Windows 10: Can I transfer space from my external hard drive to my microSD card?

Discus and support Can I transfer space from my external hard drive to my microSD card? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a lot of free space on my external hard drive and very little on my microSD card, is there a way to transfer space from my external hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatthiasWang, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Can I transfer space from my external hard drive to my microSD card?

Hi,

I have a lot of free space on my external hard drive and very little on my microSD card, is there a way to transfer space from my external hard drive to my microSD card? If so, do I have to use a 3rd party software?

Thank you

:)

MatthiasWang, Dec 16, 2018
  2. ThomasCar Win User

Transferring Files from microSD card to hard drive

Hello,

I'm trying to transfer my photos and videos located on my microSD card to my computer's hard drive. When I upgraded to Windows 10, I didn't have a problem doing wholesale uploads of files by plugging my microSD card into my card reader and copying my files
    over. Now, when I try to copy files from my microSD card to my hard drive, the transfer starts at around 80 MB/s, drops quickly to around 20 MB/s, and then zeros out to 0 KB/s. It stays at 0 KB/s and presumably stops transferring my files. I then have to
    abort the transfer.

The files on the microSD card are fine. I can actually view the pictures and play the videos off the microSD card. I just can't copy those files onto my computer for back-up purposes.

I have searched for this issue, and I've tried many of the recommended fixes, such as running system maintenance and entering all the suggested command prompt commands. It hasn't helped, in fact, I think it may have made it worse. In particular, the transfer
    starts at 80 MB/s and then quickly drops to 0 KB/s, without first throttling down to the lower speeds as before.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

ThomasCar, Dec 16, 2018
  3. ThomasCar Win User
    Transferring Files from microSD card to hard drive

Just purchased a new computer with Windows 10. I'm still having the same file transfer issues. Again, I'm attempting to transfer hundreds of files from my microSD card to my new computer's hard drive in Windows 10. The file transfer starts off strong
    (20 MB/s), then drops to about zero and tends to stay there.

Is this a known issue with Windows 10? If so, what is the fix? I would like to back-up the files on my microSD card to my external hard drives but I seemingly cannot effectively in Windows 10. Please provide guidance.

ThomasCar, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Can I transfer space from my external hard drive to my microSD card?

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Can I transfer space from my external hard drive to my microSD card?

1. Can I transfer space from my external hard drive to my microSD card? - Similar Threads - transfer space external

2. How do I transfer some of my files to my MicroSD Card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer some of my files to my MicroSD Card?: I need some storage for my pc so I bought an SD Card, I wanted to transfer some files into it, but everytime I tried it just copied the files and put it into the SD Card. I tried searching for an answer, but the same bs kept showing up. I really need an answer please....
  3. How do I transfer some of my files to my MicroSD Card?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer some of my files to my MicroSD Card?: I need some storage for my pc so I bought an SD Card, I wanted to transfer some files into it, but everytime I tried it just copied the files and put it into the SD Card. I tried searching for an answer, but the same bs kept showing up. I really need an answer please....
  4. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.: Can someone tell me how to transfer data from hard drive to external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-hard-drive-to-external-ssd/8d744dd6-1e4d-48a6-bcda-c241eec118bb
  5. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.: Can someone tell me how to transfer data from hard drive to external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-hard-drive-to-external-ssd/8d744dd6-1e4d-48a6-bcda-c241eec118bb
  6. transfer games from hard drive to external drive problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer games from hard drive to external drive problem: My hard drive is almost full to purchased an external game drive. Went to Steam and followed their instructions to transfer games to newly created folder on the game drive. Followed directions to the letter and when I hit the create new folder, message was "read only" and...
  7. USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB transfer speed from external hard drive to external hard drive: I'm having a hard time finding which USB ports on my laptop and its dock are v3 or v2 (or less possibly), but when I tried two different ports (I think one is v3), they both seemed to transfer at about 150KBps... which seems slow even for USB v2. I'm copying files from an...
  8. unable to transfer files to my external hard drive

unable to transfer files to my external hard drive: Hi, i have a toshiba canvio basics 1tb external hard drive and i have problems in transferring files from my pc to it. It's format is exfat. When i transfer files, it always freezes in 0% copying. When I tried to transfer files from hdd to pc, it work okay. I don't know...
  9. [HELP] Trouble with MicroSD card and file transfer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Trouble with MicroSD card and file transfer: I got a MicroSD card today that had been used by someone else(it came w a used synthesizer module) and when I hooked it up I couldn't find the files from the synth and I can't transfer the files I want onto it because it keeps telling me I need admin permission even though...
  10. Can I transfer Outlook to my external drive?

Can I transfer Outlook to my external drive?: Hello, My laptop has a 32 Gb SSD, so it's always low on space. I want to download my paid email account to Outlook, but it's 2 GB, so I can't do it on my laptop, But I have a 1 TB and a 5 Tb external drives. HOW can I transfer (or reinstall) Outlook on my externals so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer space across hard drives

2. How do I transfer files stored on my external hard drive to my new win 10 computer