Windows 10: Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

Discus and support Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought and installed a McAfee antivirus program as it looked like they were pressuring me to do so. Did I lose Defender when I did that? Now I found... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarySchultz1, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

I bought and installed a McAfee antivirus program as it looked like they were pressuring me to do so. Did I lose Defender when I did that? Now I found out I don't need an additional program. Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

:)

MarySchultz1, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Heshie75v Win User

how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?

What would suggest I do, McAfee came pre installed on my HP Laptop. My "free" subscription ends in a few days and I noticed that my Windows Defender does NOT work. It is grayed out because of McAfee as I have learned reading other posts on this board.
    Other AV programs have this effect on Windows Defender in many cases.
    I guess my question is how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?
    Thanks

Heshie75v, Aug 11, 2019
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?

Soon as you remove McAfee, Windows Defender should come back on ....they won't run at same time.

OldMike65, Aug 11, 2019
  4. BeulahXS Win User

Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

vindows defender doesnt turn on - asks MCafee to be uninstalled - Mcaffe Live doesnt uninstall ?

I UNINSTALLED MCAFEE ON APRIL 16, 2017. WHY AM I STILL GETTING THIS WARNING?

BeulahXS, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

1. Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back? - Similar Threads - uninstall McAfee Defender

2. how can I uninstall MCAFEE scan plus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I uninstall MCAFEE scan plus?: how can I uninstall MCAFEE scan plus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-uninstall-mcafee-scan-plus/a70cbbfd-7721-48f0-ae5f-1184c64e34eb
  3. how can I uninstall MCAFEE scan plus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I uninstall MCAFEE scan plus?: how can I uninstall MCAFEE scan plus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-uninstall-mcafee-scan-plus/a70cbbfd-7721-48f0-ae5f-1184c64e34eb
  4. how can I uninstall MCAFEE scan plus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?: When I bought my new PC, MacAfee was preinstalled. Seeing that Windows Defender was good enough, I uninstalled McAfee. I still can't open Windows Defender, but still receive notifications about automatic scans. sorry about the GIF quality, I couldn't attach a video...
  6. mcafee uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    mcafee uninstall: I reset my windows 10 laptop. I deselected the option to install mcafee security. yet It got installed. now I m trying touninstall it but unsuccessful. plz provide solution...
  7. Can I disable defender since I have McAfee?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I disable defender since I have McAfee?: I am getting the error "Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780" one of the answers (thread is locked) is to Disable defender. I have subscription to McAfee, both antivirus and firewall and it is up to date. Running services.msc and in elevated...
  8. Uninstall McAfee

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall McAfee: I tried to uninstall the App via Settings, as well as via the Uninstall Programs on the Control Panel. No success at all - the response is: Navigation to web page was cancelled. I can't refresh the page. The only way to get out is to Close Window on the Taskbar...
  9. Uninstalling McAfee

Uninstalling McAfee: I need to update Windows and in order to do that I need to uninstall McAfee. I tried using the default uninstall provided by Windows but it said I could not uninstall as other programs were using McAfee Agent. I then tried using the MCPR which seems to have worked for most...
  10. how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?

how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?: What would suggest I do, McAfee came pre installed on my HP Laptop. My "free" subscription ends in a few days and I noticed that my Windows Defender does NOT work. It is grayed out because of McAfee as I have learned reading other posts on this board. Other AV programs have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will windows defender keep working when mcafee is turned off

2. why have windows installed macafee security and cancelled microsoftafter an update

3. i uninstalled mcafee and want it back

4. turn on windows defender antivirus mcafee,
  5. if Maafee is off is defender on,
  6. if McAffe turned off is defender on,
  7. window defender unistall mcafee,
  8. how to change from mcafee to windows defender,
  9. should i use windows defender or mcafee,
  10. does uninstalling mcafee turn windows defender back on,
  11. will windows defender come after my mcafee subscribion ends,
  12. if i uninstall mcfee can i get it back,
  13. do i need mcafee with windows defender,
  14. does macafee and windows defender interfere with each other,