Windows 10: Can I transfer my window professional to a new PC

Discus and support Can I transfer my window professional to a new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from my gaming PC to a Gaming Laptop. I will retire my PC but would like to transfer my key to my laptop. I am Planning to reformat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by netbadass, Jan 20, 2021.

1. netbadass Win User

Can I transfer my window professional to a new PC

I recently upgraded from my gaming PC to a Gaming Laptop. I will retire my PC but would like to transfer my key to my laptop. I am Planning to reformat the HDD and do a clean install. Is this a possibility. I Have both devices registered to my microsoft account. Thank you

:)

netbadass, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Mark09(2) Win User

Windows 10 Professional compatibility with Windows 7 Pro Application programs and transfer over to new PC

Hello,

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 10 Professional. My current Windows 7 Professional PC has everything I currently use on a daily basis.
    I need to transfer ALL software programs and data over from Windows 7 Pro PC to my newly purchased Windows 10 Professional PC operating system. What best method does Microsoft recommend to check compatibility of Windows 7 Pro application software
    programs with Windows 10 Pro operating system and what best transfer method should I use to transfer everything over from Windows 7 Pro PC to new PC with Windows 10 Professional?? Please advise.

In years past, Microsoft had Windows Easy Transfer software program that checked Windows XP application software programs compatibility with Windows 7 Pro operating system before all programs and data were transferred over to Windows 7 Pro PC. I did
    have some Windows XP software application programs that did not function within the Window 7 Pro operating system.
    Please advise on Windows 7 Pro application programs and data transfer to new PC with Windows 10 Pro operating system.

Mark

Mark09(2), Jan 20, 2021
  3. transfer windows 10 to new pc?

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Can I transfer my window professional to a new PC

Transferring Windows 10 to New PC Activation

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Can I transfer my window professional to a new PC

1. Can I transfer my window professional to a new PC - Similar Threads - transfer window professional

2. Can I transfer my Windows 10 from my all-in-one PC to a new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 from my all-in-one PC to a new PC?: I have an old all-in-one PC, and just bought a new PC. There is pretty good SSD in my old computer, and I'm going to put in my new one anyways, but I'm really interested if I can also save my Windows 10 and activate it on my new PC by doing that...
  3. Can I transfer windows to a new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer windows to a new PC?: I am building a new computer, and I'm planning to disassemble a relatively recent computer for parts. If I transfer the OS drive and the ram from the old computer, will windows work on the new computer?...
  4. Can I transfer windows to a new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer windows to a new PC?: I am building a new computer, and I'm planning to disassemble a relatively recent computer for parts. If I transfer the OS drive and the ram from the old computer, will windows work on the new computer?...
  5. Building a new pc, can I transfer license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Building a new pc, can I transfer license?: I am building a completely new pc. I have a digital license and its a volume license as well. Does this mean that if I use a bootable usb stick, I will be able to transfer the license as I normally would?...
  6. Can I transfer my windows to a new pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer my windows to a new pc?: Hey so I bought a new pc with no os, and instead of waiting for the 3.5gb of the media creation tool to download (its gonna take me around 3 hours and gonna ruin my evening, slow internet...) I thought if I could transfer an existing windows files to boot from my usb (some...
  7. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to my new pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to my new pc?: I just got my new pc and I’m trying to move my license from my old pc. I’ve done a lot of research on this topic. Neither of my pc’s is prebuilt. I built them myself, but even though I bought the license separately it was sold as an OEM license, which would mean that I can’t...
  8. Can I transfer my copy of windows to a new pc?

Can I transfer my copy of windows to a new pc?: The pc I have is one I built. It has a copy of Windows 10 purchased directly from Microsoft's online store. Due to hardware issues this pc is no longer functioning, and I am currently building a new one. I've tried looking this up but there's a lot of confusion over what is...
  9. Can I Transfer windows digital License to a new PC.

Can I Transfer windows digital License to a new PC.: Recently I bought a new laptop that has windows 10 home pre-installed and activated. but I have a windows 10 pro license linked to my Microsoft account which was for my previous laptop. My previous laptop is currently in not working condition. So is it possible to...
  10. Can I transfer my Windows 10 OS from an OEM PC to my new PC?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 OS from an OEM PC to my new PC?: I've a Lenovo PC that I bought with pre-installed Windows 10 Home. I'm building a new PC by myself. Can I transfer Windows 10 OS from old Lenovo PC to my new self-built PC?...