Windows 10: Can I turn on Media Streaming from the command prompt (for batch fil)?

Discus and support Can I turn on Media Streaming from the command prompt (for batch fil)? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I started using W10 Media Streaming to access videos on my laptop from my Samsgung TV. This works pretty well most of the time, but, sometimes, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kevinh89, Jan 16, 2021.

1. kevinh89 Win User

Can I turn on Media Streaming from the command prompt (for batch fil)?

Hi,
    I started using W10 Media Streaming to access videos on my laptop from my Samsgung TV. This works pretty well most of the time, but, sometimes, I run into issues that get sorted by turning off and on the Media Streaming. Some other times, Media Streaming just randomly turns off so I have to turn it back on.

I was wondering if there is any command that I could put on a batch file, to easily turn off and on Media Streaming without having to go Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Media streaming options

Thank you.

Windows Version: 1909
    Build: 18363.1316

:)

kevinh89, Jan 16, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Bree Win User
    Clear command prompt history from within batch.

No and Yes.

You can set the size of the list of remembered commands to zero. This will clear all the history, but will also turn off recording any further history. So you should then set a size for the list. Use the command DOSKEY /LISTSIZE=0 after the line prompting for the password. eg..

Code:

4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Can I turn on Media Streaming from the command prompt (for batch fil)? - Similar Threads - turn Media Streaming

2. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: Hi yall, Does anybody know if I can start/stop Media Streaming from a batch file? Otherwise I have to go Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Media streaming every time it needs a reboot (sometimes it hangs or it fails to start after reboot)....
  3. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: HiIs there any way to start/stop the Media Streaming from a batch file? I been encountering that, sometimes, after a reboot or when the pc wakes up, I need to start it from scrat or even restart it Media Streaming because my TV wont pick it up. I been going all the way from...
  4. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file: HiIs there any way to start/stop the Media Streaming from a batch file? I been encountering that, sometimes, after a reboot or when the pc wakes up, I need to start it from scrat or even restart it Media Streaming because my TV wont pick it up. I been going all the way from...
  5. Media Streaming - enable/disable from batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Command Prompt/ Batch files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt/ Batch files: [ATTACH] when i create a batch file to ping something, it spams the command and throws no response. how do i fix this? https://preview.redd.it/fyy6qwrfx7n61.png?width=256&format=png&auto=webp&s=d55552fdc7a5c297d565617f710992048238660c submitted by /u/xWasss [link]...
  7. Clear command prompt history from within batch.

in Windows 10 Support
    Clear command prompt history from within batch.: I have a batch, running in "Command Prompt", that prompts for a password. For any number of reasons I can't guarantee that the window will close before exposing that data (arrow keys browse history list). Is there a way to keep the password out of the list or is there a way...
  8. Media streaming is not turn on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media streaming is not turn on: OK I have posted this issue several times. The last 2 Windows update is interfering with media streaming from my PC to my Xbox. My Xbox was able to detect my PC as I set it up as a media server so that I can stream movies from my PC to my Xbox to watch on my tv but after an...
  9. media streaming not turning on

media streaming not turning on: I am trying to include a Bravia TV in the list of devices with which I can share media from my Desktop computer.. When I click the "Turn On Media Streaming Button" on my Desktop computer nothing happens. I also have a Surface Pro3 and the button works normally on this and...
  10. Can not turn on Media streaming

Can not turn on Media streaming: When I click on the "Turn on media streaming", the first time I tried it I got the circle of death for about 2 minutes, then nothing happened. Status says "Media streaming is not turned on". Now when I click on "turn on media streaming" nothing happens. Any help? 41697