Windows 10: can i transfer W7 Games to W10 this question hasn't been fully answer

Discus and support can i transfer W7 Games to W10 this question hasn't been fully answer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; this question hasn't been fully answered 39899 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by boskey, Feb 5, 2016.

1. boskey Win User

can i transfer W7 Games to W10 this question hasn't been fully answer

this question hasn't been fully answered

:)

boskey, Feb 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Constant Refreshing & Dell Inspirion N5050

Upgraded to W10 from W7. Constant refreshing. Dell says it hasn't been tested on this laptop. Is there a fix or update? This is getting ridiculous. The thing constantly refreshes. W7 is good. W8.1 is a joke. I like W10; can we get this fixed on
    the Dell Inspirion N5050?

JohnTraxler, Feb 5, 2016
  3. W10 Crashing with BSOD error: WHEA_Uncorrectable Error

I have now rolled back to W7, so although my question was not fully answered, I am operational again.

Due to the hardware issues encountered, I see no way to upgrade to W10 again.

Thank you

J

johnlmcfall, Feb 5, 2016
  4. Dude Win User

Which games are you transferring?

Dude, Feb 5, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    The built-in games of Win7 can be transferred using Copy but you have to get one or more support files from Windows. There has been posted on the Internet a pair of files for downloading, 32-bit and 64-bit versions, which can be installed to get those games onto Win10, check a page here:
    windows 7 games for windows 10 at DuckDuckGo
    I've done the install without issue but do note that is for the built-in games of Win7. I think that fully answers the question unless you need a visit to do it for you.

Berton, Feb 5, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Feb 5, 2016
  7. Aren't the files in these games copyrighted? If so, then it would probably be against the law to redistribute them without MS's consent. Which is why it's better if we just pull the necessary files from 7 ourselves, either from a real 7 install or from 7 in a virtual machine.

AnonVendetta, Feb 5, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Then if that is your argument(copyright) the VM better be activated with a key first*Wink

Cliff S, Feb 5, 2016
  9. boskey Win User
    Thank you very easy when you know how, done in 5 minutes thanks again and to everybody else that helped.

boskey, Feb 6, 2016
  10. Berton Win User
    You're welcome.

Berton, Feb 6, 2016
  11. @ Cliff S: There's really no need to activate the VM with a key at all, only that you should obtain the files yourself rather than downloading them (since distributing/downloading them may cross questionable legal boundaries). You can either leave the VM unactivated, or download a trial copy of 7 Enterprise direct from MS (which is perfectly legal, and available to anyone with a Microsoft account).

AnonVendetta, Feb 9, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    No comment*Zip

Cliff S, Feb 9, 2016
  13. can i transfer W7 Games to W10 this question hasn't been fully answer

If I have no comment, then I simply won't say anything at all (because "no comment" is still a comment nonetheless). I would rather summarily ignore them altogether, and leave them wondering what my position is.

AnonVendetta, Feb 9, 2016
  14. lx07 Win User
    The Window 7 games don't work on any RS1 release - 10586 is the last build they will work. After that you can install them but running the .exe does nothing. Not sure how or why but MS seems to have blocked them

If you like solitaire then this is quite a good (free) alternative. Download 123 Free Solitaire - MajorGeeks

15. lx07 Win User
    Is your comment that you wouldn't say "no comment"?

Or are you saying you will not post about something by posting about it?

What is the point of your post then? I do wonder (idly) what your position is and also what subject your are supposed to have a position on (assuming you do).

I'm astonished - this is one of the most confusing posts ever.. Congratulations *Smile

Thema:

1. can i transfer W7 Games to W10 this question hasn't been fully answer - Similar Threads - transfer Games W10

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. how to transfer AOL package from W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to transfer AOL package from W7 to W10: how to transfer AOL package from W7 to W10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-aol-package-from-w7-to-w10/b8f3884a-23f8-49f2-8bee-93433844a526
  5. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  6. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  7. Why lock a thread when the question HASN'T BEEN ANSWERED?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why lock a thread when the question HASN'T BEEN ANSWERED?: I have a new Win10 tablet PC. Every time I swipe down on the touchpad, it would display: To use dictation, select a text field" in a pop-up at the top of the screen. That pop-up would remain until I cleared it. I don't want to use dictation. Ever. So, I disabled Speech...
  8. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  9. Old games on W10? Or can I run W7 in a box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games on W10? Or can I run W7 in a box?: Hi all, just joined up. I don't use W10 myself yet but I'm about to set up an all-in-one PC for an elderly relative. She's a great fan of many old games, like Bejeweled, Flipwords, Text Twist, Luxor etc, and owns 20 or 30. But I'm beginning to wonder if old software...
  10. W10 questions I would want answers to before commiting.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 questions I would want answers to before commiting.: The offer of a 'free' update or upgrade to W10 has understandably caused quite a stir. I can think of a few questions I would need answers to before committing to the decision. 1/ Unless a "clean install option" from an ISO was available then I almost certainly would not...