Windows 10: Can I transfer Windows 10 that is already on an M.2 NMVE to my new PC

Discus and support Can I transfer Windows 10 that is already on an M.2 NMVE to my new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 already installed on an M.2 NVME drive on my old PC. I am about to build my new PC with completely different parts and I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanielMcClung, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Can I transfer Windows 10 that is already on an M.2 NMVE to my new PC

I have Windows 10 already installed on an M.2 NVME drive on my old PC. I am about to build my new PC with completely different parts and I need to know, can I move the M.2 drive from my old PC to the new motherboard without deactivating windows and reinstalling on the same drive in my new computer? I am keeping all my old drives (mechanical and M.2), my power supply and my AIO but everything else is brand new.

It seems kind of silly to have to deactivate uninstall windows and reinstall and reactivate everything from the same drive.

:)

DanielMcClung, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 25, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Can I transfer Windows 10 that is already on an M.2 NMVE to my new PC

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Can I transfer Windows 10 that is already on an M.2 NMVE to my new PC

1. Can I transfer Windows 10 that is already on an M.2 NMVE to my new PC - Similar Threads - transfer already NMVE

2. Can I use My old M.2 with window 10 on new PC and install window 11?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use My old M.2 with window 10 on new PC and install window 11?: I want to clone my old M.2 with window 10 came with PC from third party PC builder shop. and data on it to prerun on new PC as part way to window 11 home That I will buy by myself. with my old data because my old data is priceless to remove like my personal doc. and my works...
  3. Can I use My old M.2 with window 10 on new PC and install window 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use My old M.2 with window 10 on new PC and install window 11?: I want to clone my old M.2 with window 10 came with PC from third party PC builder shop. and data on it to prerun on new PC as part way to window 11 home That I will buy by myself. with my old data because my old data is priceless to remove like my personal doc. and my works...
  4. Can I use My old M.2 with window 10 on new PC and install window 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New M.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New M.2: Greetings,I've recently installed a second M.2 First one is my primary C: I installed a few games and it was working fine for a few days.Then suddenly it would Bluescreen Crash and restart my Windows 11 every time i would start a game.I installed and ran CrystalDiskMark and...
  6. Windows 10 to my new SSD m.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 to my new SSD m.2: I've been watching videos and I was using an external SSD to put windows 10 on my SSD m.2, but when id open bios the boot option wouldn't show up. now I'm trying to download windows to my 28GB flash drive and it says it needs more space? Some tips would be helpful. submitted...
  7. Can I transfer my windows to a new pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer my windows to a new pc?: Hey so I bought a new pc with no os, and instead of waiting for the 3.5gb of the media creation tool to download (its gonna take me around 3 hours and gonna ruin my evening, slow internet...) I thought if I could transfer an existing windows files to boot from my usb (some...
  8. New M.2 NMVe SSD recognized but not usable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New M.2 NMVe SSD recognized but not usable: Alright folks, I usually manage on my own but here I'm starting to lose my mind, and I'm not familiar with PCI express stuff. Any help is appreciated. I built my own PC some years ago, here are the relevant specs : Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 850 EVO SSD 256GB with 1 TB HDD...
  9. Activation after transfer to new M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after transfer to new M.2 drive: So straight to it, I got windows way back in 2013 for my PC, installed and activated it. Then it updated to windows 10 a while back. Then this week I got a new M.2 ssd and used the samsung cloning program to transfer from my old ssd onto the m.2 one. When I try personalise...
  10. SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NMVe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NMVe SSD: I bought a new SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NVMe SSD. Mr Google on several sites said that a DVD install will fail at the make Partition stage. I installed from a DVD no problem. The only changes I made in the UEFI was to disable the other drives so as to be sure to install to the...