Windows 10: Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer?

Discus and support Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am planning to install Ubuntu on my laptop that currently runs of windows 10 OEM. Is it legal to tranfser this license to another laptop which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AjithThomas2, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer?

I am planning to install Ubuntu on my laptop that currently runs of windows 10 OEM. Is it legal to tranfser this license to another laptop which I own/use? If yes how can I do that?

:)

AjithThomas2, Jan 17, 2020
  2. LvxOne Win User

Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license to another computer?

If the license is retail, then yes you can transfer it.

If the license is OEM, then no, you cannot.

If the license came with your laptop (or you upgraded from the license that came with your laptop), then it is OEM and not transferable.

Source: Windows 10 License Key

LvxOne, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer?

How to transfer windows 10 license to a new computer?

If its the free upgrade originated from an OEM Windows 7 or Windows 8 preinstalled license, it is still not transferrable, even though it says its retail in the command line using slmgr.vbs /dlv command.

Only licenses upgraded from a retail Windows 8 or Windows 7 or full Windows 10 license.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer?

1. Can I transfer windows 10 OEM license to another computer? - Similar Threads - transfer OEM license

2. Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro version (Retail) which is on my old PC, now I got a new PC and want to activate it on that, I understand that only 1 activation may be active at once. I want to transfer from one to the other. I cannot find my product key anywhere and in...
  3. Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 License to another laptop?: Hi! I know that there are plenty of questions like this on the web, but some answers are contradictory so I'd like to have an answer which will be applicable to my specific situation. Some time ago I bought a laptop without operating system and then I acquired "Windows 7...
  4. Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile

Transfer Windows OEM license to another user profile: Hi, I have a laptop, which came with a Windows 10 OEM license. It is now activated in my windows live account or something like that. If I reinstall the OS completely and log in on this laptop, no new activation is needed. This is fine. But soon I will buy a new laptop, and...
  5. Unused Windows 10 OEM license transfer

Unused Windows 10 OEM license transfer: Hi, it's a very particular question, I have an OEM license that hasn't been used and I would like to use it on another PC other than that which it was intended for. It has never been activated. My understanding is that OEM licenses can be resold to any PC, until they are...
  6. Windows 10 Professional License transfer to another computer; Retail vs. OEM version...

Windows 10 Professional License transfer to another computer; Retail vs. OEM version...: 1. How do I determine if my version is a Retail or is an OEM version? 2. Can the Retail or OEM nature of the version be determined by the Product Key itself? 3. I am aware that: "If you upgrade from a retail version, it carries the rights of a retail version....
  7. How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro License to another computer

How to transfer a Windows 10 Pro License to another computer: Dear Community, One of my Laptops running Windows 10 Pro has died irretrievably and I want to transfer the license to a new PC. How do I go about this? Thanks Lynn...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.

Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.: I currently use Bootcamp on my Mac and own a copy of Windows 10. I'm building my own PC and I'm curious if I delete the Windows partition off my Mac can I use that same copy of Windows on my new PC? I read somewhere when you activate Windows it gets locked to the specific...
  9. Can I transfer a license?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I transfer a license?: Hi My current laptop has died on me and it had windows 10 pro an upgrade from Windows 7 pro. I've just bought a new laptop and have only just realised it doesn't have bitlocker on (which I need for work) as its Windows 10 home what can I do? Can I swap Licences?...
  10. Can I resell Windows 10 license OEM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I resell Windows 10 license OEM?: I purchased a custom build PC in the spring with a 120 GB SSD boot drive. I have Windows 10 Home (OEM 64 bit) installed from a disc. In short, Windows 10 has turned out to be a nightmare, worst OS ever. I HATE it. I want to get rid of Windows 10 and install Windows 7 Pro...