Windows 10: Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?

Discus and support Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My existing computer was loaded with Windows 7 Pro and was upgraded for free to 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KMack186, Jan 17, 2019.

1. KMack186 Win User

Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?

My existing computer was loaded with Windows 7 Pro and was upgraded for free to 10.

:)

KMack186, Jan 17, 2019

2. How to transfer windows 10 license to a new computer?

If its the free upgrade originated from an OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 preinstalled license, it is still not transferrable, even though it says its retail in the command line using slmgr.vbs /dlv command.

Only licenses upgraded from a retail Windows 8 or Windows 7 or full Windows 10 license.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?

Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?

1. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled? - Similar Threads - transfer license computer

2. Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?: HelloAfter 6 years my old costume computer just died. I still have the license key of it. I'm building a new costume computer. What CD should I buy to install windows 10 if I already have the license key? I saw out there a recover CD with full installation OS. Should I buy it...
  3. Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?: HelloAfter 6 years my old costume computer just died. I still have the license key of it. I'm building a new costume computer. What CD should I buy to install windows 10 if I already have the license key? I saw out there a recover CD with full installation OS. Should I buy it...
  4. Can I transfer my window 10 license to a new costume computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check if I can transfer my Windows 10 Home license to a new computer: I was planning on buying a new computer this year and I was trying to check if I could transfer my current windows license. I bought it with the computer, so I was expecting a OEM license which would not be transferable. But running the "slmgr /dli" command on the cmd, I...
  6. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to my new pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to my new pc?: I just got my new pc and I’m trying to move my license from my old pc. I’ve done a lot of research on this topic. Neither of my pc’s is prebuilt. I built them myself, but even though I bought the license separately it was sold as an OEM license, which would mean that I can’t...
  7. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?: I am wanting to build a new PC, and I currently own a laptop which I bought with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I am wondering if there is any way that later I could transfer my current Windows 10 License to the new computer and just run the free Windows 10 version on this...
  8. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 license?: I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 sometime ago, and I think I have done a fresh install of 10 at least once since then. I intend to transfer my license to a new computer - am I still able to do this? I've read that an update to Windows may mean this is no longer possible....
  9. Can you transfer a Windows 10 license to a new computer?

Can you transfer a Windows 10 license to a new computer?: Hello, I've just built a new computer and I want to transfer a digital license from my laptop to the new PC. The license is linked to my Microsoft account and I lost my original key. Is there any way to transfer that license to my new PC? thanks...
  10. Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer?: It seems like this may have been answered numerous times, but I cannot determine the answer. I bought a laptop (L1) that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I purchased the Win 10 Pro upgrade ($99) from the Microsoft store. L1 was not powerful enough for my needs. I...