Windows 10: Can I undo a restore?

Discus and support Can I undo a restore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In an attempt to recover a database file I lost I thought I would restore my computer to just a few days ago. (I know - trying to peel a banana with an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ElectroChristo, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Can I undo a restore?

In an attempt to recover a database file I lost I thought I would restore my computer to just a few days ago. (I know - trying to peel a banana with an axe...)

The restore dialogue had Dec 1 2019 as the restore point date. I did it - but it took the computer back to day 1 - before I even upgraded to Win 10 (it is now at win 8.1).

Can I undo a restore?

submitted by /u/ElectroChristo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ElectroChristo, Dec 5, 2019

2. System Restore Undo

My OS is Windows 10.

I know how to so a System Restore, but cannot find a way of undoing
    it.

Can someone please provide me with step by step instructions for undoing a System Restore.

Many thanks.

AnthonyStirling, Dec 5, 2019
  3. undo system restore

Yes in the system restore options there will be an Undo button to go back.

1. If you boot to advanced startup options from within Windows 10, you must be signed in as an administrator to undo a system restore.

2. Click/tap on Troubleshoot.

3. Click/tap on Advanced options.

4. Click/tap on System Restore.

5. If you booted to advanced startup options from your Windows 10 installation media, click/tap on your listed Windows 10 OS, and go to step 7 below.

6. If you booted to advanced startup options from within Windows 10, click/tap on an administrator account you want to provide credentials for.

A) Enter the password for this administrator account, and click/tap on Continue.

7. Click/tap on Next.

8. Select the restore point that has Undo for its "Type", and click/tap on Next.

See if that helps.

MikeSnyder61704, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Can I undo a restore?

Unable to undo a system restore

You couldn't undo both anyway.

Undo System Restore in Windows 10/8/7/XP Without Data Loss [100% Secure] – EaseUS

It doesn't matter whether you are using Windows 10, Windows 8, 7 or XP. Here is a list of crucial information that you should be aware of:

• A data backup is highly necessary before undoing a System Restore.
    • A System Restore cannot be canceled if you did it in Safe Mode.
    • A System Restore cannot be canceled if you did it from System Recovery Options.

But read all the information there.

Bill Smithers, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Can I undo a restore?

1. Can I undo a restore? - Similar Threads - undo restore

2. Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt: I thought that this would help the issue I was having. It did not it only made it worse. I fixed the main issue I was having but now I lost all my administrative rights to my computer on this account. So I was wondering if there's another cmd command like this secedit...
  3. Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt: I thought that this would help the issue I was having. It did not it only made it worse. I fixed the main issue I was having but now I lost all my administrative rights to my computer on this account. So I was wondering if there's another cmd command like this secedit...
  4. Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is the way to restore my Windows 10 system to its default settings and undo any...

What is the way to restore my Windows 10 system to its default settings and undo any...: In the past, I mistakenly believed that applying various tweaks to my computer would improve its performance. However, my PC remained slow and unresponsive. Even after resetting my PC, the issue remains. I'm now looking for a solution to restore my computer’s performance and...
  6. What is the way to restore my Windows 10 system to its default settings and undo any...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is the way to restore my Windows 10 system to its default settings and undo any...: In the past, I mistakenly believed that applying various tweaks to my computer would improve its performance. However, my PC remained slow and unresponsive. Even after resetting my PC, the issue remains. I'm now looking for a solution to restore my computer’s performance and...
  7. What is the way to restore my Windows 10 system to its default settings and undo any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. how to undo a recent recovery/reset/restore of my windows 10 pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to undo a recent recovery/reset/restore of my windows 10 pc?: Please HELP...I tried to restore my computer a few minutes ago, but I cannot recognize anything on screen. All my apps, settings, everything is gone or hidden from view. How can I return it to the way it was a couple of hours ago.I am using an HP desk set> Windows 10 v....
  9. how to undo a recent recovery/reset/restore of my windows 10 pc?

how to undo a recent recovery/reset/restore of my windows 10 pc?: Please HELP...I tried to restore my computer a few minutes ago, but I cannot recognize anything on screen. All my apps, settings, everything is gone or hidden from view. How can I return it to the way it was a couple of hours ago.I am using an HP desk set> Windows 10 v....
  10. how to undo a recent recovery/reset/restore of my windows 10 pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging