Windows 10: Can I upgrade a pirated copy of Windows 7 Pro to legitimate Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Can I upgrade a pirated copy of Windows 7 Pro to legitimate Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a pc that has suddenly started showing the "this copy is not genuine" message. I had bought a discount copy of Windows 7 about 12 months ago. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinCramer1, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Can I upgrade a pirated copy of Windows 7 Pro to legitimate Windows 10 Pro

I have a pc that has suddenly started showing the "this copy is not genuine" message. I had bought a discount copy of Windows 7 about 12 months ago. I should have listened to my gut and not bought it because apparently they are using non genuine keys and Microsoft finally caught up to this one and flagged it. I can give the name of the site if anyone wants to avoid buying from them or if Microsoft can sue them or something, but I'm not posting it here because I don't want them to get any publicity from me.

Back to the question. Can I now buy a fully licensed version of Windows 10 Pro direct from the Microsoft Store and do an in place upgrade or is the old software going to create an issue? I REALLY don't want to do a clean install if I can just upgrade.

I have found similar questions to this searching the web and this site, but I nothing seemed to be exactly the same so I wanted to ask so I knew I was getting a correct answer.

Thanks for any help.

:)

KevinCramer1, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jul 19, 2018
  3. NickSteel Win User
    Query on Clean installation of Windows 10 Pro on Windows 7 Pro PC.

Original Title: Windows 7 Pro (from MS upgrade key) to Windows 10 Pro - Clean Install

My Gateway NV7923U X64 came with Windows 7 Home installed.

I purchased an upgrade key from MS and upgraded to Windows 7 Pro.

I need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and then do a clean install.

• Will my existing upgraded Windows 7 Pro now upgrade to Windows 10 Pro automatically, or do I need to perform additional steps?
    • Will I be able to do a clean install and have Windows 10 Pro after upgrading?

NickSteel, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Can I upgrade a pirated copy of Windows 7 Pro to legitimate Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Can I upgrade a pirated copy of Windows 7 Pro to legitimate Windows 10 Pro

1. Can I upgrade a pirated copy of Windows 7 Pro to legitimate Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - upgrade pirated copy

2. Can we upgrade a Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we upgrade a Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro?: We are still running Windows 7 Pro on a desktop. Can we update this to Windows 10 Pro?What is the best way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-upgrade-a-windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/7c957c1f-786d-4930-9d6c-9db165ae3b23
  3. Can we upgrade a Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can we upgrade a Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro?: We are still running Windows 7 Pro on a desktop. Can we update this to Windows 10 Pro?What is the best way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-upgrade-a-windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/7c957c1f-786d-4930-9d6c-9db165ae3b23
  4. Pirated windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pirated windows 10 pro: New hp pavillion 15 . I went to a technician to add ssd card and install os on ssd . He installed pirated version windows 10 pro in ssd card! Mine is windows 10 home which i goy inbuilt ! Can I downgrade from pirated windows 10pro which is in ssd card to windows 10home...
  5. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I recently used the msi tool to update a windows 7 pro machine to windows 10 pro. It appears to have a activated the install just fine and is working? Is this install legal?...
  6. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I want to upgrade a Windows 7 PC which by the requirements is upgradable to Windows 10 Pro. I went to the Microsoft Store and the only option is to Download WIndows 10 Pro. My Windows 7 PC really requires a clean install. Does Windows 10 Pro give me the option to format...
  7. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message: This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10...........
  8. Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Get thew following error: This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC is not supported yet on this version of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-of-windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/558d9872-9d50-4dfe-9592-3c549d64ff50
  9. I want to downgrade from a pirated version of Windows 10 Pro to a legitimate OEM copy of...

I want to downgrade from a pirated version of Windows 10 Pro to a legitimate OEM copy of...: So I bought a used HP OMEN 15 (2017) from a reseller a while ago and it seems that the reseller had illegitimately upgraded Windows to Pro and a bundled a couple pirated software that I didn't want. So I reset the installation and shrugged it off. Of course the illegitimate...
  10. Using pirate copy with legitimate key.

Using pirate copy with legitimate key.: I have purchased a Lenovo thinkpad with a preinstalled win10, (and paid extra for the PRO version). Though now I reallize this is a horrible version. I'll skip the parts like that the control panel items are just illogically placed and impossible to find. The worst part is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade pirated win 7 professional