Windows 10: Can I turn off the start button function?

Discus and support Can I turn off the start button function? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It doubles as the command button in adobe premiere and it's pretty annoying that sometimes it works in premiere and sometimes it just opens the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlondiestRockGod, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Can I turn off the start button function?

It doubles as the command button in adobe premiere and it's pretty annoying that sometimes it works in premiere and sometimes it just opens the start menu.

submitted by /u/BlondiestRockGod
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlondiestRockGod, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Neil53 Win User

Start Button functions

Greetings from a junior member!
    I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro...
    A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board.
    I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with...
    Much of the commands from thew tool bar result in a quick flash, then gone.
    The start button (bottom left) will only work now via a right click to even close down.
    A left click is dead on the start button.

From the hidden icon links, much the same.
    Quick flash from actions recommended and nothing further.

I really do not want to go through a complete reformat and reinstall of OS...
    Any suggestions hw to restore this satanic device back to factory - without losing what I have already installed or set up?
    Thank you
    N53

Neil53, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Can I turn off the start button function?

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Can I turn off the start button function?

1. Can I turn off the start button function? - Similar Threads - turn off start

2. Turn Off Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn Off Button: I have used MacOS countless times in the past and want to make it so when I press the power button, it turns off the screen and cannot be disturbed by a key tap or a mouse movement but when I hold the power button it shuts the computer down, or in my preferred case making it...
  3. Turn Off Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn Off Button: I have used MacOS countless times in the past and want to make it so when I press the power button, it turns off the screen and cannot be disturbed by a key tap or a mouse movement but when I hold the power button it shuts the computer down, or in my preferred case making it...
  4. Turn Off Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pressing button “e” will turn on this function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pressing button “e” will turn on this function: Hi, Can anyone help me to disable this function? While I press e button it will auto pop this function. Is it irritating. Especially during typing . My mouse cursor will turn to this . Anyone can help?...
  6. How can I turn off the button id's that pop up"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I turn off the button id's that pop up": Greetings, I don't know what they are called but when I mouse over the close icon, I get a pop up id that reads "Close". How can I turn this feature off? I find it annoying. Thanks for any help on this. 154057
  7. settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...

settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...: Hi, In Windows 10, settings, turn system icon on off, the power button is not functional it is turned off permanently, please help, cannot put battery icon on my taskbar...
  8. Start Button functions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Start Button functions: Greetings from a junior member! I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro... A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board. I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with... Much of the commands from...
  9. Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off: I have disabled the feature in the power options and yet Windows continues to use the quick start feature. All I want my computer to do is shut down completely when I hit shut down. Functions such as auto-enabling my num-lock via the registry edit do not function properly due...
  10. Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off

Disabling Quick Start fails to turn the function off: I have disabled the feature in the power options and yet Windows continues to use the quick start feature. All I want my computer to do is shut down completely when I hit shut down. Functions such as auto-enabling my num-lock via the registry edit do not function properly due...