Windows 10: Can I uninstall "Mail and Calendar", "Store" and "MsOffice Desktop"?

Discus and support Can I uninstall "Mail and Calendar", "Store" and "MsOffice Desktop"? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can I uninstall (permanently) from my Win10 system: - "Mail and Calendar" (I want to use Thunderbird email client instead) - "Store" and "Wallet" (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pstein, Jul 24, 2019.

1. pstein Win User

Can I uninstall "Mail and Calendar", "Store" and "MsOffice Desktop"?

Can I uninstall (permanently) from my Win10 system:

- "Mail and Calendar" (I want to use Thunderbird email client instead)
    - "Store" and "Wallet" (I never want to install Apps+Programs from MS Store)
    - "Microsoft.Office.Desktop" (I want to use LibreOffice resp. an older version of MS Office instead)
    - "Microsoft Windows.SoundRecorder" and "Microsoft.WindowsCamera" (I want to use different Non-Microsoft camera+soundrecording tools)

Does any of the mentioned Apps cause a harm to 3rd-party programs (with a similar functionality)?

Does for example an uninstall of "Microsoft.WindowsCamera" also remove the driver of the notebook camera so that other cameras tool
    cannot use it any more?

Can re-install them at least later again?

Peter

:)

pstein, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can I uninstall "Mail and Calendar", "Store" and "MsOffice Desktop"? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 24, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I uninstall "Mail and Calendar", "Store" and "MsOffice Desktop"? - Similar Threads - uninstall Mail Calendar

2. Can I uninstall mail and calendar and just use outlook and still have the same features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I uninstall mail and calendar and just use outlook and still have the same features?: Can I uninstall mail and calendar and just use outlook and still have the same features? Features like a calendar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-uninstall-mail-and-calendar-and-just-use/47c3cde6-015f-4e07-bce9-c26d97049a52
  3. Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working: Windows 10 user: My Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar are not working. The apps are there but when I click on one it disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-mail-calendar-not-working/86f12013-41e9-4576-9e59-8ea46a9f1779
  4. Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar not working: Windows 10 user: My Microsoft Store, Mail, Calendar are not working. The apps are there but when I click on one it disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-mail-calendar-not-working/86f12013-41e9-4576-9e59-8ea46a9f1779
  5. I "reset" the Mail and Calendar app and it uninstalled it - can't install from Microsoft Store

I "reset" the Mail and Calendar app and it uninstalled it - can't install from Microsoft Store: I "reset" the Mail and Calendar app and it uninstalled it - can't install from Microsoft Store. I get this error code Code: 0x80040154. Research shows they relate this to installing 32-bit sw on 64-bit machines which I have. How can I install Mail and Calendar? TIA...
  6. Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself: Hello all, Since the last windows 10 update (19042) my mail and calender app keeps uninstalling itself. Anyone else having the same problem or can point me towards a fix? submitted by /u/H2-Joe [link] [comments]...
  7. Uninstall Mail app retaining Calendar

Uninstall Mail app retaining Calendar: Hello, Is it possible to only uninstall/remove the Mail module of the Mail & Calendar app? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-mail-app-retaining-calendar/5dd22bd1-3d54-4cff-b172-15dfdafb7811
  8. Can I uninstall "Mail and Calendar", "Store" and "MsOffice Desktop"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I uninstall "Mail and Calendar", "Store" and "MsOffice Desktop"?: Can I uninstall (permanently) from my Win10 system: - "Mail and Calendar" (I want to use Thunderbird email client instead) - "Store" and "Wallet" (I never want to install Apps+Programs from MS Store) - "Microsoft.Office.Desktop" (I want to use LibreOffice resp. an older...
  9. Trying to uninstall and reinstall Mail and Calendar app

in Browsers and Email
    Trying to uninstall and reinstall Mail and Calendar app: I have uninstalled the mail and calendar app per Windows PowerShell, now I can't get it to install per the command, get-appxpackage*microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps*|remove-appxpackage. It removed it, but now it is saying that command does not work. I started all this...
  10. Calendar, Mail and Store app problems

Calendar, Mail and Store app problems: Calendar and Mail app don't work: I click on their icons. Nothing happens. The system is able to launch Store, I have several app updates that are pending, but when I try to download them I get an error as response (download seem to work, while installation don't). I tried...