Windows 10: Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

Discus and support Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought and installed a McAfee antivirus program as it looked like they were pressuring me to do so. Did I lose Defender when I did that? Now I found... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarySchultz1, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

I bought and installed a McAfee antivirus program as it looked like they were pressuring me to do so. Did I lose Defender when I did that? Now I found out I don't need an additional program. Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

:)

MarySchultz1, Aug 11, 2019
  2. Heshie75v Win User

how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?

What would suggest I do, McAfee came pre installed on my HP Laptop. My "free" subscription ends in a few days and I noticed that my Windows Defender does NOT work. It is grayed out because of McAfee as I have learned reading other posts on this board.
    Other AV programs have this effect on Windows Defender in many cases.
    I guess my question is how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?
    Thanks

Heshie75v, Aug 11, 2019
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?

Soon as you remove McAfee, Windows Defender should come back on ....they won't run at same time.

OldMike65, Aug 11, 2019
  4. BeulahXS Win User

Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

vindows defender doesnt turn on - asks MCafee to be uninstalled - Mcaffe Live doesnt uninstall ?

I UNINSTALLED MCAFEE ON APRIL 16, 2017. WHY AM I STILL GETTING THIS WARNING?

BeulahXS, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

1. Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back? - Similar Threads - uninstall McAfee Defender

2. Can I get back the "Scan" option in Windows Defender if I switch out of S mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I get back the "Scan" option in Windows Defender if I switch out of S mode?: I just bought a computer running Win 10 S mode, but its version of Windows Defender does not have the "Scan" option. So I cannot do a manual quick/full scan of the machine. If I switch out of the S mode to a regular Windows 10, will I get back the "Scan" option so that I...
  3. Uninstalling McAfee

Uninstalling McAfee: I need to update Windows and in order to do that I need to uninstall McAfee. I tried using the default uninstall provided by Windows but it said I could not uninstall as other programs were using McAfee Agent. I then tried using the MCPR which seems to have worked for most...
  4. can i get windows 10 back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i get windows 10 back: sorry I wrote the question in the subject box. never done this before. my question is, I had windows 10 on my laptop,free edition, my laptop got destroyed and I got this computer from a friend , i'm disabled and can't afford to buy windows 10 so is their some way I can get...
  5. I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?

I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?: Why would I need McAfee Anti-Virus Software if I have Windows Defender 10? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-windows-defender-do-i-need-mcafee/a79c61aa-faec-43be-a2dd-55bf443df762
  6. Uninstall McAfee Suites

Uninstall McAfee Suites: I have tried unsuccessfully to uninstall McAfee Suites. I think it is interfering with my current security suites. McAfee may have been previously downloaded or unintentionally through some other source. Any advice on how to accomplish? I've tried the uninstall within the...
  7. how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?

how do I get Windows Defender working after I uninstall McAfee?: What would suggest I do, McAfee came pre installed on my HP Laptop. My "free" subscription ends in a few days and I noticed that my Windows Defender does NOT work. It is grayed out because of McAfee as I have learned reading other posts on this board. Other AV programs have...
  8. Preinstalled McAfee LiveSafe on laptop - Should I Uninstall?

Preinstalled McAfee LiveSafe on laptop - Should I Uninstall?: I bought a new laptop, it came with McAfee LiveSafe. I heard only bad things about McAfee and apparently it just slows everything down. Should I uninstall it and replace it with any free AV? If yes, what Free AV is best (lightweight on system resources yet reliable) for...
  9. I had Office with a new laptop and uninstalled it. Can I get it back?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    I had Office with a new laptop and uninstalled it. Can I get it back?: My new laptop just came in from the mail today and I've been tinkering with it some. I didn't know that it would come with Microsoft Office pre-installed and I don't know if it's a trial version or the full version that I can keep. What I know is that happen to uninstall...
  10. Can I get back to win 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I get back to win 7?: Hi all, I have windows 7 on my computer. I have read a lot of posts here and I am not sure if I want windows 10 at this time. if I take the upgrade to win 10, and have an image of my old win 7, can I go back to win 7 or is my product key now assigned to win 10 and can not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i get defenders without mcafee?