Windows 10: Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

Discus and support Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I built my first computer I purchased windows 7 OEM home I believe, but I no longer have the install disk. I did the free upgrade to windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nathan Wimmer, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

When I built my first computer I purchased windows 7 OEM home I believe, but I no longer have the install disk. I did the free upgrade to windows 10, but I'm wondering if I transfer windows if it will go back to windows 7? or will it still be windows 10? It doesn't matter to me as I like both OS, but I would prefer to have windows 10 on my new computer. Also since I no longer have the install disk from when I purchased windows 7; can I put windows onto an SSD, deactivate the product on my old machine and transfer it that way? I'm thinking I can, but just need some clarification in case I need to purchase windows again. Thanks for the help!

:)

Nathan Wimmer, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2018
  4. krimetal Win User

Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

1. Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC? - Similar Threads - transfer upgrade another

2. can I transfer programs to another pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I transfer programs to another pc: I have purchased another pc and want to transfer programs from my old pc to the new one. can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-programs-to-another-pc/7eff9d80-ba7e-4492-866a-7c24b59df1ba
  3. can I transfer programs to another pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I transfer programs to another pc: I have purchased another pc and want to transfer programs from my old pc to the new one. can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-programs-to-another-pc/7eff9d80-ba7e-4492-866a-7c24b59df1ba
  4. Can I transfer Windows license to another PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer Windows license to another PC?: So this is convoluted case. Back in 2013 I assembled PC and bought Windows 8 (or 8.1) BOX version. Then some time after I upgraded it to Windows 10. From that point I did clean installation of Windows 10 from USB couple times and it just activates itself, maybe it remembers...
  5. Transferring windows 10 to another PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring windows 10 to another PC: I am thinking about building a new Desktop PC and I was wondering if it's possible to use my actual windows 10 license on the new PC? I bought the old laptop from HP and do not remember if I paid for a Retail or OEM license ! But this is what I get when I run the bellow...
  6. can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc?: can a windows 10 pro upgrade be transferred to another pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-a-windows-10-pro-upgrade-be-transferred-to/6fecfe68-c325-4f06-9389-2dc967f6aebf
  7. How can I transfer license to another PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I transfer license to another PC?: I have a digital license on my laptop running Windows 10. I want to purchase a new laptop and transfer the license to this new machine. Can I do this?...
  8. Transfer windows 10 upgrade that failed to load to another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer windows 10 upgrade that failed to load to another PC: I have an OEM windows 10 home PC. Purchased an upgrade to windows 10 pro. It failed to load and restored my home version. How to I transfer that Windows 10 pro upgrade to another computer?...
  9. Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?

Upgraded Windows 10 Home to Pro. Can it be transfer to another laptop?: Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. I paid and upgraded it to Pro edition using Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, there's a hardware malfunction with my new laptop and I need to exchange for a new one. Will my Pro upgrade be digitally linked to my new...
  10. Can I transfer a Windows 10 Home product key to another PC if I'm planning on upgrading...

Can I transfer a Windows 10 Home product key to another PC if I'm planning on upgrading...: I have 2 computers, a laptop that I recently got which is a Windows 10 Home and an older desktop which is a Windows 7 Home. I'm planning on upgrading my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. Can I use the product key from the Windows 10 Home version to upgrade my desktop?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to upgrade windows from another pc

2. transfere windows 10 updates to another pc

3. windows 10 upgrade transfer to new pc

4. upgrade and transfer windows