Windows 10: Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my laptop to my pc?

Discus and support Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my laptop to my pc? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; ok so I have a lot of explaining to do so forgive me but... I have a PC that is running windows XP and I want to upgrade it to windows 10 for free. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MohammadRahhal1, May 15, 2020.

1. Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my laptop to my pc?

ok so I have a lot of explaining to do so forgive me but...

I have a PC that is running windows XP and I want to upgrade it to windows 10 for free. I have actually figured out a legal way! I'm gonna install Windows 7 from an iso, and as you know, you can use Windows 7 unactivated for 30 days. During those 30 days, I'll install the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and upgrade the PC to 10. Here is my question. I want to activate my Windows 10 license but don't want to pay for a license. Is it legal to use the license key from my other laptop running windows 10 and use both computers with the same product key?

:)

MohammadRahhal1, May 15, 2020

2. Regarding Transfer of Upgrade Product Key

Backstory:

1. I purchased a laptop that came with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home
    2. I purchased a retail Windows 10 Pro product key and upgraded the laptop.
    Question:

1. I have purchased a new laptop with an OEM version of Windows 10 home installed
    2. I would like to transfer the Windows 10 Pro retail product key to the new laptop so I can upgrade the new laptop.
    3. Also, I would like to restore the OEM version of Windows 10 back onto the old laptop.
    4. Is there a way to do this.

southwestcoyote, May 15, 2020
  3. Transfer of product key

Hello.

Whoever told you that you need to "deactivate" is wrong. Go here for actual steps on transfering the product key over:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windo...

Simply put, you just need to transfer the license over. you do not need to deactivate first.

For more info, i suggest calling MS support about activation issues.

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Zackary Vanosdol, May 15, 2020
  4. Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my laptop to my pc?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my laptop to my pc?

1. Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my laptop to my pc? - Similar Threads - transfer product key

2. Transfer Product key from laptop to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Product key from laptop to pc: Hi i'm a student, with a new pc. My problem is I cant afford a new windows product key. I do however have an old laptop with a copy of windows 10 pro. Could you unlock my windows product key code on that laptop so I can transfer it over to my pc....
  3. Transfer Product key from laptop to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Product key from laptop to pc: Hi i'm a student, with a new pc. My problem is I cant afford a new windows product key. I do however have an old laptop with a copy of windows 10 pro. Could you unlock my windows product key code on that laptop so I can transfer it over to my pc....
  4. Transfer Product key from laptop to pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?: My name is Christian James Calambro Gmail: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** bought a new motherboard that has no OS but my old motherboard has a OS.I can transfer my old Product ID on my new motherboard Please help me....
  6. Can I transfer my laptop windows 10 key that came with it to my new pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer my laptop windows 10 key that came with it to my new pc?: I’ve wondered if I could before I do anything submitted by /u/Bulky-Yogurt7759 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lakewn/can_i_transfer_my_laptop_windows_10_key_that_came/
  7. Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old laptop to my new PC?

Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old laptop to my new PC?: I just built my first PC, but I haven't bought windows. I don't want to spend $100+, so I was wondering if I could transfer my Windows 10 Home digital licence from my old laptop to my new PC. I bought my laptop at Costco....
  8. Regarding how to deactivate my product key in my pc and transfer it to my laptop my product...

Regarding how to deactivate my product key in my pc and transfer it to my laptop my product...: Regarding how to deactivate my product key in my pc and transfer it to my laptop my product key is a digital license key ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-how-to-deactivate-my-product-key-in-my/3c9be6cf-19c4-4973-aa37-06ca8ad72681
  9. Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?: Hello, I just bought myself a new PC and how can I move my Windows 10 product key from my old PC to my new PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-windows-10-product-key-from-my/798577c0-51bc-4255-b7ee-66692a4af82a
  10. can i use the windows 10 product key from my now dead pc on my new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i use the windows 10 product key from my now dead pc on my new pc: my laptop with windows 10 home crashed so I went and bought a new one on 13 Aug 2018. I found out the windows 10 home version on the new laptop is a "single language version". Can I upgrade to a normal Home version or use the product key from my other laptop which crashed to...