Windows 10: can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you

Discus and support can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by E Fontana, Oct 3, 2022.

1. E Fontana Win User

can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you

:)

E Fontana, Oct 3, 2022
  2. ThurmanNW Win User

WordPerfect X5 and Windows 10

Cannot get my documents from WordPerfect X5 in the Windows 10 upgrade. It worked fine in Windows 7. I have ran the sfc/scannow and it shows no problems. I just don't know how to have the WordPerfect program access the documents already saved in My Documents.
    Wish we could drag and drop again..

ThurmanNW, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Internet Explorer 11 / WordPerfect Office X5 Glitch

Hi, Erwin,

Thanks for your response and your assistance in helping me to resolve this problem.

First, I don’t have any documents with .doc- or .docx extensions, and I’m not sure about
    .html. The problem occurs with all .wpd and
    PDF
    documents that I create in WordPerfect Office X5 and .jpg photos stored in my Photos folder. I've cleared out the cache, the cookies and temporary files on Internet Explorer several times. In fact, the Corel Representative I
    was dealing with instructed me to do the following in an effort to rectify this problem. Neither suggestion helped, though:

Delete temp files and reset the program (to delete the temp files in your computer, kindly follow the instructions that are provided in the link below).

KB Corel: How to remove Temp files from Windows to resolve multiple software and system issues

Corrupt workspaces may lead to problems with the stability and/or operability of the application and in some circumstances can prevent the application from launching. To restore default settings in WordPerfect Office X5

METHOD 1

1. Hold down the F8 key on the keyboard.

2. With the F8 key depressed, launch WordPerfect Office X5

3. The following message will appear:

Are you sure you want to overwrite the workspace with the factory defaults?

4. Click Yes and release the F8 key.

Note: Some newer keyboards have an “F Lock” key that must be pressed first to activate the Function keys on the keyboard.

METHOD 2

1. Go to Start

2. Click Run.

Note: Windows Vista / 7 users can use the Start menu search box.

1. Type %appdata% and press Enter.

2. Open the Corel folder.

3. Right-click the WordPerfect Office X5 and choose Rename.

4. Change the name to WordPerfect Office X5.old.

If the problem still persists please try to repair the software and see if that would help.

To repair a WordPerfect Office X5 / X6 / X7 Installation:

(1) CLOSE all open applications including the WordPerfect Office X5/X6/X7.

(2) On your keyboard, press and hold the "Windows Logo" and the "R" keys to launch the "Run" dialog box.

(3) On the "Run" box, type: appwiz.cpl

(4) Click "OK" or press "Enter" to open the Programs and Features folder window.

(5) Right-click on WordPerfect Office X5/X6/X7 from the Currently installed programs list and left-click to Uninstall.

(6) In the WordPerfect Office X5/X6/X7 InstallShield wizard, enable the "Repair" option.

(7) Click "Next", and follow the instructions that appear.

(8) When the process is complete, click "Finish".

(9) DO NOT LAUNCH ANY of the WordPerfect Office X5/X6/X7 PROGRAMS.

(10) Please restart your computer for any changes to take effect.

Finally, Andre DaCosta, an MVP Volunteer Moderator on Microsoft Community, suggested the following which also did not work:

Open Start, type: internet options

Hit Enter

Click the Content tab

Under 'AutoComplete' click Settings

Uncheck 'Use Windows Search for better results'

Click OK

Click Apply then OK

That’s where I am at this point. I appreciate anything you can suggest with an eye to solving this puzzle.

Sincerely,

Apocatequil, Oct 3, 2022
  4. can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you

Issue with WordPerfect X5 and Logitect Setpoint 6.1 on Windows 10

Original title: New computer running win 10, tried to install WordPerfect X5 which workd on Win 7. WordPerfect X5 will not open on Win 10. Also there are issues with Logitect Setpoint 6.1.

Have modified, repaired and re-installed Word Perfect X5 2 times. Run compatibility. Tried to find something on a Windows program and I find nothing that tells me what the issue is and , of course, there are no suggestions as to what can be done. Word Perfect
    does install but will not open, says "Cannot Initialize."

Second issue is with Logitech SetPoint 6.1. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn"t.

All this is rather frustrating especially since I cannot access my files.

Donald Turner 442, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

1. can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you - Similar Threads - transfer WordPerfect Thank

2. Windows Hello: NO THANK YOU :

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello: NO THANK YOU :: Hello,I was reminded of the annoying persistence Windows shows when wanting us to activate the Windows Hello feature.I was in a game, quite immersed into it, and well focused. And a Windows Hello just popped out of nowhere to ask me if I wanted to set it up^or be reminded in...
  3. Windows Hello: NO THANK YOU :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello: NO THANK YOU :: Hello,I was reminded of the annoying persistence Windows shows when wanting us to activate the Windows Hello feature.I was in a game, quite immersed into it, and well focused. And a Windows Hello just popped out of nowhere to ask me if I wanted to set it up^or be reminded in...
  4. Windows Hello: NO THANK YOU :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you

can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you: can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-wordperfect-x5-windows-10-to/81508d89-4f04-4242-9ed4-c26fda468798
  6. Can you transfer data directly from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you transfer data directly from Windows 10 to Windows 11?: I'm sure many of you guys know about smartswitch and how it can transfer all data, apps, settiings, etc from one phone to another like that directly. I'm wondering if there's such a software that exists for PC where you can transfer all data, apps, settings, etc from one PC...
  7. Can you transfer data directly from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you transfer data directly from Windows 10 to Windows 11?: I'm sure many of you guys know about smartswitch and how it can transfer all data, apps, settiings, etc from one phone to another like that directly. I'm wondering if there's such a software that exists for PC where you can transfer all data, apps, settings, etc from one PC...
  8. Can you transfer data directly from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

9. Windows 10 / Wordperfect X4

Windows 10 / Wordperfect X4: Mods--I posted this question in another thread that was several years old. i got a notification to that effect and a suggestion to start an new thread. So... I am upgrading my computer hardware and am thinking about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I resisted...
  10. Thank you for Windows 10_DPI_FIX.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Thank you for Windows 10_DPI_FIX.exe: I just upgraded my computers to Windows 10. On my older desktop, fonts have been awful looking and I've played with every setting I know about until i seems they should all be broke! Then I stumbled across a post in Windows TenForums about Windows 10_DPI_FIX.exe. I'm kind...