Windows 10: Can I uninstall the OpenSSH Client program? It looks like someone is still remote accessing...

Discus and support Can I uninstall the OpenSSH Client program? It looks like someone is still remote accessing... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Someone had hacked into my computer 2 and a half months ago: I got a download of windows 10 on a flash drive from HP to fix the problem. It was working... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jadee Blue, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Can I uninstall the OpenSSH Client program? It looks like someone is still remote accessing...

Someone had hacked into my computer 2 and a half months ago: I got a download of windows 10 on a flash drive from HP to fix the problem. It was working fine up until now. My computer is making strange noises like it has one too many programs running even though I usually have one or two open at a time. One of my picture folders was suddenly missing all the pictures in it even though I swear I did not do this.

I had purchased this computer back in July brand new. It had gotten hacked by someone with a remote control device. HP had sent me a clean download disk of Windows 10. Could the hacker still be able to access my computer without my knowledge? Could there still be some lingering evidence of my hacker? I truly hope that it is just maybe me being over anxious after that rotten experience of being hacked. Can I uninstall the OpenSSH Client program? It looks like someone is still remote accessing... d45f6402-ae08-4f9f-afb5-ee47fbfd44e1?upload=true.jpg

I will put in a screen shot of the suspicious readme file.

:)

Jadee Blue, Oct 2, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Remote access

Hi zabby937

Did you allow those Tech Support scammers to have Remote Access to your PC, they would have asked you to allow that?

Once you have turned off Remote Access, they can no longer access your PC.

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features, order that list by Date Installed

Check for any software installed on that date, like TeamViewer or LogMeIn, if you find any remoting application like those, uninstall it

Other than that, you have taken all the right steps and your PC will be fine, you do not need to worry about this further . .

DaveM121, Oct 2, 2020
  3. MotoX80 Win User
    OpenSSH files

While OpenSSH itself is not malware, it will allow a remote user access to that machine. That could very well be malicious. Especially since he said that he didn't install it.

Is this a work or school pc? If so, check with your support team to see if they installed it. If this is your home pc, then it may have been installed as part of a software bundle. In settings, apps & features, sort the software list by install date. Find
    OpenSSH and see if other software was installed around the same time.

If you don't want to allow remote users access to your pc, then stop and disable it. And periodically check it to see that it stayed disabled.

MotoX80, Oct 2, 2020
  4. RickO104 Win User

Can I uninstall the OpenSSH Client program? It looks like someone is still remote accessing...

Remote Desktop Client WM 5.0

I could use some advice. I just setup a Sprint Mogul with Mobile 6. I can't find the Remote Desktop Client. Help...and documentation state is should be listed under "Programs" but it is not. Spent hour on phone with Sprint with no resolution. Could use
    some help direction...!? Looking to access terminal server to access Outlook.

RickO104, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Can I uninstall the OpenSSH Client program? It looks like someone is still remote accessing...

1. Can I uninstall the OpenSSH Client program? It looks like someone is still remote accessing... - Similar Threads - uninstall OpenSSH Client

2. Uninstall or change a program looks weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall or change a program looks weird: Uninstall or change a program looks weird, the colours are messed up, and I have to look really hard just to read the name of the applications, the problem only occurs when layout is set to Details, any other layout looks normal.I know a simple fix would be to just not use...
  3. Uninstall or change a program looks weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall or change a program looks weird: Uninstall or change a program looks weird, the colours are messed up, and I have to look really hard just to read the name of the applications, the problem only occurs when layout is set to Details, any other layout looks normal.I know a simple fix would be to just not use...
  4. Uninstall or change a program looks weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OpenSSH Server / client on W2K16 server

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    OpenSSH Server / client on W2K16 server: Hi there running a W2K16 server as a VM - seems the the optional features install don't include the openSSH server or client -- I'm using the Desktop experience standard edition of W2K16 server However using the powershell command from within the VM both products get...
  6. what ist this? it looks like malware and I cannot deinstall it. can someone help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what ist this? it looks like malware and I cannot deinstall it. can someone help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cvalda27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jz241x/what_ist_this_it_looks_like_malware_and_i_cannot/
  7. Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best remote desktop client for accessing a Mac?: I'm using Windows for the first time in a very long time and want to use a remote desktop to access my MacBook on the same screen. What's the best remote desktop client to do that? Just Microsoft's remote desktop? I'm using Parsec for gaming on this computer on my Mac and...
  8. Remote Access program like TeamViewer for home personal use that is FR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Access program like TeamViewer for home personal use that is FR: Need a Remote Access program like TeamViewer for home personal use that is FREE. I just use it to go into my 2 sisters computers when they have a problem or they want to share something with me and we watch together. Been with TeamViewer for about 3 years and now I keep...
  9. i have a program that does not look like the other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have a program that does not look like the other: Is this a virus why is it not capatalized? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-program-that-does-not-look-like-the-other/b64117bf-8f2f-42af-8401-432a11b1f29f"
  10. It looks like someone is using your account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    It looks like someone is using your account: This is twice this year that this has happened to me. I wish I had never given Microsoft my phone number. Now, every time I change my mobile phone Microsoft blocks my Microsoft account. At the moment I am trying to recover the account but the first attempt was not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com