Windows 10: Can I transfer a windows 10 pro upgrade to a new machine?

Discus and support Can I transfer a windows 10 pro upgrade to a new machine? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I am about to buy a new windows 10 desktop machine and have the option to purchase with Home or Professional. I already have a professional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidAveyard1, May 27, 2020.

1. Can I transfer a windows 10 pro upgrade to a new machine?

Hi,

I am about to buy a new windows 10 desktop machine and have the option to purchase with Home or Professional. I already have a professional upgrade licence for my current machine. This was bought recently from the Windows store March 2020.

My question is, if I purchase my new machine with a home licence will I be able to upgrade it with my existing upgrade licence. I would happily downgrade my existing machine back to Home.

The price difference between home and professional presumably OEM is not huge in the scheme of things £42 but I don't to waste money. Equally if I find I can't upgrade with my current licence, I will be faced with a brand new upgrade bill of £119.

Thanks for your help.

:)

DavidAveyard1, May 27, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Licence

From the link I quoted:

dalchina, May 27, 2020
  3. Transfer Windows 10 to New Machine

What is the process for transfering Windows 10 to a new machine? I have upgraded Windows 7 (retail) to Windows 10, but now need to transfer that license to another machine. However, I am unable to install Windows 7 onto the new machine (setup hangs every
    time after the initial 'loading files' section). Without being able to install Windows 7, I can't upgrade it to Windows 10. Is there any way to install Windows 10 directly onto the new machine having it somehow linked to my Microsoft account for activation,
    as we obviously don't have a product key having upgraded 7-10 on the current system...

Can anyone help?

williamsonajm, May 27, 2020
  4. Can I transfer a windows 10 pro upgrade to a new machine?

How to Transfer my Windows 10 Pro Store Purchase to new Machine

Hi all,

I purchased the windows 10 pro from the store.

The machine I installed on is on its way out and I want to replace the computer with a new one.

How do I transfer my Windows 10 Pro purchase to the new machine?

StevenJohnson6, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Can I transfer a windows 10 pro upgrade to a new machine?

1. Can I transfer a windows 10 pro upgrade to a new machine? - Similar Threads - transfer pro upgrade

2. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.: i just purchased a new pc with windows 11 home. my old pc used windows 10 home that i upgraded with a digital license to pro. i can see the evidence of the pro upgrade in my windows account. how do i transfer the pro upgrade from my old windows 10 machine to my new windows 11...
  3. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.: i just purchased a new pc with windows 11 home. my old pc used windows 10 home that i upgraded with a digital license to pro. i can see the evidence of the pro upgrade in my windows account. how do i transfer the pro upgrade from my old windows 10 machine to my new windows 11...
  4. transferring a pro upgrade from an old windows 10 machine to a new windows 11 machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine: hi Some years ago, I purchased a Surface Pro 4 (SP4). Then upgraded from the Home edition to the Pro edition through the Activation settings. Now I got a new device with Windows 10 Home, and want to sell the SP4. How can I remove my Windows 10 Pro license from the SP4 and...
  6. Transferring store-upgraded Windows 10 pro license to virtual machine

Transferring store-upgraded Windows 10 pro license to virtual machine: Hi all, I got Windows 10 Home OEM version with my laptop which I upgraded to Pro version through store. I have signed in during the upgrade and it shows my license is digitally attached to my account. I have doubts about the transfer rights of the license. I recently...
  7. Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new laptop

Transfer windows 10 pro upgrade to new laptop: Hi, I purchased new laptop with pre installed windows 10 home and I upgraded it to windows 10 pro through Microsoft store. after two day the new laptop started playing up so I send it back to the shop and they exchange and gave me a new one with pre installed windows...
  8. windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc

windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc: Hello, I have a different variant of questions I have seen people ask. I have a new HP that is 1 month old that is getting swapped out for a new one this week. It came with 10 Home and I bought an upgrade and applied it. Now I have the new PC coming this week which will...
  9. Can I transfer ssd with Windows 10 pro OEM license to a new machine?

Can I transfer ssd with Windows 10 pro OEM license to a new machine?: I have a query, please help me. I have a new laptop where I want to install an old ssd drive with Windows 10 pro. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-ssd-with-windows-10-pro-oem-license/4ba35314-9e09-4b99-8c51-7d196c1038ea
  10. Windows 10 Pro Transfer to new machine/owner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Transfer to new machine/owner: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro Retail (Upgraded from Win 7 Pro Retail) currently installed in desktop I wish to sell. The issue is that the buyer is not interested in purchasing the OS so I will be removing the SSD it is currently installed on. What is the best way to...