Windows 10: Can I turn off the drive scan and fix?

Discus and support Can I turn off the drive scan and fix? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time the computer does the drive scan and fix, it is possible the windows may have problem to bootup bootup problems after drive scan and fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XianWang2, Apr 15, 2021.

1. XianWang2 Win User

Can I turn off the drive scan and fix?

Every time the computer does the drive scan and fix, it is possible the windows may have problem to bootup bootup problems after drive scan and fix have been 2 or 3 times and I have fixed already. So I want to turn off the drive scan and fix in the system, is it possible? If so, how to turn off?

Thanks a lot

:)

XianWang2, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it when connecting an HD drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get a clear picture of the issue, we will need the following details:

• When exactly are you receiving the error message?
    • Have you tried connecting the drive to any other USB port?
    • Are you able to access the drive on any other computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer and the HD drive?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

You can scan the drive for errors by following the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane.
    3. Right click on the HD Drive and select
      Properties.
    4. Click on Tools tab, under
      Error Checking
      click on Check. This will scan the drive for error and fix them.
    Note: If any bad sectors are found on the hard drive while Windows try to repair the sectors, data on the sectors might be lost.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 15, 2021
  3. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Apr 15, 2021
  4. JoeJY Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I turn off the drive scan and fix? - Similar Threads - turn off drive

2. Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive: My main C drive has received a warning about possible failure, 'Warning: reliability is degraded Back up your data in case of drive failure' and as a result I have been trying to back it up. Before I can back it up windows tells me I should scan and fix the drive but this has...
  3. Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan and fix will not fix errors on drive: My main C drive has received a warning about possible failure, 'Warning: reliability is degraded Back up your data in case of drive failure' and as a result I have been trying to back it up. Before I can back it up windows tells me I should scan and fix the drive but this has...
  4. Scan and Fix on USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan and Fix on USB Drive: Hey everyone,I have a USB drive that's had some issues for some time. It takes time to load all the files, and sometimes the File Explorer crashes and I have to remove and re plug the drive. However, I've always been able to access my files just fine after a few...
  5. Scan and Fix on USB Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan and Fix on USB Drive: Hey everyone,I have a USB drive that's had some issues for some time. It takes time to load all the files, and sometimes the File Explorer crashes and I have to remove and re plug the drive. However, I've always been able to access my files just fine after a few...
  6. Can you turn the automatic scanning off in windows Defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you turn the automatic scanning off in windows Defender.: Hello, Can you turn the automatic scanning off in windows Defender ? If you can please you show me how to do this in windows 8.1 and windows 10 as well. I give a pc a though scan with windows defender once a month. Thanks Matthew...
  7. Can anyone fix this? I turn the computer on and then completely turns off when the dell...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can anyone fix this? I turn the computer on and then completely turns off when the dell...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OrangeandKirby [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kngax3/can_anyone_fix_this_i_turn_the_computer_on_and/
  8. How can I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn this off?: Hello, I bought a new Laptop recently and it had Norton. Everything was OK till the free protection I had expired, so what did I do? I unninstalled Norton. Then some days later, a Windows message appeared while I was playing a game and it said "Antivirus protection expired",...
  9. Can I Turn Off External Drive During Scan After Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Turn Off External Drive During Scan After Restart: During the first restart after downloading and initiating the install of the Win 10 Ann Update (1607) via Windows Update, I am getting the message "Scanning and Repairing drive (F*Smile: x% complete. This scan is very slow. I neglected to turn off or disconnect an external...
  10. Can I Turn Off Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Turn Off Updates?: In the past week I've been inundated with updates that have nearly rendered my laptop useless for online use. It's running much slower and continuously tries to install a failing update, shutting down several times a day to do it. And can I find a way to uninstall Groove...