Windows 10: Can i transfer windows 10 pro 64 bit to a new hard drive and it still be legitimate

Discus and support Can i transfer windows 10 pro 64 bit to a new hard drive and it still be legitimate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So my current hard drive is dying and i want to transfer my windows 10 pro 64 bit to a new hard drive using a cloning program. I upgraded from windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LordDeimos8, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Can i transfer windows 10 pro 64 bit to a new hard drive and it still be legitimate

So my current hard drive is dying and i want to transfer my windows 10 pro 64 bit to a new hard drive using a cloning program. I upgraded from windows 7 pro 64 bit for free. Is this acceptable or will it make my copy of windows unregistered/illegitimate and i will have to buy windows 10 ? I will be still be using the same motherboard, ect. Thanks

:)

LordDeimos8, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Larrypa11 Win User

Installing windows 10 pro 64 bit on new PC

I want to Install windows 10 pro 64 bit on new PC , On my old PC I have windows 10 pro 32 bit , 9 years ago I bought old PC with OEM Vista OS , about 2-3 years ago I purchased windows 8 pro 32 bit for $40 by a download from microsoft and clean installed
    this on old PC on a new hard drive, since then I upgraded to windows 8.1 pro 32 bit and then upgraded to windows 10 pro 32 bit. Can I directly install the windows 10 pro 64 bit on new PC by USB drive created by mediacreationtool program or do I have to install
    windows 8 pro 32 bit via my windows 8 recovery CD then upgrade to win 8.1 pro 32 bit , then install windows 10 pro 64 bit on new PC by USB drive created by mediacreationtool program? Also will there be any activation issues?

Larrypa11, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Is this upgrade to Windows 10 Pro correct? Any tips you can give me? Thank You!!

Starting with my W7 Ultimate 32-Bit Desktop; add Memory and Replace SSD; load W7 Ultimate 64-Bit; Upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10 Pro.

My Desktop

Processor: Intel i5-2500k

Motherboard: Intel DH67BL

Memory: Crucial 2x2Gb = 4GB Plus Crucial 2x8Gb = 16Gb Total = 20Gb

SSD: Intel X-25 Series 320 80Gb (C: OS, Programs, Program Data, etc.)

Replace with Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

HDD: Western Digital 1 Tb (D: User Data)

Windows 7 Ultimate Product Box (Copyright 2009) containing

Product Key

32 Bit Disk

64 Bit Disk

Upgrade steps:

• Make hardware upgrades (in bold)

• The new SSD is empty. Load the W7-64 Bit disk into the disk drive hoping it will led to a W7-64 Bit install on the SSD (C: drive).

• The W7 Ultimate version will be a revision corresponding to when my PC was new (about 2010). Upgrade PC to the latest version of W7.

• Use the Library function to relink user data to my D: drive data.

• Use the invitation from Microsoft to invoke the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

Edmond Danta, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Can i transfer windows 10 pro 64 bit to a new hard drive and it still be legitimate

Upgrading to 64 bit on new drive

I have on my desktop computer Windows 10 Pro 32 bit, Version 1703, build 15063.138. I want to upgrade to windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I want also to add a SSD drive to my old computer and make it the boot drive. I know how to add the drive and my i5 processor
    is 64 bit ready. My present windir is now on a partition of drive C. How do I upgrade so that the new installation will be on the new drive and will recognize the activation I have now.

Emmanuel Pladott, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Can i transfer windows 10 pro 64 bit to a new hard drive and it still be legitimate

1. Can i transfer windows 10 pro 64 bit to a new hard drive and it still be legitimate - Similar Threads - transfer pro bit

2. Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?: I have a laptop that came with Windows preinstalled. I recently bought a SSD to replace the HDD with, but I don't have any ability to clone the old hard drive to the new. I have all the files I need, but I don't want to have to buy Windows again. Is it possible to transfer...
  3. Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows PRO 10 32 bit to 64 Bit: How do I update 32bit Windows 10 Pro on a 64bit system to 64bit OP Sys x 64bit Processor System? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pro-10-32-bit-to-64-bit/e10c32dc-cebb-4569-b469-8dd000e1935b
  4. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Hard Freezes Randomly: I've been dealing with random hard freezes with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit builds since 2016. I don't have this issue with Windows 7 Pro 64bit and I'm using identical hardware. Virtually nothing has changed hardware wise between Windows 7 and Windows 10. This is a custom built...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit: I have been using Clonezilla-live for years. It no longer works as both my computers are UEFI. What suggestions do you have that will not cost me a fortune to back up my computers. Thank for any help. 143195
  6. Can I upgrade from 32 bit windows 10 pro to 64 bit windows????????

Can I upgrade from 32 bit windows 10 pro to 64 bit windows????????: I upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 professional. But it installed 32 bit windows 10 pro. I have 6 GB ram. I bought additional 4gb ram for it. I need to upgrade to 64 bit windows 10 pro.. How can I do this???? Will my processor support 64 bit???? My...
  7. New install Windows 10 pro 64-bit

New install Windows 10 pro 64-bit: I am installing the above in a rebuilt ASUS A53E-A51 Laptop with a new Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSHD-2.5" SATA 6GB/s Flash storage device. I booted up, got the installation going for a clean install, entered my new key code, had it confirmed. I'm now at the screen: "Where do...
  8. Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive

Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive: Windows 10 was installed on my computer when i bought it, about to upgrade hard drive, how do i get window10 on new drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-to-new-hard-drive/8416286a-0f0e-412a-a166-567a3667d147
  9. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to 32 bit downgrade

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to 32 bit downgrade: There must be a step-by-step process to follow in order to move an existing OS from Win10 pro 64 bit to 32 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated....
  10. Serious cleaning of hard drive with Windows 10 (64 bit)?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Serious cleaning of hard drive with Windows 10 (64 bit)?: Hi all, I have tried free and paid software to actually clean up my hard drive but then I go looking around in file explorer and see tons of entries such as windows temp directories chock full of files that add up pretty quickly. I presume most of the clean up software...