory reset a PC without a keyboard and mouse?: So basically I did something stupid and download drivers from a website I thought was safeit wasn't and a few days later my keyboard and mouse stopped working and everytime I booted up my PC, I would get something called,"keyboard failure." I'm pretty sure if I were to be...
  3. Can you factory reset a PC without a keyboard and mouse?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can you factory reset a PC without a keyboard and mouse?: So basically I did something stupid and download drivers from a website I thought was safeit wasn't and a few days later my keyboard and mouse stopped working and everytime I booted up my PC, I would get something called,"keyboard failure." I'm pretty sure if I were to be...
  4. Laptop shut off during factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut off during factory reset.: Laptop shut off during factory reset now it's stuck on windows blue screen and can't log in as administrator. Stuck on reboot loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shut-off-during-factory-reset/4f88b90b-9297-40cb-bad7-de009165332d
  5. Laptop shut off during factory reset.

Laptop shut off during factory reset.: Laptop shut off during factory reset now it's stuck on windows blue screen and can't log in as administrator. Stuck on reboot loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shut-off-during-factory-reset/4f88b90b-9297-40cb-bad7-de009165332d
  6. Laptop shut off during factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working: Soo i updated my video card/graphic card and after i did, it i needed to restart my pc so i did. After i needed to delete the update because i cant enter my pc, it was loading trouble shoot .then its was loading for about an hour then i unplug the wire thats giving power to...
  8. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working: Soo i updated my video card/graphic card and after i did, it i needed to restart my pc so i did. After i needed to delete the update because i cant enter my pc, it was loading trouble shoot .then its was loading for about an hour then i unplug the wire thats giving power to...
  9. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Factory reset, keyboard and mouse not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset, keyboard and mouse not working: I recently reset my computer, and its not registering my mouse or keyboard. It was a secondhand computer, so I did a factory reset and thats when the issue started, I'm stuck on the keyboard configuration screen. Heres some things I've tried: Unplugging all USB devices and...