Windows 10: Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?

Discus and support Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am wanting to build a new PC, and I currently own a laptop which I bought with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I am wondering if there is any way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NahumMar, May 7, 2020.

1. NahumMar Win User

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?

I am wanting to build a new PC, and I currently own a laptop which I bought with Windows 10 Home pre-installed.

I am wondering if there is any way that later I could transfer my current Windows 10 License to the new computer and just run the free Windows 10 version on this laptop with the watermark.

If it is possible, how would I transfer my license without having to purchase a new one for $100+ because I'm on a tight budget.

:)

NahumMar, May 7, 2020

2. How to transfer windows 10 license to a new computer?

If its the free upgrade originated from an OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 preinstalled license, it is still not transferrable, even though it says its retail in the command line using slmgr.vbs /dlv command.

Only licenses upgraded from a retail Windows 8 or Windows 7 or full Windows 10 license.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, May 7, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 7, 2020
  4. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?

New Compute, Windows 10 (upgrade) Activation Transfer

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

Also see if you can reactivate using chat support:

Andre Da Costa, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?

1. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer? - Similar Threads - transfer License computer

2. Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?: HelloAfter 6 years my old costume computer just died. I still have the license key of it. I'm building a new costume computer. What CD should I buy to install windows 10 if I already have the license key? I saw out there a recover CD with full installation OS. Should I buy it...
  3. Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?: HelloAfter 6 years my old costume computer just died. I still have the license key of it. I'm building a new costume computer. What CD should I buy to install windows 10 if I already have the license key? I saw out there a recover CD with full installation OS. Should I buy it...
  4. Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer: I was planning on buying a new computer this year and I was trying to check if I could transfer my current windows license. I bought it with the computer, so I was expecting a OEM license which would not be transferable. But running the "slmgr /dli" command on the cmd, I...
  6. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to my new pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to my new pc?: I just got my new pc and I’m trying to move my license from my old pc. I’ve done a lot of research on this topic. Neither of my pc’s is prebuilt. I built them myself, but even though I bought the license separately it was sold as an OEM license, which would mean that I can’t...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer

Transfer Windows 10 license to a new computer: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro which I got by updating for free from Windows 7 Professional, which I had bought on a disk. Sadly, that disk, together with the product key, were lost during the many times we had moved. Now, I am planning to buy a new computer, since this one...
  8. transfer windows 10 license to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows 10 license to new computer: help transfer windows 10 license to new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-license-to-new-computer/217de9f5-000b-490d-b048-89632d3fa8e4
  9. Can you transfer a Windows 10 license to a new computer?

Can you transfer a Windows 10 license to a new computer?: Hello, I've just built a new computer and I want to transfer a digital license from my laptop to the new PC. The license is linked to my Microsoft account and I lost my original key. Is there any way to transfer that license to my new PC? thanks...
  10. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?: My existing computer was loaded with Windows 7 Pro and was upgraded for free to 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-windows-10-license-to-an-new/93952858-ba40-41e2-855e-bdf862ff2d97"