Windows 10: Can I Update 1 Processor At A Time?

Discus and support Can I Update 1 Processor At A Time? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using an Acer TravelMate with Windows 10 Pro and scared that if there is an imbalance or something in the processors, the notebook might crash and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hi It's Jake, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Can I Update 1 Processor At A Time?

I'm using an Acer TravelMate with Windows 10 Pro and scared that if there is an imbalance or something in the processors, the notebook might crash and not respond or my notebook might not work. It has 4 processors (Intel Pentium CPU N3700 w/ 1.60 GHz) and I want everything to be updated even the video card (Intel HD Graphics) (Not to brag or anything, this isn't for gaming) and I use device manager for updating. I'm not a techy person so please provide a simple explanation with a detailed one (Just separate). Sorry if I'm like stupid for you guys but I'm anxious that my notebook will fail to run...

:)

Hi It's Jake, Aug 31, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Aug 31, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can I Update 1 Processor At A Time? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 31, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Can I Update 1 Processor At A Time?

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Can I Update 1 Processor At A Time?

1. Can I Update 1 Processor At A Time? - Similar Threads - Update Processor

2. KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor: After installing KB5035853, massive performance drop for AMD 6800 processor. Microsoft must test their updates on both AMD and Intel and not just Intel before pushing updates onto their users. Some research indicated that this update already had issues weeks ago. After...
  3. KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5035853 update is a disaster for AMD processor: After installing KB5035853, massive performance drop for AMD 6800 processor. Microsoft must test their updates on both AMD and Intel and not just Intel before pushing updates onto their users. Some research indicated that this update already had issues weeks ago. After...
  4. When will the AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor be allowed to be updated to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will the AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor be allowed to be updated to Windows 11?: 2025 appears to be the non-support date for Windows 10However, it is currently running well on my laptop - as long as I keep current with my updates.I do not want to buy a new laptop, but apparently the processor is not upgradeable.Are there any work-arounds for this issue?...
  5. When will the AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor be allowed to be updated to Windows 11?

When will the AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor be allowed to be updated to Windows 11?: 2025 appears to be the non-support date for Windows 10However, it is currently running well on my laptop - as long as I keep current with my updates.I do not want to buy a new laptop, but apparently the processor is not upgradeable.Are there any work-arounds for this issue?...
  6. I am trying to update Win10 to Win11 and it says my processor is not supported.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to update Win10 to Win11 and it says my processor is not supported.: Win 11 is not supported with my processor. It's Intel Core I7-6700 HQ CPU @ 2.6GHz. Windows 10 Home, 22H2, OS Build 19045.3448. Does it not support my processor. Asus ROG....
  7. I am trying to update Win10 to Win11 and it says my processor is not supported.

I am trying to update Win10 to Win11 and it says my processor is not supported.: Win 11 is not supported with my processor. It's Intel Core I7-6700 HQ CPU @ 2.6GHz. Windows 10 Home, 22H2, OS Build 19045.3448. Does it not support my processor. Asus ROG....
  8. I am trying to update Win10 to Win11 and it says my processor is not supported.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows KB5029351 update brought the "UNSUPPORTED PROCESSOR" error

in Windows 10 News
    Windows KB5029351 update brought the "UNSUPPORTED PROCESSOR" error: Windows 11 users have recently experienced installation issues with the most recent KB5029351 update, which displays an 'UNSUPPORTED PROCESSOR' error message. The update includes quality enhancements as well as bug fixes for a few well-known problems. The patch, for...
  10. Windows 11 showing error message "A firmware update is needed for your security processor,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 showing error message "A firmware update is needed for your security processor,...: Where do I find the update for the TPM firmware? There is nothing available for this machine, Lenovo Yoga 920 model 80Y7 at the Lenovo support site.Any idea on how to fix this?...