Windows 10: can I turn on system protection for all of my external hard drives

Discus and support can I turn on system protection for all of my external hard drives in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i have three external hard drive... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by davidelwonger, Sep 2, 2019.

1. can I turn on system protection for all of my external hard drives

i have three external hard drive

:)

davidelwonger, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Sep 2, 2019
  3. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 2, 2019
  4. can I turn on system protection for all of my external hard drives

Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

can I turn on system protection for all of my external hard drives

1. can I turn on system protection for all of my external hard drives - Similar Threads - turn system protection

2. External hard drive is not write protected for sure but my desktop insist that it is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive is not write protected for sure but my desktop insist that it is: I use a desktop running windows 11 at home. Recently, I tried to copy some files to my external hard drive but I got the error message saying it is write protected. I’ve tried to use different usb ports as well as other external hard drives and usb keys but I got the same...
  3. External hard drive is not write protected for sure but my desktop insist that it is

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive is not write protected for sure but my desktop insist that it is: I use a desktop running windows 11 at home. Recently, I tried to copy some files to my external hard drive but I got the error message saying it is write protected. I’ve tried to use different usb ports as well as other external hard drives and usb keys but I got the same...
  4. External Hard Drive Write-Protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Write-Protected: I am trying to use my external hard drive on my Windows 11 machine, but it says it is write-protected now all of a sudden. I tried some of the fixes online uncheck read-only in properties, regedit, diskpart, sfc scan, & chdisk, but they didn't work. Any USB I plug in is also...
  5. External Hard Drive Write-Protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Write-Protected: I am trying to use my external hard drive on my Windows 11 machine, but it says it is write-protected now all of a sudden. I tried some of the fixes online uncheck read-only in properties, regedit, diskpart, sfc scan, & chdisk, but they didn't work. Any USB I plug in is also...
  6. Can not eject external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not eject external hard drive: I currently have an external hard drive attached to my computer through a front USB port. When I try to eject it with the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon, it says "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and...
  7. How can i recover the file system in my external hard drive toshiba 4T?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i recover the file system in my external hard drive toshiba 4T?: I lost the file system in my external hard drive submitted by /u/WorkingFancy3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnyl3w/how_can_i_recover_the_file_system_in_my_external/
  8. Can not eject external hard drive!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not eject external hard drive!: Hi, I have a recent issue that when I tried to safely eject external hard drive an error message appear as below: '\Device\Harddiskvolume2\Program Files\Microsoft\MDOP MBAMAgent.exe' is preventing this device from being stopped... I wonder how to fix this issue? Thanks...
  9. External USB hard drive is write-protected. How can I remove write protection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External USB hard drive is write-protected. How can I remove write protection?: I have been using a Western Digital My Passport external USB 3.0 hard drive for years as a backup drive. My old computer died and I just replaced it. Now when I plug in the external drive, I cannot write to it in any way, even just renaming a file. This error message is...
  10. System locked external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System locked external hard drive: Hello, I locked the Pictures folder on my external hard drive using Windows (drive X for this purpose). I believe I used the Security tab on the folder and SYSTEM locked it...basically making it so that if that drive X was not connected to my PC, that folder was...