Windows 10: Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer?

Discus and support Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It seems like this may have been answered numerous times, but I cannot determine the answer. I bought a laptop (L1) that came with Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BillGxxo, Feb 4, 2019.

1. BillGxxo Win User

Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer?

It seems like this may have been answered numerous times, but I cannot determine the answer.

I bought a laptop (L1) that came with Windows 10 Home installed.

I purchased the Win 10 Pro upgrade ($99) from the Microsoft store.

L1 was not powerful enough for my needs.

I purchased a new laptop (L2)

I reformatted and restored L1 to factory condition. I did not apply the Win 10 Pro upgrade.

I wish to use the previously purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade on L2.

IS THIS POSSIBLE AND IF SO, HOW DO I DO IT?

Thank you!

:)

BillGxxo, Feb 4, 2019

2. How do I transfer a Windows 10 Pro license from one computer to another?

The preinstalled Windows 10 Pro license on the Surface Pro 3 is not transferable. It is an OEM license.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Licence to a different computer.

Is the Windows 10 Pro a full retail license or was it upgraded from a retail or OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 license?

If its retail, just use the Windows 10 Pro to upgrade the new machine, then reactivate by chat support if necessary:

If you upgraded from a retail Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, you will need to do the following:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the following default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Review instructions how to perform an Easy Upgrade using the default key:

How
    to Perform an Easy Upgrade in Windows 10

After upgrading, proceed to enter the Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate or Windows 8 Pro product key.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click Next to Activate

Learn more about transferring your license:

4. Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer?

Thema:

Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer?

1. Can I transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to a different computer? - Similar Threads - transfer Pro license

2. Transferring My Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring My Windows 10 Pro License: Hello,How may I deactivate my Windows 10 Pro license on this old PC, and transfer it over to my new PC build? I want to run Windows 11 on the new build with a legit license. On this old PC, it says Windows 10 Pro is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft...
  3. Can I transfer my windows 10 license to a completely different system?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer my windows 10 license to a completely different system?: My laptop's a 2017 Lenovo motherboard died. Can I transfer its windows10 license to a Barebones intel NUC kit I bought which came without an OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-windows-10-license-to-a/8e287d01-4a35-4349-9d61-94a3cace98e5
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Pro License to New Computer

Transfer Windows 10 Pro License to New Computer: Hi, I have a laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home. Earlier this year, I had to purchase the $99 Windows 10 Pro digital license through Microsoft Store for that computer. I'm pretty sure there is no product key for it, as it's a digital license. It is linked to...
  5. New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license

New computer - transfer windows 10 pro license: I have an Windows 10 Pro license, purchased from Microsoft as a Digital License. It is active on my current PC that originally came with Windows 10 Home. I have purchased a new PC with Windows 10 Home and would like to transfer the Pro license to it, and keep my old PC with...
  6. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to a new computer?: I am wanting to build a new PC, and I currently own a laptop which I bought with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. I am wondering if there is any way that later I could transfer my current Windows 10 License to the new computer and just run the free Windows 10 version on this...
  7. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 license?: I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 sometime ago, and I think I have done a fresh install of 10 at least once since then. I intend to transfer my license to a new computer - am I still able to do this? I've read that an update to Windows may mean this is no longer possible....
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a different account

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License to a different account: Hello, I have bought a laptop sometime last year and also purchased a Windows 10 Pro digital license from Microsoft Store after a few days of using the laptop since it came with it a Windows 10 Home Single License. I am now about to sell this laptop and I want to include...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 License to a different computer

Transferring Windows 10 License to a different computer: Hello, I have recently built myself a desktop PC, after spending the last 10-11 years using only laptops. While my last laptop came with Windows Home pre-installed and activated I installed Windows 10 Pro on it and bought a digital license for it in the Microsoft Store. It...
  10. I'd like to transfer my Windows 10 pro license to a different PC

I'd like to transfer my Windows 10 pro license to a different PC: I accidentally upgraded the wrong computer with the Windows 10 Pro license. How can I transfer this to a different computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/id-like-to-transfer-my-windows-10-pro-license-to-a/848fd9cb-5af2-43eb-921b-43cd3e667633"