Windows 10: Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

Discus and support Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had bought a laptop couple of months ago. During fresh start, system got started with my MS account and windows activated with digital license linked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ishak Mp, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Ishak Mp Win User

Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

I had bought a laptop couple of months ago. During fresh start, system got started with my MS account and windows activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft Account. Now I have gifted the beast to a friend of mine and I want to transfer Windows digital license of that PC to his account. What steps should I follow so that I can sign out my MS account safely from the PC and he won't lose windows digital license? Hope my fellows here help me out!!

:)

Ishak Mp, Jun 4, 2022

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ? [​IMG]

MCardona81, Jun 4, 2022
  3. How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?

So i bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in it. When i look up the activation page on settings it says "Windows is activated with a digital license".

all i know about digital license is that it is connected to a Microsoft account. But this laptop i bought doesn't have Microsoft account in it, only local account/Administrator (i know it from Settings > account).

So the question is if i login to my Microsoft account (from the Activation > Add Microsoft account), will the digital license 'transfered' to my Microsoft account??? Or is it gonna be stuck forever on the local account???

Sorry for this silly question, im totally new with this digital license scheme.

august.watt, Jun 4, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

Kari, Jun 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ? - Similar Threads - transfer Digital License

2. Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-a-digital-license/677411be-556f-42e5-9115-40625081ab26
  3. Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-a-digital-license/677411be-556f-42e5-9115-40625081ab26
  4. Is it possible to transfer a digital license linked with a Microsoft account to another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer digital license to another account

Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  6. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  7. Transfer digital license to another account

8. Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?: I had bought a laptop couple of months ago. During fresh start, system got started with my MS account and windows activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft Account. Now I have gifted the beast to a friend of mine and I want to transfer Windows digital license of...
  9. Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?

Can I transfer Windows Digital License to another Microsoft Account ?: I had bought a laptop couple of months ago. During fresh start, system got started with my MS account and windows activated with digital license linked to my Microsoft Account. Now I have gifted the beast to a friend of mine and I want to transfer Windows digital license of...
  10. Digital license transfer to another account

Digital license transfer to another account: Hey, I want to change the Microsoft account linked with my PC. However, I am uncertain if by doing so my digital license will be transferred to the new account. I have ensured that the older account is signed out from my device. I was also observing the activation page which...