Windows 10: Can I transfer a license to another account?

Discus and support Can I transfer a license to another account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A couple years ago I purchased a notebook and paired its license with an old microsoft account of mine, which later had some issues and I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KawaiNooB, Jul 4, 2020.

1. KawaiNooB Win User

Can I transfer a license to another account?

A couple years ago I purchased a notebook and paired its license with an old microsoft account of mine, which later had some issues and I decided to make a new one. However, now with all the ecosystem stuff, I want to change the license key to my new account. I've seen that merging accounts isn't possible, but can I exchange my key from the laptop to my new account? I'm gonna use it on the same laptop, just need to associate the key to the account.... Or is it locked to hardware, not the account?

:)

KawaiNooB, Jul 4, 2020
  2. LvxOne Win User

Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license to another computer?

If the license is retail, then yes you can transfer it.

If the license is OEM, then no, you cannot.

If the license came with your laptop (or you upgraded from the license that came with your laptop), then it is OEM and not transferable.

Source: Windows 10 License Key

LvxOne, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Can I transfer a license to another account?

Andre Da Costa, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Can I transfer a license to another account?

1. Can I transfer a license to another account? - Similar Threads - transfer license another

2. Transfer Windows license to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows license to another account: Recently I bought a new PC, installed a fresh windows and as you'd expect, windows isn't activated. However, I purchased Windows 11 Home from the store as a digital purchase to activate my account.My question is this. I would like to transfer that license I purchased to...
  3. Transfer Windows license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows license to another account: Recently I bought a new PC, installed a fresh windows and as you'd expect, windows isn't activated. However, I purchased Windows 11 Home from the store as a digital purchase to activate my account.My question is this. I would like to transfer that license I purchased to...
  4. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  5. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  6. Transfer digital license to another account

7. Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?: I had bought a laptop couple of months ago. During fresh start, system got started with my MS account and windows activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft Account. Now I have gifted the beast to a friend of mine and I want to transfer Windows digital license of...
  8. Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?: I had bought a laptop couple of months ago. During fresh start, system got started with my MS account and windows activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft Account. Now I have gifted the beast to a friend of mine and I want to transfer Windows digital license of...
  9. Digital license transfer to another account

Digital license transfer to another account: Hey, I want to change the Microsoft account linked with my PC. However, I am uncertain if by doing so my digital license will be transferred to the new account. I have ensured that the older account is signed out from my device. I was also observing the activation page which...
  10. Transfer license to another account

Transfer license to another account: I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)...