Windows 10: Can I transfer files without booting into the OS?

Discus and support Can I transfer files without booting into the OS? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have windows 10 installed on my MacBook but there’s an issue with boot camp where it won’t boot and to fix it I’ll have to reinstall windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlkViper188, May 24, 2020.

1. Can I transfer files without booting into the OS?

So I have windows 10 installed on my MacBook but there’s an issue with boot camp where it won’t boot and to fix it I’ll have to reinstall windows. However, can still access all of the windows files in macOS. Is there any way I can copy them and use them to make my new windows install the same as my old one with all the programs and stuff?

submitted by /u/BlkViper188
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlkViper188, May 24, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, May 24, 2020
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, May 24, 2020
  4. everest Win User

Can I transfer files without booting into the OS?

Remote File transfer ?

A simple solution is RAVE from www.randmsoft.com. I use it to transfer files and put files onto my home PC when I'm in a remote location. I also launch batch files (totally into media centre!). The program has various functionality and is quick to respond. It works on Windows OS.

everest, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Can I transfer files without booting into the OS?

1. Can I transfer files without booting into the OS? - Similar Threads - transfer files without

2. Transferring Data to an External SSD without an OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Data to an External SSD without an OS: Do i need to install an OS on a new SSD that i want to use as an external Storage Drive or i can just transfer my data without having to go through the hustle of installing the ISO image to the external SSD...
  3. Transferring Data to an External SSD without an OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring Data to an External SSD without an OS: Do i need to install an OS on a new SSD that i want to use as an external Storage Drive or i can just transfer my data without having to go through the hustle of installing the ISO image to the external SSD...
  4. Transferring Data to an External SSD without an OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I Use Windows Dual Boot instead Of Grubb Without Re-Installing OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I Use Windows Dual Boot instead Of Grubb Without Re-Installing OS?: So, Im using Windows 10 Home & Linux Lite. At the moment, my pc boots up Grubb Menu at the start. Is it possible to use windows Dual Boot Without Re-installing Windows Onto My PC? 170063
  6. OS Transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OS Transfer: Im planning to buy a new laptop without OS. Can I transfer it from my old laptop? It has win 10 home, which I got when updated it from win 7(or 8). submitted by /u/WolfixHD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0rbdm/os_transfer/
  7. OS drive crashed without a backup/boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OS drive crashed without a backup/boot: Hi, my Wife's OS SSD drive crashed and appears to be dead. I've put it in a different computer without any success. She can't find or didn't have a recovery drive and we don't know where the Win10 install USB drive is for her computer. I have one for mine but the product...
  8. Deleting files without affecting the OS.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting files without affecting the OS.: I want to delete all my files on my laptop but keep all files related to the OS(Windows 10). What is the best way to do this? I am not able to delete some files for some crazy reason....
  9. Transferring OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring OS: Hey all, Today I bought an SSD to put in my desktop and want to transfer my OS over to the SSD from the HDD so I can use the HDD purely for storage. Is there any way to do this without downloading third party software?...
  10. File transfers are not recognized on host OS

in Windows 10 Support
    File transfers are not recognized on host OS: I took a hard drive out of a laptop, connected via SATA to my motherbaord, added a letter to the data partition, and transferred well over 200GB of data to user files. When I finished the transfer, removed the letter, safely ejected the drive, and re-installed the drive back...