Windows 10: Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a ASUS A53U

Discus and support Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a ASUS A53U in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a ASUS A53U... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Juan CarlosVelazquez, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a ASUS A53U

Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a ASUS A53U

:)

Juan CarlosVelazquez, Oct 29, 2020
  2. RCoover Win User

Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a Toshiba C650D?

It is running Windows 10 Home, but can be very slow. The AMD C50 runs at 1 GHz, the minimum speed for Windows 10, but the computer has an SSD HD and 4 GB RAM and I expected it to be a bit faster.

Can I upgrade the CPU?

What choices do I have for CPUs if I can upgrade?

And yes, I have attempted to contact Toshiba Support. They won't talk to me unless I pay their fee. And the Toshiba Community Forum does not seem to have a way to sign in and join the forum. The only option seems to be to sign in and I cannot as I have not
    joined the forum.

RCoover, Oct 29, 2020
  3. windows 10 auto update and update asst

I have a Asus Laptop A53U. Thank You for a quick responds. I will try what you suggest. Again Thank You

bettymeyer, Oct 29, 2020
  4. pvrcs Win User

windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu

Windows 10: New Intel Microcode for Spectre V3a, V4 & L1TF Gets Released states:

"Spectre Variant 4 ( white paper ) got
    discovered at Google's Project Zero. Like Specter Variant 1, this vulnerability can be plugged into customization in applications, with Specter V1's existing measures benefiting Specter V4 as well. However, to prevent the gap from being exploited through other
    means, Intel and Partners have decided to re-adjust the CPU microcode as well. It also contains countermeasures against variant 3a, which cost no performance. Variation 4 affects
    AMD, ARM, IBM and Intel."

I am experiencing a performance hit in my video editing software. But THIS is why you received the update though you have an AMD cpu.

Found this today -

"Downloaded KB4465065 (Intel mitigation) on Ryzen?" Anybody else get this update that is supposed to be only installed for intel processors? "Important Install this update for the listed processors only." (Lists only intel CPUs) : Amd

KB4465065: Intel microcode updates
    Important Install this update for the listed processors only.

However comments in this article say

- It's a microcode update, you have nothing to worry about.

- Perhaps these mitigations are coded to NOT activate on an AMD CPU.

- If this is a microcode update then this CAN NOT activate on an AMD processor and it wouldnt even work/allow it.

Yes Spectre 4 affects AMD processors but this update was for listed Intel processors only.

Why is it that we can find information online but Microsoft can't tell you anything or even reply to my support email????

pvrcs, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a ASUS A53U - Similar Threads - update AMD C50

2. Can I update my CPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I update my CPU?: I want to update to Windows 11 on my HP Laptop and Microsoft says my CPU doesn't support this whereas everything else does. Can I update my CPU function? Or do I have to buy another laptop, which would be a shame as my laptop works perfectly well, it's only 4 years old.Many...
  3. Can I update my CPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I update my CPU?: I want to update to Windows 11 on my HP Laptop and Microsoft says my CPU doesn't support this whereas everything else does. Can I update my CPU function? Or do I have to buy another laptop, which would be a shame as my laptop works perfectly well, it's only 4 years old.Many...
  4. Can I update my CPU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why am I being offered this update with AMD CPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why am I being offered this update with AMD CPU?: [ATTACH] According to this page on MS Support, it's only related to Intel microcode updates for specific Intel CPUs, however I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU so technically I shouldn't be downloading this update, correct? Just need some clarification on this I'm not the only...
  6. windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu

windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu: Why did I get an update for (KB4465065) when I have an AMD cpu. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? Went through Microsoft chat and they could not answer my question....
  7. Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a Toshiba C650D?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a Toshiba C650D?: It is running Windows 10 Home, but can be very slow. The AMD C50 runs at 1 GHz, the minimum speed for Windows 10, but the computer has an SSD HD and 4 GB RAM and I expected it to be a bit faster. Can I upgrade the CPU? What choices do I have for CPUs if I can upgrade?...
  8. 1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD: Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result. Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod) ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried...
  9. 1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD: Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result. Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod) ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried...
  10. Asus CPU microcode update...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus CPU microcode update...: The system with Asus Prime Z370-A updated to BIOS version 0613, that includes the CPU microcode update. Benchmarking the drives and comparing to pre-update results show interesting results. System drive, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, M.2 NVMe x4 : [img] Updating the BIOS...