Windows 10: Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a Toshiba C650D?

Discus and support Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a Toshiba C650D? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It is running Windows 10 Home, but can be very slow. The AMD C50 runs at 1 GHz, the minimum speed for Windows 10, but the computer has an SSD HD and 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RCoover, Feb 1, 2019.

1. RCoover Win User

Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a Toshiba C650D?

It is running Windows 10 Home, but can be very slow. The AMD C50 runs at 1 GHz, the minimum speed for Windows 10, but the computer has an SSD HD and 4 GB RAM and I expected it to be a bit faster.

Can I upgrade the CPU?

What choices do I have for CPUs if I can upgrade?

And yes, I have attempted to contact Toshiba Support. They won't talk to me unless I pay their fee. And the Toshiba Community Forum does not seem to have a way to sign in and join the forum. The only option seems to be to sign in and I cannot as I have not joined the forum.

:)

RCoover, Feb 1, 2019

2. Toshiba Launches the Tecra C50 Laptop

Toshiba's Business Solutions Division (BSD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced a new laptop series designed to meet the needs of small to mid-sized businesses. The Tecra C50 offers the performance of an enterprise-class PC, the essential productivity and security features business users need and unmatched Toshiba build-quality, starting at just $579.99 MSRP and will be sold exclusively in the U.S. through Ingram Micro Inc.'s vast reseller and solution provider network.

"Growing businesses need PCs that their workforces can count on with the features they need to be productive for a low total cost of ownership - we've designed the new Tecra C50 laptop just for that," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing and engineering, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Business Solutions Division. "Unlike other manufacturers who outsource most of their production, our business laptops are designed, engineered and rigorously tested in dedicated Toshiba facilities, giving us one of the industry's lowest failure rates. We are so sure of the quality of these laptops, that if any of the major components fail within the first six months, we'll give you a brand new one, no questions asked."

Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a Toshiba C650D? Toshiba_Tecra_C50_01_thm.jpg

Big Performance for Small Business
    The Tecra C50 features a 15.6-inch diagonal HD display, the latest Intel Core i3 or Core i5 processors and 4 GB of RAM for convenient multitasking and collaboration, a 500GB hard drive5, plus a seven-hour battery life rating to keep business in motion. The laptop also features a built-in DVD Drive and full-size keyboard with a 10-key numeric pad for easily powering through spreadsheets.

To make the process of connecting, syncing, sharing and collaborating easier, the Tecra C50 is equipped with an HD webcam, Bluetooth v4.0, the latest dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and is wireless display ready. A generous range of essential ports make doing business easier, including two USB 3.07 and one USB 2.0 port, plus full-size HDMI and VGA ports, Gigabit Ethernet and an SD Card reader. Users can also easily transform this laptop into a thriving desktop workstation with USB docking. Pre-loaded with Windows 7 Professional, the laptop also offers Windows 8.1 Pro recovery media.

"Small and mid-sized businesses are challenged by many of the same IT issues as much larger companies yet they often have fewer resources and solutions to address them," Mike Erwin, senior director, Commercial Markets Division, Ingram Micro. "Ingram Micro and our channel partners are dedicated to helping these businesses realize the promise of technology by offering targeted solutions and services comprised of powerful, secure and enterprise-grade products such as the new Toshiba Tecra C50."

Security Features and EasyGuard Technology
    To ensure valuable business data is kept safe and secure, the Tecra C50 can be configured with an Intel Core i5 processor and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) v1.2 to provide the extra layers of security business users need for greater peace of mind. This laptop features Toshiba's innovative EasyGuard Technology, adding multi-tiered security and data protection measures that guard components against accidental bumps, plus Tecra durability and reliability with comprehensive vibration, drop, pressure and Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) at Toshiba's facilities to ensure the product is built to last.

Toshiba Quality Guarantee
    To demonstrate its commitment to quality and reliability, Toshiba is introducing the Toshiba Quality Guarantee for Tecra C50 laptops. If the LCD panel, hard drive, memory or system board fails within the first six months of ownership, Toshiba will replace the entire unit with a new Tecra C50.

