Windows 10: Can I turn an Edge extension on and off every day?

Discus and support Can I turn an Edge extension on and off every day? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; There is an Edge extension that I use every day, but it affects performance when it is on. Can I turn the extension on and off in settings as often as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by radiowaves, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Can I turn an Edge extension on and off every day?

There is an Edge extension that I use every day, but it affects performance when it is on. Can I turn the extension on and off in settings as often as I like without causing any problems in Edge?

:)

radiowaves, Mar 26, 2018
  2. bam0o Win User

Right-Click Context Menus in Edge (build 10166)

Hi, UG!

Sorry, I was on vacation so didn't do anything related to programming this time.

Next week I'll try to check my idea...

But meantime I can't understand why my extension is almost useless? Is it because of you need click "Turn on anyway" every time Edge starts? If so I can't guarantee any result of my idea. So there are the chances my extension won't become more useful if
    the features from extension itself don't help you. =)

In my case I almost don't turn off Edge. Just close the lid of my laptop and that's all. But even after restart I click once to turn on my custom extensions and got all the features.

Anyway I will check next week as promised above.

bam0o, Mar 26, 2018
  3. Microsoft Edge compatible with Norton Security?

There's nothing to believe or not believe. There is only a fact that Microsoft makes Edge extensions freely available to everyone and every company. Norton can use it if they want to build a toolbar for Edge. Microsoft isn't holding them back, and they
    encourage every company to build as many extensions as they want for Edge. It works just like Chrome where you can install any extension you want. If Norton chooses on their own not to build one for Edge, that's Norton's choice to make. That's a fact, not
    an opinion.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 26, 2018
  4. Can I turn an Edge extension on and off every day?

No, Edge does not have that functionality. It is either on or remove it.

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 28, 2018
  5. Ph0werd Win User
    Just click on the Extension -> then click on Manage.. Then you see [The Extension Name + ON], switch it to the Left and the Extension is off. (this works for ublock origin in Edge i don't know for other extensions) Try it! *Smile

Ph0werd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can I turn an Edge extension on and off every day?

1. Can I turn an Edge extension on and off every day? - Similar Threads - turn Edge extension

2. Edge Extensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Extensions: Hi, While regularly browsing with the new Edge I end up with around 90 or so process for around 30ish tabs. These 90 processes bring the app to an absolute crawl using roughly 70% cpu usage on a 3930k and around 70% memory usage on 32gb ddr3 ram. I feel like this is most...
  3. Edge extensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge extensions: Is there still no way to stop Edge from turning off extensions automatically? I use an S/MIME extension that it likes to turn off and it's a pain in the ass to have to shut everything down and log back into my work email every time it does it. submitted by /u/dronesitter...
  4. can i turn the feed off in the new edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    can i turn the feed off in the new edge browser?: can i turn the feed off in the new edge browser start screen? /canary version. Regards. 131929
  5. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  6. Edge Extensions

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Edge Extensions: I have a Dell Latitude 10 ST2E Table running Windows 10 Ver. 1607, Build 14393.2551. I had the RoboForm Extension Installed. On one of the recent updates, the extension disappeared. If I go back into the Microsoft Store to download it, it says you own this product but the...
  7. Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge extensions: Does MS Edge support add-ons/extensions? I use Last Pass & xmarks in Firefox, IE and Chrome. Is it possible to use them in Edge? Thanks. 13599
  8. Internet connection turns off every day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection turns off every day: Every day my internet stops working for Internet explorer and Chrome. Firefox works fine because I have it set to auto-detect settings. To fix this, I have to first click win+R, and then type "regedit" and open. Then go here -...
  9. “Turn Off the Lights” Extension for Microsoft Edge Released

in Windows 10 News
    “Turn Off the Lights” Extension for Microsoft Edge Released: “Turn Off the Lights” Extension for Microsoft Edge Released Another extension now available for the Windows 10 browser [img] Microsoft finally released extension support for Edge browser earlier this week as part of an insider preview build and developers have...
  10. Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Extensions in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Extensions in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...