Windows 10: Can I upgrade a Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home to an English version of Windows 11 Pro?

Discus and support Can I upgrade a Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home to an English version of Windows 11 Pro? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I understand from previous posts and from my new China bought laptop, that the Chinese Windows software operating language cannot be changed in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GaryS uen, Aug 1, 2022.

1. GaryS uen Win User

Can I upgrade a Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home to an English version of Windows 11 Pro?

I understand from previous posts and from my new China bought laptop, that the Chinese Windows software operating language cannot be changed in the ways that other languages can - it is locked.Somebody asked if we could simply upgrade it by buying from the US or UK site and if that would change the fundamental system to an English version. Has anybody tried this and, if so, does it work?I obviously don't want to waste money upgrading it to another Chinese Version!Thanks in advance.

:)

GaryS uen, Aug 1, 2022

2. Surface Pro 3 English version to Chinese version

I bought a used Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 Pro English version installed. I have installed the Chinese language package. I am planning to change my English Surface Pro 3 to Chinese Surface Pro 3. I have the following questions:

Q1:

I am wondering what are the differences between these two options:

1. Set the Chinese language as the default language and set Country to China on my existing installed English version Windows 10 Pro

2. download and fresh install the Windows 10 Pro Chinese version

Q2:

If I choose above option 2, since I have the Surface Pro 3, can I get the Window 10 Pro Chinese version free? If yes, where and how?

Thanks,

James

oldyoungguy, Aug 1, 2022
  3. ArijROUIS Win User
    from windows 10 chinese version to windows 11

i am wondering if upgrading my Chinese version of windows 10 to windows 11 going to solve the problem of the system language?

ArijROUIS, Aug 1, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Can I upgrade a Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home to an English version of Windows 11 Pro?

from windows 10 chinese version to windows 11

Hi ArijROUIS

The version of Windows sold in China is a very specific version only sold there and there is no way to change the language to another language, usually the only way to change that language on that version is to purchase another version of Windows 10.

I do not think upgrading to Windows 11 would solve that problem, because the upgrade is usually a one for one licence swap, which would result in the Chinese version of Windows 11, but it is worth a try, you can always roll back to 10.

DaveM121, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Can I upgrade a Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home to an English version of Windows 11 Pro? - Similar Threads - upgrade Chinese Version

2. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home Chinese version Single Language to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home Chinese version Single Language to Windows 11 Pro: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 11 home single language to Windows 11 Pro.I install windows 11 pro to change the language, although my laptop had a windows 11 home key. After upgrading I am able to install a new language, but in activation I get that, I believe it is...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home Chinese version Single Language to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home Chinese version Single Language to Windows 11 Pro: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 11 home single language to Windows 11 Pro.I install windows 11 pro to change the language, although my laptop had a windows 11 home key. After upgrading I am able to install a new language, but in activation I get that, I believe it is...
  4. Windows 11 single version chinese change language to english or upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 single version chinese change language to english or upgrade: Hello, I bought a laptop in China, I am struggling to be able to change the language of my system. I don't understand a lot of Chinese, so I want to change the language of display of windows, but I haven't been able to do so. QuestionsI am obligated to buy windows 11 pro? If...
  5. Windows 11 single version chinese change language to english or upgrade

Windows 11 single version chinese change language to english or upgrade: Hello, I bought a laptop in China, I am struggling to be able to change the language of my system. I don't understand a lot of Chinese, so I want to change the language of display of windows, but I haven't been able to do so. QuestionsI am obligated to buy windows 11 pro? If...
  6. How to upgrade windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro version ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro version ?: I have got Windows 11 Home version on my PC. I want to know, how to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro version ? How much it would cost to me in India ?...
  7. Can I upgrade a Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home to an English version of Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade a Chinese Version of Windows 11 Home to an English version of Windows 11 Pro?: I understand from previous posts and from my new China bought laptop, that the Chinese Windows software operating language cannot be changed in the ways that other languages can - it is locked.Somebody asked if we could simply upgrade it by buying from the US or UK site and...
  8. upgrade from windows 11 home version to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade from windows 11 home version to windows 11 pro: Dear Windows users,I am using an Win11 home, which was upgraded from the Win10 home, and the license came with the computer OEM version.Now I am working in an university, and the university provided the Win11 Pro via the volume license. The university provided license is...
  9. upgrade from windows 11 home version to windows 11 pro

upgrade from windows 11 home version to windows 11 pro: Dear Windows users,I am using an Win11 home, which was upgraded from the Win10 home, and the license came with the computer OEM version.Now I am working in an university, and the university provided the Win11 Pro via the volume license. The university provided license is...
  10. Surface Pro 3 English version to Chinese version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 3 English version to Chinese version: I bought a used Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 Pro English version installed. I have installed the Chinese language package. I am planning to change my English Surface Pro 3 to Chinese Surface Pro 3. I have the following questions: Q1: I am wondering what are the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Chinese version windows