Pricing and Availability
    The two configurations of the Tecra C50 laptops are now available for $579.99 MSRP (Core i3) and $699.99 MSRP (Core i5) and available exclusively from Ingram Micro's reseller and solution provider network, including CDW, PC Connection and Zones Inc.

Cristian_25H, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Upgrading Toshiba Satellite C650D to Windows 10

Hi I just successfully updated my Toshiba c650D from win7 to win10 Dec 23, 2015. It took me 5 attempts each about 3hrs a piece, but finally had success. Each fail reverted without issues to Windows 7 thankfully. Googling others and trial and error I worked
    through it. Found my issue was driver related. I ended up going to Toshibas site to update as using device manager just said existing drivers were the best option. Once updated I noted that Windows 10 compatibility check now worked saying all was good where
    before didn't say anything. Shutting down did a lot of updating to prepare for 10. Once it started there are reboots at each stage. In the end here I am using my pc happily again. Also all windows updates were up to date prior to upgrade!! Hope this helps

Good luck

WayneDonelle, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a Toshiba C650D?

frozen synaptics pointer on Toshiba satallite C50 since windows 10 upgrade

The pointer has frozen on my Toshiba satellite C50 since upgrading to windows 10, how can this be fixed

StephenMcGregor, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a Toshiba C650D?

1. Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a Toshiba C650D? - Similar Threads - update AMD C50

2. Can I update my CPU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I update my CPU?: I want to update to Windows 11 on my HP Laptop and Microsoft says my CPU doesn't support this whereas everything else does. Can I update my CPU function? Or do I have to buy another laptop, which would be a shame as my laptop works perfectly well, it's only 4 years old.Many...
  3. Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a ASUS A53U

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a ASUS A53U: Can I update an AMD C50 CPU on a ASUS A53U https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-update-an-amd-c50-cpu-on-a-asus-a53u/8a0f58af-1d62-4eea-a10e-d950b8fcab16
  4. Toshiba Portege Z30 CPU

Toshiba Portege Z30 CPU: I am planning to get a Toshiba Portege Z30 laptop which has an Intel i5-4300u and I would like to swap that with an intel core i7-8750H. Is it a possible swap and if I change my mind about the difference CPU I would like to put in can I put in any CPU?...
  5. toshiba satellite C50-A-1JM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    toshiba satellite C50-A-1JM: HI WHAT BLUETOOTH DRIVER DO I NEED INSTALL FOR A TOSHIBA SATELLITE C50-A-1JM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satellite-c50-a-1jm/ae744fe6-521c-4054-b6e3-ac6d4a6651c1
  6. Why am I being offered this update with AMD CPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why am I being offered this update with AMD CPU?: [ATTACH] According to this page on MS Support, it's only related to Intel microcode updates for specific Intel CPUs, however I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU so technically I shouldn't be downloading this update, correct? Just need some clarification on this I'm not the only...
  7. Toshiba Tecra C50-E message query

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba Tecra C50-E message query: Toshiba Tecra C50-E i get this message every start C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\7906AAC0.TOSHIBASettings_2.1.13.0_x64_nvaxck9xhg5vg\System Settings\TosSettingsHost.exe File system error 12007. computer bought 2 months ago, works fine just checking...
  8. windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu

windows update downloads Intel update on an AMD cpu: Why did I get an update for (KB4465065) when I have an AMD cpu. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? Went through Microsoft chat and they could not answer my question....
  9. 1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1803 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD: Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result. Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod) ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried...
  10. 1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD

1083 update and AMD CPU .. BSOD: Ever since the 1803 update Windows my NEW pc rig keeps throwing a BSOD daily (sometimes every hour) Setup is as follows, but have also tried various combinations, same result. Windows 10 Home (have also tried Windows 10 Pro, same bsod) ASUS X370-FGaming Mobo (have also tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd c50 update

2. replace amd c50 cpu