Windows 10: Can I transfer a Windows 10 Home product key to another PC if I'm planning on upgrading...

Discus and support Can I transfer a Windows 10 Home product key to another PC if I'm planning on upgrading... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have 2 computers, a laptop that I recently got which is a Windows 10 Home and an older desktop which is a Windows 7 Home. I'm planning on upgrading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alv9876, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Alv9876 Win User

Can I transfer a Windows 10 Home product key to another PC if I'm planning on upgrading...

I have 2 computers, a laptop that I recently got which is a Windows 10 Home and an older desktop which is a Windows 7 Home.

I'm planning on upgrading my laptop to Windows 10 Pro.

Can I use the product key from the Windows 10 Home version to upgrade my desktop?

:)

Alv9876, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Rob4642 Win User

Need help with transferring Windows 10 to new PC

*Nevermind I figured it out. I just bought a license key for $29.00. Thx though.
    So my friend asked me to build him a new computer for work. The last one I built him was during the windows 7-10 upgrade grace period. I used to load windows 7, use windows loader to put in a product key, activate it, then upgrade to windows 10. Now that the grace period is over, and I'm working with new hardware, I was wondering if it is possible to install windows 10 from an already functioning computer that operated on a sata SSD to a new computer with an m.2 nvme SSD, using just the product key from the current windows 10 off of his computer. I use a program that grabs the product key called ProduKey.
    Should I do a fresh install of windows 10 using his key after deactivating it from his current PC , instead of cloning drives correct? It would be nice not to have to pay microsoft $200 for windows 10 if he already has it and plans on not using his old pc anymore.

Rob4642, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Can I transfer a Windows 10 Home product key to another PC if I'm planning on upgrading...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Can I transfer a Windows 10 Home product key to another PC if I'm planning on upgrading...

1. Can I transfer a Windows 10 Home product key to another PC if I'm planning on upgrading... - Similar Threads - transfer Home product

2. Product key transfer and upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key transfer and upgrade: I've just upgraded my desktop computer and installed a clean version of windows 11. My old system was running windows 10, and I would like to transfer the windows product key to the new system. This is linked to my microsoft account, however, is still under windows 10. The...
  3. Product key transfer and upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key transfer and upgrade: I've just upgraded my desktop computer and installed a clean version of windows 11. My old system was running windows 10, and I would like to transfer the windows product key to the new system. This is linked to my microsoft account, however, is still under windows 10. The...
  4. Product key transfer and upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring Windows Key to another PC

Transferring Windows Key to another PC: Hey all! So I'm basically looking to move onto another system. Had to many issues with my current one. A friend donated a pc with a newer UEFI mobo and cpu. I was just wondering how I'm supposed to transfer my Windows over as my current key is embedded onto my current...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 product key to another computer

Transfer Windows 10 product key to another computer: Mother board of my laptop is not working. I want to buy a new laptop without OS and want to transfer my existing Windows 10 product code to that laptop. The problem is, I cannot reach the product code as the computer is not working. I can remove the HDD, connect it as an...
  7. can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?: can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-windows-10-pro-upgrade-be-transferred-to/6fecfe68-c325-4f06-9389-2dc967f6aebf
  8. Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?

Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. I paid and upgraded it to Pro edition using Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, there's a hardware malfunction with my new laptop and I need to exchange for a new one. Will my Pro upgrade be digitally linked to my new...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key

Upgrade Windows 10 Home Product Key: Hi, I recently bought a Windows 10 Home product key but my computer needs a Windows 10 Pro License. Is there any way to upgrade my product key from Home to Pro? I would be willing to pay extra to upgrade but I don't want to pay for two licenses....
  10. Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?: When I built my first computer I purchased windows 7 OEM home I believe, but I no longer have the install disk. I did the free upgrade to windows 10, but I'm wondering if I transfer windows if it will go back to windows 7? or will it still be windows 10? It doesn't matter to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer windows 10 home to another laptop

2. transfer windowx 10 home product key