Windows 10: Can I unplug my pc while using fast startup.

Discus and support Can I unplug my pc while using fast startup. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What happens if I unplug my computer on using fast startup? what happens if there is a powercut? what happens if there is unexpected powercut during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Low Spec Gamer, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Can I unplug my pc while using fast startup.

What happens if I unplug my computer on using fast startup?
    what happens if there is a powercut?
    what happens if there is unexpected powercut during boot.windows logo screen

:)

Low Spec Gamer, Oct 21, 2020

2. Fast Startup not working but hibernate is working.

Hello Anubhav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the fast startup is not working after the check disk in your PC. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What issue were you facing to perform the check disk?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Which Edition of Windows 10 are you using?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Using Group Policy Editor:

Note: This option for using group policy is only available in the Windows 10 Pro editions.

• Press Windows Key + R combination and put gpedit.msc in
      Run dialog box.
    • In the left pane navigate to:

• Now look in the right pane, you’ll got the policy named Require use of fast startup as shown above.
    • Double click on this policy to get the window shown below.
    • Now you can use following settings:
    • Force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Enable
    • Do NOT force “Hybrid boot” to be always turned on = Disabled/Not configured
      (Default Setting)
    • After making changes click Apply followed by OK.
    Restart the machine and check if it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Can I unplug my pc while using fast startup.

Fast Startup Preventing my PC from booting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing in booting the PC after disabling Fast Startup.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC/motherboard?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to boot the PC to desktop and follow the suggestion as mentioned in this article to disable hibernation:

How to disable and re-enable hibernation on a computer that is running Windows

Once disabled, try connecting the keyboard and mouse to the motherboard USB ports and check.

Also, we would suggest you to update the Chipset driver from PC manufacturer website for

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Can I unplug my pc while using fast startup.

1. Can I unplug my pc while using fast startup. - Similar Threads - unplug while using

2. can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting?: can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting? i'll unplug for just a minute then plug it back in again i just want to move it to my room because i'm doing the reset outside on our balcony, is it safe to do that? it's almost midnight but i'm still stuck at 2%...
  3. can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting?: can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting? i'll unplug for just a minute then plug it back in again i just want to move it to my room because i'm doing the reset outside on our balcony, is it safe to do that? it's almost midnight but i'm still stuck at 2%...
  4. can i unplug my laptop while it's resetting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running: Hello.I am using a PC with Windows 11. I unplugged my PC when it was still running accidentally a few times. Can this practice really affect my PC's hardware?Thank you...
  6. I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running: Hello.I am using a PC with Windows 11. I unplugged my PC when it was still running accidentally a few times. Can this practice really affect my PC's hardware?Thank you...
  7. I unplugged my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I unplugged my pc: So i unplugged my pc cable and then put them back on and now im stuck with a screen dell inspiration 3880 and all i can is exit or restore setting if i try to exit it just restarts in a loop same goes from restoring setting what should i do...
  8. I unplugged my PC while resetting it

in Windows 10 Support
    I unplugged my PC while resetting it: Hi, so as i said i was resetting my PC and it was taking some time so i thought it was stuck. So i decided to unplug it and now when i try to turn it on, i hear it turning on, but there's no output to my monitor, even though my keyboard lights up when plugged in it. I was on...
  9. Fast startup can not be disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast startup can not be disabled: Since the latest windows update (This evening): Even though Fast startup is NOT selected. The computer still starts up and basically logs in in the background (the apps in the startup folder are already running) and the username is displayed even though dontdisplaylastlogon...
  10. Fast Startup - Should we use it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup - Should we use it?: The reason I ask is because I am trying to customize my Windows and I wanted startup sounds. But I read they won't play if you have quick startup enabled which is by default. Plus having to edit the registry to unhide the sounds. So aside from enabling sounds to work is...