Windows 10: Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ?

Discus and support Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ? My PC supports uefi boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Franciszek Kun, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ?

Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ? My PC supports uefi boot

:)

Franciszek Kun, Mar 21, 2023

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ?

***G3258 Owners*** - Windows 10 will not install/boot when overclocked

I have not updated my bios yet, it is still the year 2014 bios. I have not run into major issues for my upgrade thus far. My windows 8.1 install is a uefi install so my windows 10 upgrade is a uefi boot rather than legacy bios, not sure if that would affect anything.

I am not certain what could be the issue it could be from which operating system you are updating from such as windows 7 or 8.1. Perhaps a clean install of windows 10 can eliminate that if that were the problem.
    If a clean install does not work the problem could be an intel microcode update that have crippled the overclocking. Is your board a Z-series board? I heard concern before about people having that intel may take away the functionality overclock on non-over clocking boards which are not intended to be overclock with an update before. I am not sure if that is the case here.

MIRTAZAPINE, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ?

1. Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ? - Similar Threads - update installed boot

2. Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ?: Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ? My PC supports uefi boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-update-windows-10-to-windows-11-when-windows/e69b149f-a494-4936-9616-dedec5379b67
  3. Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ?: Can i update Windows 10 to Windows 11 when Windows 10 is installed to boot with legacy bios ? My PC supports uefi boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-update-windows-10-to-windows-11-when-windows/e69b149f-a494-4936-9616-dedec5379b67
  4. Windows 11 on Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on Legacy BIOS: Hi, I want to daulboot Windows 8.1 on my PC, but I need legacy bios to install, will this effect my Windows 11 Installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-on-legacy-bios/de735d51-a4dc-4d4d-8b37-8232d8d7438a
  5. Windows 11 on Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on Legacy BIOS: Hi, I want to daulboot Windows 8.1 on my PC, but I need legacy bios to install, will this effect my Windows 11 Installation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-on-legacy-bios/de735d51-a4dc-4d4d-8b37-8232d8d7438a
  6. Screen blank when start boot installing windows 10 on legacy boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blank when start boot installing windows 10 on legacy boot: adobe 3rd gen system i try to install windows 10 on legacy boot when i select legacy boot screen gone blank and after 5 sec system getting restart but when i try to boot ntfs it's install without any problem how can i install in legacy boot...
  7. Screen blank when start boot installing windows 10 on legacy boot

Screen blank when start boot installing windows 10 on legacy boot: adobe 3rd gen system i try to install windows 10 on legacy boot when i select legacy boot screen gone blank and after 5 sec system getting restart but when i try to boot ntfs it's install without any problem how can i install in legacy boot...
  8. Can't install Windows 10 with USB Boot on SSD Legacy BIOS.

Can't install Windows 10 with USB Boot on SSD Legacy BIOS.: Hello, I am having trouble installing Windows 10 from scratch to my new SSD.I want to discard my old computer later on this year but i've decided to buy a very cheap SSD until that time to boost performance a little.Here are my specs: Processor: Intel Core I5 CPU 760 2.80GHz...
  9. Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode

Install Windows 10 with BIOS Legacy Mode: hi currently windows 10 is installed with UEFI mode in my ASUS notebook. the harddisk is in GPT partitioning style. so when i turn on my notebook, i am getting ASUS logo while booting up instead of the blue coloured windows logo. [img] (this pic is not from my...
  10. Accessing Legacy BIOS windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Legacy BIOS windows 10: Hey guys, First off apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forums. Long story short I recently bought a new Graphics card, hardware install is fine, windows and Radeon settings recognise it's installed however I need to set my PC to use my new GPU as opposed to my...