Windows 10: Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

Discus and support Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I built my first computer I purchased windows 7 OEM home I believe, but I no longer have the install disk. I did the free upgrade to windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nathan Wimmer, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

When I built my first computer I purchased windows 7 OEM home I believe, but I no longer have the install disk. I did the free upgrade to windows 10, but I'm wondering if I transfer windows if it will go back to windows 7? or will it still be windows 10? It doesn't matter to me as I like both OS, but I would prefer to have windows 10 on my new computer. Also since I no longer have the install disk from when I purchased windows 7; can I put windows onto an SSD, deactivate the product on my old machine and transfer it that way? I'm thinking I can, but just need some clarification in case I need to purchase windows again. Thanks for the help!

:)

Nathan Wimmer, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2018
  4. krimetal Win User

Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC?

1. Can I transfer a windows 10 upgrade to another PC? - Similar Threads - transfer upgrade another

2. Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 SSD drive to another PC: Situation: I have two Laptop PC's, 1. A DELL VOSTRO with an SSD drive, Windows 10 PRO installed. The hardware on this computer is dying. I have a Prod ID, a Prod Key and the Activation window states "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your...
  3. Can I transfer my Windows 10 upgrade licence to new PC build?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 upgrade licence to new PC build?: I am sure this question has been asked before, but the answer to it seems really complicated and seems to change depending on the exact situation. My situation is this, I have had the same PC since 2012, on to which I installed Windows 7 Pro from a store bought DVD with OEM...
  4. Can I transfer a Windows 10 Home product key to another PC if I'm planning on upgrading...

Can I transfer a Windows 10 Home product key to another PC if I'm planning on upgrading...: I have 2 computers, a laptop that I recently got which is a Windows 10 Home and an older desktop which is a Windows 7 Home. I'm planning on upgrading my laptop to Windows 10 Pro. Can I use the product key from the Windows 10 Home version to upgrade my desktop?...
  5. how do I transfer my windows 10 to another new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I transfer my windows 10 to another new pc: how do I transfer my windows 10 to another new pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-do-i-transfer-my-windows-10-to-another-new-pc/e4e14c8e-ceaf-4e35-8769-a12b6c0f7663
  6. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL: I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL

Transferring Windows 10 license to another PC- FAIL: I purchased a full retail Win 10 pro license and the product was delivered digitally. I did a clean install on the machine I was intending to use, but subsequently decided I did not want to use that machine because of it's age, so I purchased a new computer. I expected that I...
  8. Transferring settings from on win 10 pc to another.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring settings from on win 10 pc to another.: I want to transfer a certain control panel settings of windows 10 to all of my office's pc. Is there any way to transfer this settings through flash drive?...
  9. How can I clone Windows 10 to another PC's.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How can I clone Windows 10 to another PC's.: Hi, First, I have 20 laptops with Windows 8.1, i upgrade all to Windows 10. I add to one PC all softwares, tweaks and config Userprofile. My question is : Can i clone (with Acronis True Image 2016) ; this one PC to 19 others, and have a valid activation ? 19767
  10. How can I transfer my Windows 10 installation to another device?

How can I transfer my Windows 10 installation to another device?: So here's a big a question I've been wondering about I have a desktop PC, a laptop and a tablet with Windows 10 and I want to do a clean install to all of them and because I'm a nerd with physchological issues who wants to install every program with custom configuration...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade and transfer windows