Windows 10: Can I transfer a laptop Windows 10 to a desktop?

Discus and support Can I transfer a laptop Windows 10 to a desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Pizel_the_Twizel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hu4484/can_i_transfer_a_laptop_windows_10_to_a_desktop/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pizel_the_Twizel, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Can I transfer a laptop Windows 10 to a desktop?

/u/Pizel_the_Twizel, Jul 19, 2020
  2. DavidRVA Win User

Transfer files (Pictures, Documents) from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 PC

I recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. My old laptop has windows 7. Can anyone list the step-by-step instructions for transferring the data to the new machine? I understand that windows easy transfer is no longer an option for windows 10.

DavidRVA, Jul 19, 2020
  3. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Can I transfer a laptop Windows 10 to a desktop?

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Can I transfer a laptop Windows 10 to a desktop?

1. Can I transfer a laptop Windows 10 to a desktop? - Similar Threads - transfer laptop desktop

2. Transfer of Windows license from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of Windows license from laptop to desktop: My laptop has windows 10 installed. However I am unable to updgrade to Windows 11 as the specifications do allow for this. I have thus decided to build a gamining PC from scratch. Do i have to obtain a brand new license or can I transfer my license from the laptop to the...
  3. How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?: Hello, I have encountered a problem regarding windows activation. I had a notebook with windows 10 pro with digital license linked to microsoft account. Today I tried to run the command "slmgr.vbs /upk" on the laptop so I can use the code in the desktop pc but nothing, it...
  4. How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?: Hello, I have encountered a problem regarding windows activation. I had a notebook with windows 10 pro with digital license linked to microsoft account. Today I tried to run the command "slmgr.vbs /upk" on the laptop so I can use the code in the desktop pc but nothing, it...
  5. How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Can I transfer windows 10 education to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer windows 10 education to my new laptop: 1. My current laptop is now using a windows pro version volume version. Is it possible to transfer this to my new laptop which doesn't have an OS? 2. My current laptop is now using windows pro version volume version and I am planning to upgrade it to windows 10 education....
  7. Can I transfer a Windows 10 license from a laptop to a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer a Windows 10 license from a laptop to a desktop?: I found a guy selling a broken laptop for like 10 bucks, and it has windows 10 and I would like to known if it’s possible to transfer the license submitted by /u/RonnieM07 [link] [comments]...
  8. Switching from a laptop to desktop, can I transfer my stuff?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from a laptop to desktop, can I transfer my stuff?: As the title says I'm switching from a laptop to a desktop, I have things like winrar, poweriso, and emulators installed on the laptop, will I be able to transfer them and my settings to the desktop? And will I have to worry about running the setup and installation process...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop

Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop: I have joined Windows Insider program and got a free Windows 10 Pro license. Everytime I reinstall Windows 10 Pro OS on my laptop it's will be activated automatically. I wonder that license is OEM or retail channel? I just bought a new desktop (not laptop), I would like to...
  10. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?: Hi! I know that there are plenty of questions like this on the web, but some answers are contradictory so I'd like to have an answer which will be applicable to my specific situation. Some time ago I bought a laptop without operating system and then I acquired "Windows 7...