Windows 10: Can I transfer my Pro licence to my new computer?

Discus and support Can I transfer my Pro licence to my new computer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have bought a new computer with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, directly from Acer. My old computer HP does not work anymore, but it was running a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Familie L., Jun 2, 2023.

1. Can I transfer my Pro licence to my new computer?

I have bought a new computer with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, directly from Acer. My old computer HP does not work anymore, but it was running a pre-installed Windows 10 Pro. Both the old and the new computer are registered in my Microsoft account. Can I transfer the Pro licence to the new computer before I skip the old computer from my account?

:)

Familie L., Jun 2, 2023
  2. Ivienn Win User

Transferring two licences between three computers

I have two windows 10 licences, one used on computer that doesn't work anymore and another on lap top in use. I'm buying a new computer and I would like to move licence I have on lap top, as it's pro version, to new computer and put licence from not working
    computer to lap top.

To explain in more detail:

Current situation:

• Lap top - Windows 10 pro licence, upgraded from windows 8.1. To my knowledge it's not OEM. I have reinstalled system from complete format few times on this device with this licence. I still have product key from 8.1.
    • Not working computer - Windows 10 home licence, upgraded from windows 7. For sure not OEM. I have reinstalled system from complete format few times on this device with this licence. I still have product key from 7 and access to hard drive windows is installed
      on.
    • New computer - Has no licence.

What I want to achieve:

• New computer - Windows 10 pro
    • Lap top - Windows 10 home

I read this
    article
    on how to transfer licence, but I'm not exactly sure how to proceed in my case.

Also how would it be best to install Windows 10, I only know how to get files from installation media, but I'm under impression that is bound to licence and computer?

Ivienn, Jun 2, 2023
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Transfer Windows 10 Licence from Old/Dead Computer to New Computer

Depends on the licence you have. How did you get your Windows 10 licence, was it via the free upgrade and was the previous system installed by the manufacturer = OEM.

OEM licences cannot be transferred, generally but recent posts suggest MS is allowing some transfers.

Retail boxed licence can be transferred to a new device.

New motherboard = new device.

neilpzz, Jun 2, 2023
  4. Can I transfer my Pro licence to my new computer?

Transfer Windows 10 digital licence to another computer

Hi,

I have retail Windows 10 Pro digital licence which is linked to my microsoft account. I want to transfer that licence to new laptop. What are the steps? Do I need to deactivate licence (and how) at first laptop and then install windows to other laptop and link
    somehow that licence to that laptop?

Thanks in advance

JovicaPantic, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

Can I transfer my Pro licence to my new computer?

1. Can I transfer my Pro licence to my new computer? - Similar Threads - transfer Pro licence

2. Can I transfer my Licence for Microsoft 365 family to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer my Licence for Microsoft 365 family to a new computer?: I will soon upgrade my computer and not continue using my old one. Can you tell me what I need to do to continue using my Microsoft 365 family?...
  3. Can I transfer my Licence for Microsoft 365 family to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer my Licence for Microsoft 365 family to a new computer?: I will soon upgrade my computer and not continue using my old one. Can you tell me what I need to do to continue using my Microsoft 365 family?...
  4. Can I transfer my Pro licence to my new computer?

Can I transfer my Pro licence to my new computer?: I have bought a new computer with pre-installed Windows 11 Home, directly from Acer. My old computer HP does not work anymore, but it was running a pre-installed Windows 10 Pro. Both the old and the new computer are registered in my Microsoft account. Can I transfer the Pro...
  5. Transfer of licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of licence to a new computer: Hi,I have recently bought a new PC and would like to transfer my windows licence from the old to the new. I thought I could delink the licence from my old computer in my microsoft account, but the only device I can see is my partner's. I checked on mine and it says in the...
  6. Transfer of licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of licence to a new computer: Hi,I have recently bought a new PC and would like to transfer my windows licence from the old to the new. I thought I could delink the licence from my old computer in my microsoft account, but the only device I can see is my partner's. I checked on mine and it says in the...
  7. Transfer of licence to a new computer

8. can i transfer windows10 pro licence to new computer running windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i transfer windows10 pro licence to new computer running windows 11?: I have treated myself to a new PC running Windows 11 home. My previous computer had Windows 10 pro which is too old for Windows 11I need the remote access part of the pro package but Windows 11 home does not have it. So, I was thinking, can I transfer my old licence to the...
  9. transfer my windows pro 10 to new computer but my digital licence is not showing in the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer my windows pro 10 to new computer but my digital licence is not showing in the...: I have broken my hard disk and need to transfer my windows pro 10 to new computer but my digital licence is not showing in the store just shows I paid for it...
  10. How can I check if my Windows 10 PRO licence can be transfered to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I check if my Windows 10 PRO licence can be transfered to a new computer?: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Mac Mini in bootcamp - thus it obviously wasn't bundled. I think I purchased a Win 8.1 licence years ago and later upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but I can't remember the details. Is there any way to see if my current licence can be removed from my...