Windows 10: Can I transfer back after transferring to a new computer?

Discus and support Can I transfer back after transferring to a new computer? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Dell computer that came with a retail license and I'm building a new computer. I was wondering if I transfer my license to the new computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Syzole, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Syzole Win User

Can I transfer back after transferring to a new computer?

I have a Dell computer that came with a retail license and I'm building a new computer. I was wondering if I transfer my license to the new computer could I transfer it back to the dell computer just in case something happens like have to send back some parts or something. Bottom line: can a license ve transferred back after being transferred to another computer.

:)

Syzole, Jul 17, 2020
  2. GreenD Win User

Transferring a cpu

Hey

I have a intel core i7 2600k on a Asus p8 H67-M Pro (which was temporary)

now I would like to transfer my CPU to my new motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth.

my questions:
    1) Is this possible, I know that it can be done but I just want to be 100%
    2) if it is possible, can you explain me how it can be done step by step, or send me somewhere where I can find out
    3) also I think I need to take off old thermal paste and add a new layer is this advised/true?

any help would be appreciated

GreenD, Jul 17, 2020
  3. DavidY Win User
    Is the free upgarde transferable? I think not.

Hi Kari,
    Can you confirm that the computer at step 5 (I numbered your list *Wink ) had never had an activated Insider build (especially not 10240)?

I'm wondering if it was possible that the second machine activated because the activation servers recognised the hardware from an earlier activation, and not because of the method you used to transfer?

DavidY, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Can I transfer back after transferring to a new computer?

USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Can I transfer back after transferring to a new computer?

1. Can I transfer back after transferring to a new computer? - Similar Threads - transfer transferring computer

2. Transfer of licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of licence to a new computer: Hi,I have recently bought a new PC and would like to transfer my windows licence from the old to the new. I thought I could delink the licence from my old computer in my microsoft account, but the only device I can see is my partner's. I checked on mine and it says in the...
  3. Transfer Data to New Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Data to New Computer: Hi,I am getting a replacement computer from HP and they have said that they will be shipping an upgrade because they do not make the old one anymore. I need to know if it is possible to transfer the data from an image backup of my current computer without receiving any errors...
  4. Transfering to new computer

Transfering to new computer: I am trying to transfer files from old windows 10 pc to new windows 10 computer. I am using a portable drive. When I start the copy to the new computer, I get an error message. It says there is not enough space on the portable drive. It says I need an additional 48,7 GB to...
  5. Transferring WinPro to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring WinPro to a new computer: Hi. Hope everyone is safe and being sensibly cautious. My current computer is OEM Win 10 Home Chinese. I purchased Win Pro so I could change the language to English - this was some years ago FYI, on the current computer it shows "Edition: Windows 10 Pro" & "Activation:...
  6. transferring files to new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring files to new computer: I'm new to transferring things from my old computer to my new one and I'm lost. I spoke with a couple of peopled and they made it sound easy and now I don't know what to do. Here is what I've done until now. I purchased a new desk top and need to transfer my entire lap top...
  7. Transfer office to new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Transfer office to new computer: How is it done? Or do I buy new? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/transfer-office-to-new-computer/559abeba-13b6-454e-a0ed-b7aa6dba83a1
  8. Data transfer to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data transfer to new computer: Okay, I am completely frustrated. My old desktop Windows 7 crashed. I had used an external hard drive(WD My Passport) to back up my files once a month. I had also used flash drives. I purchased and received my new desktop which is Windows 10. I am unable to get the flash...
  9. How Can I transfer Windows 7 to new computer

How Can I transfer Windows 7 to new computer: How Can I transfer Windows 7 to new computer from back up file on hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-can-i-transfer-windows-7-to-new-computer/97d8f664-620b-45b0-93a7-c7f3e489fac6
  10. New computer: transfer license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New computer: transfer license: My antique pc died today and I'm now working on a new HP Pavilion which came with Win 10 Home. I have a recent iso DVD of Win 10 Pro and plan on installing it. How can I transfer my license? 86181