Windows 10: Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

Discus and support Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I created a new Microsoft that's associated with my gmail and wanted to transfer my Dolby Atmos Spatial to a new account. Is this possible?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JoesWinExperience, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

I created a new Microsoft that's associated with my gmail and wanted to transfer my Dolby Atmos Spatial to a new account. Is this possible?

:)

JoesWinExperience, Apr 25, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account.

Thank you for your response. There are other games that allow you to purchase using the Microsoft funds that you transferred to a member of your Family.
    If you don't have sufficient money in your Microsoft account to complete a transaction, you must use another form of payment registered with your Microsoft account to cover the remaining purchase amount, charge the entire purchase to the other payment
    option in lieu of your account balance, or add additional value to your Microsoft account.

To ensure that the child account is allowed to purchase a content online, you have to check and change the restriction settings on the account by following the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Microsoft Family page
    • Find your child’s name and select More options > Spending >
      Change content restrictions.
    • Change the restrictions settings and allow the account to purchase.

If you are still unable to purchase the game, there is a possible issue with your profile or the billing information. We recommend that you contact Xbox Chat Support to securely check your account and the child account.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

1. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another? - Similar Threads - transfer purchase account

2. How can I transfer a purchase In this case, Minecraft for Windows from one account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I transfer a purchase In this case, Minecraft for Windows from one account to another?: I am attempting to transfer Minecraft for Windows to my other account as I have stopped using the account this question is being posted on. I would not like to spend another 30 ? dollars as that would honestly be an inconvenience on my end. I tend to play Minecraft quite...
  3. How can I transfer a purchase In this case, Minecraft for Windows from one account to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer a purchase In this case, Minecraft for Windows from one account to another?: I am attempting to transfer Minecraft for Windows to my other account as I have stopped using the account this question is being posted on. I would not like to spend another 30 ? dollars as that would honestly be an inconvenience on my end. I tend to play Minecraft quite...
  4. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?: I created a new Microsoft that's associated with my gmail and wanted to transfer my Dolby Atmos Spatial to a new account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-purchase-from-one-account-to/6a6aacb1-9133-447a-8f0d-5bd08e4bdbde
  5. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?: I created a new Microsoft that's associated with my gmail and wanted to transfer my Dolby Atmos Spatial to a new account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-purchase-from-one-account-to/6a6aacb1-9133-447a-8f0d-5bd08e4bdbde
  6. Can funds be transferred from one child account to another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can funds be transferred from one child account to another: I have added funds to one child account that is no longer used, can I transfer to another account? Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office/ Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family...
  7. Can I transfer an EA game from one EA account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer an EA game from one EA account to another?: Hello, I have registered over 10 games on my EA account. Unfortunately it happened that I did not register this one game on the EA Account where most of my games are registered, but it is registered as the only game on a second EA Account. Now every time I want to start...
  8. Transfer games from one account to another

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transfer games from one account to another: I bought Minecraft before Bedrock edition came out and I accidentally redeemed my free copy on my other account; is it possible to switch the game from being on my other Microsoft account to being on this one?...
  9. Transferring Purchase to Another Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transferring Purchase to Another Account: I was wondering how I can transfer a purchase I made in Microsoft Store to another Microsoft account. I need to transfer because I'm not using this account anymore....
  10. Can I transfer a game from one microsoft account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer a game from one microsoft account to another?: When minecraft windows 10 was announced years ago, I redeemed it on an account, and currently I do not use that account. I made a new account with my main email address much later, as I forgot about my old one, which is now the account I have all my friends on and my...