Windows 10: Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?

Discus and support Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I just bought myself a new PC and how can I move my Windows 10 product key from my old PC to my new PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BabaYagaSY, May 15, 2020.

1. Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?

Hello,

I just bought myself a new PC and how can I move my Windows 10 product key from my old PC to my new PC.

:)

BabaYagaSY, May 15, 2020
  2. xlook Win User

Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life.

But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get rid of the old motherboard and install a new motherboard. Will I be able to transfer the product key to the new motherboard? Or would I need a retail product key to transfer the key to a new PC or motherboard?

xlook, May 15, 2020
  3. Rob4642 Win User
    Need help with transferring Windows 10 to new PC

*Nevermind I figured it out. I just bought a license key for $29.00. Thx though.
    So my friend asked me to build him a new computer for work. The last one I built him was during the windows 7-10 upgrade grace period. I used to load windows 7, use windows loader to put in a product key, activate it, then upgrade to windows 10. Now that the grace period is over, and I'm working with new hardware, I was wondering if it is possible to install windows 10 from an already functioning computer that operated on a sata SSD to a new computer with an m.2 nvme SSD, using just the product key from the current windows 10 off of his computer. I use a program that grabs the product key called ProduKey.
    Should I do a fresh install of windows 10 using his key after deactivating it from his current PC , instead of cloning drives correct? It would be nice not to have to pay microsoft $200 for windows 10 if he already has it and plans on not using his old pc anymore.

Rob4642, May 15, 2020
  4. FinZak Win User

Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?

Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?

1. Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc? - Similar Threads - transfer product key

2. how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?: My name is Christian James Calambro Gmail: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** bought a new motherboard that has no OS but my old motherboard has a OS.I can transfer my old Product ID on my new motherboard Please help me....
  3. how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?: My name is Christian James Calambro Gmail: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** bought a new motherboard that has no OS but my old motherboard has a OS.I can transfer my old Product ID on my new motherboard Please help me....
  4. how can I transfer my old product key in my new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I transfer keys from an old PC I have to my new PC?

Can I transfer keys from an old PC I have to my new PC?: My dad has an old windows 10 PC, and my new PC does not have windows 10 activated. Could I transfer the key code over to my new PC without losing data on both my PC and my dads old PC?I have one large M.2 drive, and my dads PC has one large hard drive, and he has some...
  6. Can I transfer keys from an old PC I have to my new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer keys from an old PC I have to my new PC?: My dad has an old windows 10 PC, and my new PC does not have windows 10 activated. Could I transfer the key code over to my new PC without losing data on both my PC and my dads old PC?I have one large M.2 drive, and my dads PC has one large hard drive, and he has some...
  7. Can I transfer keys from an old PC I have to my new PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is there a way to transfer Window 10 Key from my old PC to new one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to transfer Window 10 Key from my old PC to new one?: So I'm going to sell my old PC and using a new laptop instead due to my new job. Previously it had a Window 10 Home but I got a Window 10 Education key from my University so I used it to upgrade. I still kept the edu key and want to use the key with my new laptop instead....
  9. Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old laptop to my new PC?

Can I transfer Windows 10 from my old laptop to my new PC?: I just built my first PC, but I haven't bought windows. I don't want to spend $100+, so I was wondering if I could transfer my Windows 10 Home digital licence from my old laptop to my new PC. I bought my laptop at Costco....
  10. Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my laptop to my pc?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my laptop to my pc?: ok so I have a lot of explaining to do so forgive me but... I have a PC that is running windows XP and I want to upgrade it to windows 10 for free. I have actually figured out a legal way! I'm gonna install Windows 7 from an iso, and as you know, you can use Windows 7...