Windows 10: Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?

Discus and support Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My existing computer was loaded with Windows 7 Pro and was upgraded for free to 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KMack186, Jan 17, 2019.

1. KMack186 Win User

Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?

My existing computer was loaded with Windows 7 Pro and was upgraded for free to 10.

:)

KMack186, Jan 17, 2019

2. How to transfer windows 10 license to a new computer?

If its the free upgrade originated from an OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 preinstalled license, it is still not transferrable, even though it says its retail in the command line using slmgr.vbs /dlv command.

Only licenses upgraded from a retail Windows 8 or Windows 7 or full Windows 10 license.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?

Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled?

1. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license to an new computer I assembled? - Similar Threads - transfer license computer

2. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?: I am wanting to build a new PC, and I currently own a laptop which I bought with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I am wondering if there is any way that later I could transfer my current Windows 10 License to the new computer and just run the free Windows 10 version on this...
  3. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 license?: I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 sometime ago, and I think I have done a fresh install of 10 at least once since then. I intend to transfer my license to a new computer - am I still able to do this? I've read that an update to Windows may mean this is no longer possible....
  4. Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer?

Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer?: I am planning to install Ubuntu on my laptop that currently runs of windows 10 OEM. Is it legal to tranfser this license to another laptop which I own/use? If yes how can I do that?...
  5. Can I Transfer windows digital License to a new PC.

Can I Transfer windows digital License to a new PC.: Recently I bought a new laptop that has windows 10 home pre-installed and activated. but I have a windows 10 pro license linked to my Microsoft account which was for my previous laptop. My previous laptop is currently in not working condition. So is it possible to...
  6. If i payed for an app on my old computer, can i transfer it to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If i payed for an app on my old computer, can i transfer it to my new computer?: no details https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-payed-for-an-app-on-my-old-computer-can-i/c9421db6-8ea3-452b-b392-c4a666a94bdb"
  7. Can you transfer a Windows 10 license to a new computer?

Can you transfer a Windows 10 license to a new computer?: Hello, I've just built a new computer and I want to transfer a digital license from my laptop to the new PC. The license is linked to my Microsoft account and I lost my original key. Is there any way to transfer that license to my new PC? thanks...
  8. Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from insiderpreview program to my new computer?

Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from insiderpreview program to my new computer?: I've got windows 10 Pro license for my pc by joined windows insiderpreview program longtime ago and now my pc is completely dead. Right now I have my new laptop with windows 10 home oem license. Can I transfer that win 10 pro license to my new laptop?...
  9. Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer?: It seems like this may have been answered numerous times, but I cannot determine the answer. I bought a laptop (L1) that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I purchased the Win 10 Pro upgrade ($99) from the Microsoft store. L1 was not powerful enough for my needs. I...
  10. Can I transfer a license?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I transfer a license?: Hi My current laptop has died on me and it had windows 10 pro an upgrade from Windows 7 pro. I've just bought a new laptop and have only just realised it doesn't have bitlocker on (which I need for work) as its Windows 10 home what can I do? Can I swap Licences?...