Windows 10: Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?

Discus and support Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! I know that there are plenty of questions like this on the web, but some answers are contradictory so I'd like to have an answer which will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Piodiz, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Piodiz Win User

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?

Hi!

I know that there are plenty of questions like this on the web, but some answers are contradictory so I'd like to have an answer which will be applicable to my specific situation.

Some time ago I bought a laptop without operating system and then I acquired "Windows 7 Professional N with Service Pack 1 32/64-bit (English) - Microsoft Imagine" from DreamSpark (I still have product key for it). I've performed free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro N while it was possible. I have my license connected to my Microsoft account.

Now I'd like to buy new laptop and transfer my Windows 10 Pro N license to it. Can I do that? And if I can, how should I do it to make sure everything is done in correct and legal way?

Of course I do not plan to keep my Windows license on my old laptop.

:)

Piodiz, Jul 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

There is no actual deactivation method.

You can only transfer the license if its a retail license. If it came with the laptop you can't transfer it.

You can first uninstall the key.

Open Start, type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

slmgr -upk

Hit Enter

Next, proceed to upgrade the new laptop:

You might need to reactivate by chat support since the license was previously in use.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?

Andre Da Costa, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?

1. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop? - Similar Threads - transfer License another

2. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: I am having windows volume license. I want to change this license to another company name. what is the procedure for this company name change.ThanksSudhakar Shanmugamoorthy...
  3. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: Can I transfer my windows volume license to another company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-my-windows-license-account-to/ba6fa5e4-bac1-49f7-99de-6894090f7587
  4. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: Can I transfer my windows volume license to another company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-my-windows-license-account-to/ba6fa5e4-bac1-49f7-99de-6894090f7587
  5. Can I transfer Windows license to another PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer Windows license to another PC?: So this is convoluted case. Back in 2013 I assembled PC and bought Windows 8 (or 8.1) BOX version. Then some time after I upgraded it to Windows 10. From that point I did clean installation of Windows 10 from USB couple times and it just activates itself, maybe it remembers...
  6. Can I transfer a license to another account?

Can I transfer a license to another account?: A couple years ago I purchased a notebook and paired its license with an old microsoft account of mine, which later had some issues and I decided to make a new one. However, now with all the ecosystem stuff, I want to change the license key to my new account. I've seen that...
  7. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 license?: I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 sometime ago, and I think I have done a fresh install of 10 at least once since then. I intend to transfer my license to a new computer - am I still able to do this? I've read that an update to Windows may mean this is no longer possible....
  8. Transfer Windows license to another laptop

Transfer Windows license to another laptop: I lost my laptop which had a genuine copy of Windows 10 Home. Now, I am using another laptop but it came with no pre-installed OS. So I want to reuse the old license of the window on my new laptop. Is it possible? Also, I do not have the product key of the lost laptop but it...
  9. How can I transfer license to another PC?

How can I transfer license to another PC?: I have a digital license on my laptop running Windows 10. I want to purchase a new laptop and transfer the license to this new machine. Can I do this?...
  10. Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer?

Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer?: I am planning to install Ubuntu on my laptop that currently runs of windows 10 OEM. Is it legal to tranfser this license to another laptop which I own/use? If yes how can I do that?...