Windows 10: Can I trick applications into using a different language from my default system lang?

Discus and support Can I trick applications into using a different language from my default system lang? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have some applications and games that don't allow me to manually change the language and instead will always default to windows' default display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HefJef64, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Can I trick applications into using a different language from my default system lang?

I have some applications and games that don't allow me to manually change the language and instead will always default to windows' default display language.

I need a way to mantain my system language the same (Italian) while making these specific applications use English.

When it comes to productivity programs it's not a huge deal, but when it comes to some videogames I can't stand playing them in my native language and I would rather play them in the original language they were made in.

submitted by /u/HefJef64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HefJef64, Jan 18, 2021

2. Unable to set keyboard language as default differently from Windows 10 language

Hello,

You can configure your keyboard language by adding it on the default language set on the system. For instructions, follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Open Time & language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Click on the default language, and click Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard, and select the language that you want to add.

We'll wait for the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Gus ND Win User
    Unable to set keyboard language as default differently from Windows 10 language

I'm able to do that, but the problem is: I need the default language for the keyboard to be set to brazilian portuguese but everytime I log in, windows is enforcing the keyboard language to be the same as the used for display.

I know I can press windows+space to switch languages, but I did not have to do it in the past, something changed with the latest patches.

Gus ND, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Can I trick applications into using a different language from my default system lang?

Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Can I trick applications into using a different language from my default system lang?

1. Can I trick applications into using a different language from my default system lang? - Similar Threads - trick applications using

2. Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11: I am using 4 different languages on my Windows system. Under Settings/Time & Language/Typing/Advanced Keyboard Settings, in the part called Switching input methods, I have selected the option Let me use a different input method for each app window. But where and how do I then...
  3. Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11: I am using 4 different languages on my Windows system. Under Settings/Time & Language/Typing/Advanced Keyboard Settings, in the part called Switching input methods, I have selected the option Let me use a different input method for each app window. But where and how do I then...
  4. Can I set different applications using Ethernet or WiFi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I set different applications using Ethernet or WiFi?: I want my gaming go through Ethernet, which is low bandwidth but stable and low latency. And watch videos and web browser go through Wi-Fi. My Wi-Fi and Ethernet are not at the same router. Is it possible to do that? submitted by /u/Peanut_John [link] [comments]...
  5. Smartscreen acts differently with different languages of systems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smartscreen acts differently with different languages of systems: [ATTACH] I want to run SamPlus.Service.Setup on my computer and my friend's computer, my computer is in English and I can install it with using "Run Anyway" button, but my friend's computer is in Turkish and that button does not appear. How do I install this program on his...
  6. [Trick] How to use two wallpapers in different orientation

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Trick] How to use two wallpapers in different orientation: Hello. I give trick how to use different wallpapers in different display orientation. And give some info for future. Do it at your own risk! Experimental: Wallpaper trick (screen orientation) - Windows 10 Forums Prelude: Microsoft maked "Hero" wallpaper for multi...
  7. Changing system default language

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing system default language: Hi, I got a windows10 edition in a specific language and I would like to change it to English. How can I do it? Will it become the original English version or it is only a translation pack? The only guide I found is this How to change the system language across your...
  8. Can I have a different default input method from the display language

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I have a different default input method from the display language: I just upgraded from Windows 7 and I realized in Windows 10 the input method is bundled with the language. What I want is to display in English but have a default input method of Chinese. But in the language settings they are bundled and when I "move up" the Chinese to the...
  9. Can I use a multi-lang DVD to update single language install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use a multi-lang DVD to update single language install?: Finally have my laptop back to where it was with 10240, which was online updated from 7 Pro x64. I obtained a multi-language iso of 1511 and attempted to use it to do the update but got a clean install, which I had to manually undo by moving everything from Windows.old to...
  10. Windows 10. Use languages different from UI language

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10. Use languages different from UI language: Hi all, I have a small problem with languages in windows 10 (originally the same problem was in win8, but I didn't solve it there as well). I bought the laptop with german windows. But whole my life I worked with english UI interface. I know what and where I should search...