Windows 10: Can I update the version of Edge/Windows Windows Sandbox uses?

Discus and support Can I update the version of Edge/Windows Windows Sandbox uses? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Whenever I want to test out some seedy or unknown program on the web I frequently turn to Windows Sandbox to do it. However, I have found that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by leganrac, Feb 6, 2021.

1. leganrac Win User

Can I update the version of Edge/Windows Windows Sandbox uses?

Hello,

Whenever I want to test out some seedy or unknown program on the web I frequently turn to Windows Sandbox to do it. However, I have found that I am forced to manually download the new Chromium version of Edge whenever I start Sandbox as some sites no longer support legacy Edge. Is there a way to either automatically update the version of Edge that is present in Sandbox or update the version of Windows that Sandbox uses to run a new version that includes the chromium-based edge browser?

:)

leganrac, Feb 6, 2021

2. can I sandbox windows 10 Edge?

I am running windows 10 with Edge browser. I would like to use Sandboxie but apparently Sandboxie does not have a program for Edge. Does anyone know if there is a sandbox for Edge or can someone suggest a REAL good anti virus program to get?

RossBuchanan_875, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Fix for Sandbox

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Can I update the version of Edge/Windows Windows Sandbox uses?

Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox

I want to use a new Edge version that is based on Chromium on my PC running Windows Sandbox.
    Is it possible? BIG thnx

MariahDelrio, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Can I update the version of Edge/Windows Windows Sandbox uses?

1. Can I update the version of Edge/Windows Windows Sandbox uses? - Similar Threads - update version Edge

2. Can WSL/WSA be used as a sandbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can WSL/WSA be used as a sandbox?: Is WSL Windows Subsystem for Linux or WSA Windows Subsystem for Android a good sandbox alternative to a Virtual Machine?If I, for example, install a browser, that then going to get compromised, will it be able to access my Windows “stuff”, or only Linux/Android?I’m looking...
  3. im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???: help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-in-windows-10-and-by-using-sandbox-can-i/e5b17fcb-4d92-49d3-b7a6-8d800399b526
  4. im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???: help pls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-in-windows-10-and-by-using-sandbox-can-i/e5b17fcb-4d92-49d3-b7a6-8d800399b526
  5. im in windows 10 and by using sandbox, can i download windows 11 on windows sandbox???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Can i use sandbox within a Virtualbox ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i use sandbox within a Virtualbox ?: Hey folks, In new windows update, can i use sandbox and having virtualbox ? Because i remember if the sandbox was enabled the virtual wouldnt work submitted by /u/foremtehan [link] [comments]...
  7. Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chromium-based Edge in Windows Sandbox: I want to use a new Edge version that is based on Chromium on my PC running Windows Sandbox.Is it possible? BIG thnx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chromium-based-edge-in-windows-sandbox/e8162135-0cfb-4939-acdc-5128c86fa9cc
  8. Possible to use New Chromium Based EDGE in Windows Sandbox?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible to use New Chromium Based EDGE in Windows Sandbox?: Just as the question asks. Rather than using Hypervision and creating a whole installation. Is there any way possible to install and keep installed from use to use and through reboots the newest Microsoft Browser....
  9. Using camera with Windows Sandbox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using camera with Windows Sandbox: Hi, I'm trying to use my camera with Windows Sandbox but it isn't working. How can I fix the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-camera-with-windows-sandbox/47c1765b-85ce-47fc-957c-b82d1ef5d13b
  10. Windows sandbox-anyone used it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows sandbox-anyone used it?: Hi folks, I have windows 10 pro due to having upgraded initially from windows 8 pro that was on a special offer of £14.99 from Microsoft years ago. Just discovered that I can turn on windows sandbox, doesn't come with Home version, and have done so, seems ok though a little...