Windows 10: Can I transfer and re-install a Windows 10 upgraded for free from Windows 7 on a different...

Discus and support Can I transfer and re-install a Windows 10 upgraded for free from Windows 7 on a different... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1. I live in China, I bought a computer with a pre-installed Windows 10 CoreCountrySpecific in Chinese, meaning that I couldn't use English as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FloraZHU, Nov 8, 2018.

1. FloraZHU Win User

Can I transfer and re-install a Windows 10 upgraded for free from Windows 7 on a different...

1. I live in China, I bought a computer with a pre-installed Windows 10 CoreCountrySpecific in Chinese, meaning that I couldn't use English as the system language, which I believe is a general issue for many people (from foreign countries or not) in China, and from what I knew, there's no free way so solve this at this moment?

2. On one of my older computer, there is a Windows 10 Home Edition upgraded for free from Windows 7, which I use English as the system language. I started it yesterday after months, it is super slow; and unfortunately during the updating process, the computer crashed and now becomes officially a piece of rubbish.

3. In this case, is it possible for me to transfer and re-install this Windows 10 Home Edition on my new computer?

4. If this is impossible, would anyone offer me some advice on how to have an English system on my new computer? Thanks.

:)

FloraZHU, Nov 8, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Can I transfer and re-install a Windows 10 upgraded for free from Windows 7 on a different...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I transfer and re-install a Windows 10 upgraded for free from Windows 7 on a different... - Similar Threads - transfer install upgraded

2. can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?: I am still on Windows 7, and want to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Is this offer still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-still-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/9a6c1fda-253f-4bc2-8817-7523f7c075ac
  3. can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?: I am still on Windows 7, and want to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Is this offer still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-still-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/9a6c1fda-253f-4bc2-8817-7523f7c075ac
  4. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  5. Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I install Windows 7 ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 pro for free?: I'm currently running Windows 10 home but I still have a key for Windows 7 ultimate submitted by /u/noobatanything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hw2t8u/can_i_install_windows_7_ultimate_and_upgrade_to/
  6. Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 AND then transfer Windows to a different PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 AND then transfer Windows to a different PC?: Currently, I have Windows 7 on an old PC. I am planning on building a new gaming PC, but I don't want to spend $100 on Windows 10. As I see it, I have four options: Transfer Windows 7 to the new PC Transfer Windows 7 to the new PC and then upgrade to 10 for free (I believe...
  7. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?: cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-free/10095da6-8608-40a5-8858-8be24889f16e
  8. re: free upgrade from Windows 7 to windows 10

re: free upgrade from Windows 7 to windows 10: Please can anyone advise me , a single home user of a Dell Laptop that has had Windows 7 installed from new. As we know Windows 7 is coming to an end. I have seen and downloaded the free media Creation Tool 1909 . It appears to allow installation of a free installation of...
  9. Windows 10 re-activation from free upgrade

Windows 10 re-activation from free upgrade: I had an old motherboard that came with Windows 7, and when Windows 10 was offered for existing Windows 7 users I upgraded to that. Now, I bought a new motherboard and am asked to activate windows 10, but when I try to activate it it says its unable to. My question is, will I...
  10. Fresh RE-install for free upgrade to windows 10?

Fresh RE-install for free upgrade to windows 10?: Several months ago I got the free upgrade from Win 7 to 10. I did fresh install onto a blank HDD using a proper ISO and used the key on the bottom of my Toshiba laptop. Toshiba provided no Win 10 drivers, but I got everything working with 7 and 8 drivers. Now the question...