Windows 10: Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro License under Volume License to a new device?

Discus and support Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro License under Volume License to a new device? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 7 Server 2016 eval with two eval VM's Get answers from your peers along with millions of IT pros who visit Spiceworks. Join Now Can someone confirm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JCDValenzuela, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro License under Volume License to a new device?

Server 2016 eval with two eval VM's

Get answers from your peers along with millions of IT pros who visit Spiceworks.
    Join Now

Can someone confirm the following licensing questions:

1) Microsoft Windows 10 Professional Volume License Part number: FQC-09478

2) This volume license will entitle us to downgrade and install Windows 8 or Windows 7 Pro

3) This license will entitle us to install Windows 10/8/7 Pro operating system on any barebone PC, it is NOT tied to one PC like OEM license

4) If a PC crashes due to hardware issue, can we transfer or use the license to install Windows 10/8/7 Pro OS on the new PC ? If not, is there any way re-use the license to a new device?

:)

JCDValenzuela, Jan 18, 2019

2. transferring license to another device

You can't because the free upgrade originated from a preinstalled OEM Windows 8.1 license. You will need to purchase a new full Windows 10 license for the other device.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro License under Volume License to a new device?

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro License under Volume License to a new device?

1. Can I transfer Windows 10 Pro License under Volume License to a new device? - Similar Threads - transfer Pro License

2. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device: I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store Windows Apps - Microsoft Store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you....
  3. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device: I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you....
  4. How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer win10 pro licensing to a new device: I have upgraded Windows 10 home to pro on my loptop by windows store. I want to transfer the win10 pro upgrading licensing to my desktop. Any one know how to do that?Thank you....
  5. Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device

Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device: Hi TeamI purchased a Windows 10 Pro license a year back.Recently purchased a new machine and wanted to migrate the key from old machine to the new machine.New machine is loaded with the Windows home. Kindly help me to transfer this product keys to new machineThanks in advance...
  6. Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device: Hi TeamI purchased a Windows 10 Pro license a year back.Recently purchased a new machine and wanted to migrate the key from old machine to the new machine.New machine is loaded with the Windows home. Kindly help me to transfer this product keys to new machineThanks in advance...
  7. Unable to Transfer Pro License key to new Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10): Hi, my son's laptop (purchased outright from a large chain electronics store in another country) has just started popping up with a "Your Windows licence will expire soon" message. It turns out that it has a volume licence and we would be coming to the end of our 180 days. I...
  9. can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device?: can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-the-windows-10-pro-upgradedigital/0bebb1ca-1590-482d-9bc6-16f44b725cd1
  10. Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner

Windows 10 Pro license transfer to new owner: I have a Samsung laptop with OEM Windows 10 Home installed originally. I upgraded via MS Store to Windows 10 Pro on this same PC. I used my Outlook.com ID for install/managing the PC. I now want to sell the PC. It will be reset to factory, which is Windows 10 Home. How...