Windows 10: Can I transfer my Windows 10 Education license to a new PC build?

Discus and support Can I transfer my Windows 10 Education license to a new PC build? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm building a new computer for myself (switching from Ivy Bridge to Ryzen 5 3600) but I don't want to shell out on a new copy of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PS2Facts, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Can I transfer my Windows 10 Education license to a new PC build?

Hi everyone,

I'm building a new computer for myself (switching from Ivy Bridge to Ryzen 5 3600) but I don't want to shell out on a new copy of Windows 10. Can I transfer my Windows 10 Education license to my new PC or is this particular version not eligible?

Thanks in advance Can I transfer my Windows 10 Education license to a new PC build? :)

submitted by /u/PS2Facts
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PS2Facts, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Zijieh Win User

Transfer Window 10 education license to new laptop

Hi everyone, as mentioned in the title I wanted to transfer my window 10 education version license to a new laptop but my situation is a bit different from what i could found on the net.

In the beginning, my first laptop (A) comes with window 8 license by lenovo. After 1 or 2 year window 10 was released and i upgraded to window 10. But it was too slow for me so i upgrade my laptop A to SSD and install window 10. There wasn't any activation
    process at all so i just keep on using it. Then there was a roadshow in my campus and i upgrade to window 10 education version.

But sometimes life isn't that beautiful, this laptop is unable to keep up with my needs. I decided to look for a new laptop (B).

In my country, laptop without pre loaded window is a lot cheaper.

Here is the question, am i still eligible to transfer my window 10 eduction license to laptop B?
    Based on what i found on the microsoft community, my laptop A license is a OEM license which will not allows me to transfer. Later i was able to install window 10 on SSD is because of the digital entitlement on my motherboard. But now my license have
    become window 10 education version which I could not find futher info on this. From what i heard from the roadshow, window 10 education can be transfer 1 time to a new pc/laptop but is not stated anywhere.

Thanks

Zijieh, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Can I transfer my Windows 10 Education license to a new PC build?

Windows 10 Education license transfer

I have a freedos laptop. I was bought Windows 8.1 Pro retail and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free. In this situation I can transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to another computer, right? But I recently upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education.
    My Windows 10 product key was supplied by school webstore (operated by Onthehub). So I have a question. Onthehub support team said I cannot transfer Windows 10 Education to another PC. But I heard Upgrade license's right is same that before upgrade OS's right.
    Is it true? If it is right can I transfer Windows 10 Education to another computer? Because I have a Windows 10 that was upgraded from Windows 8.1 retail(FPP).

Lehigh River, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Can I transfer my Windows 10 Education license to a new PC build?

1. Can I transfer my Windows 10 Education license to a new PC build? - Similar Threads - transfer Education license

2. Transfer Windows License to new build?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows License to new build?: I'm building a new computer and am trying to figure out if my existing windows license will work on the new computer and if I can upgrade to Win 11. Or do I need to buy a new license. I bought a full retail version of Win 7 Pro initially, and upgraded to Win 10. I'd like to...
  3. Transfer Microsoft Education License to a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Microsoft Education License to a new PC: I upgraded my old laptop with Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 then upgraded it with the Windows 11 Edu license. I just got a new PC with a Windows 11 Home edition and I am wondering if I can transfer that Windows 11 Edu license I installed in my old laptop to this new PC with...
  4. Transfer Microsoft Education License to a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Microsoft Education License to a new PC: I upgraded my old laptop with Windows 10 Home to Windows 11 then upgraded it with the Windows 11 Edu license. I just got a new PC with a Windows 11 Home edition and I am wondering if I can transfer that Windows 11 Edu license I installed in my old laptop to this new PC with...
  5. Building a new pc, can I transfer license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Building a new pc, can I transfer license?: I am building a completely new pc. I have a digital license and its a volume license as well. Does this mean that if I use a bootable usb stick, I will be able to transfer the license as I normally would?...
  6. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to my new pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to my new pc?: I just got my new pc and I’m trying to move my license from my old pc. I’ve done a lot of research on this topic. Neither of my pc’s is prebuilt. I built them myself, but even though I bought the license separately it was sold as an OEM license, which would mean that I can’t...
  7. Can I transfer windows 10 education to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer windows 10 education to my new laptop: 1. My current laptop is now using a windows pro version volume version. Is it possible to transfer this to my new laptop which doesn't have an OS? 2. My current laptop is now using windows pro version volume version and I am planning to upgrade it to windows 10 education....
  8. Can't transfer Windows 10 Education license to new PC

Can't transfer Windows 10 Education license to new PC: Hi, I just switched PCs and I'm trying to transfer my Windows 10 Education license but nothing seems to work. I couldn't see any devices when trying the activation troubleshooter and entering the license key manually doesn't work either....
  9. License Transfer new PC build

License Transfer new PC build: Hello All, I'm hoping the answer is yes however I would like to check if anyone has experience of the following - I've had the same PC for quite a long time now, and have in that time switched to using an SSD, new graphics and memory, motherboard has not changed. Originally...
  10. Windows 10 Education License Transfer

Windows 10 Education License Transfer: Hello, I recently obtained a Windows 10 Education key via my university's webstore on OnTheHub. I am currently installing Windows 10 Education on my MacBook Air via BootCamp. If, in the future, I buy a different laptop (MacBook or PC), will I be able to use my current...