Windows 10: Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead, non-working laptop to my new one?

Discus and support Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead, non-working laptop to my new one? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently my laptop decided crash and there was no saving it. My old laptop had Windows 10 Home installed. I later updated it to Windows 10 Pro through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TJ Parthun, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead, non-working laptop to my new one?

Recently my laptop decided crash and there was no saving it. My old laptop had Windows 10 Home installed. I later updated it to Windows 10 Pro through the Windows Store. Now that my old laptop is dead, I'd like to be able to activate Windows 10 Pro on the new computer without paying for a whole new license as I need to have the BitLocker and Remote Desktop Features.

Is there anyway to recover the Windows 10 Pro product key and transfer the license to my new computer? I can't seem to find anything with the product key on it, only the order in my account order history. The order doesn't contain any other information than the purchase date, order number, and product purchased (Windows 10 Pro).

:)

TJ Parthun, Oct 30, 2019

2. Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from insiderpreview program to my new computer?

I've got windows 10 Pro license for my pc by joined windows insiderpreview program longtime ago and now my pc is completely dead.

Right now I have my new laptop with windows 10 home oem license. Can I transfer that win 10 pro license to my new laptop?

TikkiKorntatan, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

Hi,

I am running my laptop with Windows 10 Pro version. I have issues with my laptop and want to replace it. But the item i am planning to buy is having Windows 10 home edition.

Can i use my pro license again in the new laptop.?

• how to deactivate from current laptop.
    • IHow can I transfer the license to my new laptop.
    • will adding this license uograde the OS to pro version.?
    Thanks

Sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Oct 30, 2019
  4. lsylsy1 Win User

Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead, non-working laptop to my new one?

Transfer windows 10 Pro license to new build pc

I would like to Transfer windows 10 Pro license from a most dead old PC to new build pc. Teach me how.

lsylsy1, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead, non-working laptop to my new one?

1. Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead, non-working laptop to my new one? - Similar Threads - transfer Pro license

2. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license from old, dead laptop to new one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license from old, dead laptop to new one.: Hi all! I'm trying to find a way to retrieve my Windows 10/11 Pro license, bought from Microsoft Store, from my previous laptop that completely died some days ago. No matter what I do, it won't turn on.I bought a new Surface Laptop 5 yesterday, but I'm trying to find a way to...
  3. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license from old, dead laptop to new one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license from old, dead laptop to new one.: Hi all! I'm trying to find a way to retrieve my Windows 10/11 Pro license, bought from Microsoft Store, from my previous laptop that completely died some days ago. No matter what I do, it won't turn on.I bought a new Surface Laptop 5 yesterday, but I'm trying to find a way to...
  4. Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro license on a dead PC, Windows 10 Home on a new one...transfer license?: Completer motherboard failure on an older PC 10 years. Figuring new board, CPU, DDR, etc., getting a Dell XPS 8940 via Costco. Good hardware, Windows Home 10. I do have the license information on my old PC Windows 10 Pro. I have a home network using Windows Server Essentials...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro license from a dead laptop: Hello! A laptop I had, using a retail license of Windows 10 Pro, died a while ago and cannot be repaired - the laptop remained at the seller and he sent a replacement unit which is yet to arrive. Is there any way I can migrate the Pro license to a new machine? Thank you for...
  6. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro license from a non working device to a new one

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro license from a non working device to a new one: My device display suddenly stopped working...and I bought a new device. My original device had a Win 10 Home but I had a retail copy of Win 7 Ultimate which I used to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I had gone to accounts and I see that my previous device has Win 10 Pro...
  7. How to Transfer Windows 10 License from a dead pc to a New one

How to Transfer Windows 10 License from a dead pc to a New one: How Can I Transfer my Windows 10 License from my dead pc to a New Computer. The old computer's motherboard cant repair. Can I transfer the license to another PC. I purchased Windows 10 DVD earlier. I have a serial number on it. can I re-use it ?...
  8. Can I transfer Windows 10 from dead, non-working, PC to new one

Can I transfer Windows 10 from dead, non-working, PC to new one: My motherboard just fried itself last week and I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer my purchased copy of Windows 10 to the new PC I'm building. If so, is there any video guides that shows exactly what needs to be done or even a step by step guide can help, as long as...
  9. Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one

Transfer windows license from dead pc to new one: My pc died and I'm building a new one now. I was wondering if I could somehow get a free installation for my new pc since I already had a license once. Thing is I can't access my old pc to uninstall if I have to. I had the license since windows 8 and upgraded to windwos 10 if...
  10. Transfer license from the dead

Transfer license from the dead: My laptop died, as in the cylinders were ratting around. Idiot me tossed it before it dawned on me that I might not get full windows 10 on my new laptop. Which turned out to be a Surface - it comes with Windows 10 S (which seems to be a 'we want to protect you from...