Windows 10: Can I upgrade from Home to Pro for free?

Discus and support Can I upgrade from Home to Pro for free? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. I’d like to change it and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lona Dallas, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Can I upgrade from Home to Pro for free?

I have Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. I’d like to change it and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

:)

Lona Dallas, Sep 8, 2020

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 8, 2020
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

4. Remon Ont Win User

Can I upgrade from Home to Pro for free?

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Can I upgrade from Home to Pro for free?

1. Can I upgrade from Home to Pro for free? - Similar Threads - upgrade Home Pro

2. Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?: Greetings!I have been using win11 home ever since buying a new pc.Was wondering if going from WIN11 home to Win11 pro is possible for free. Thank you...
  3. Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Win11 Home to Pro for free?: Greetings!I have been using win11 home ever since buying a new pc.Was wondering if going from WIN11 home to Win11 pro is possible for free. Thank you...
  4. Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?: Hi, I was recently curious about upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro, so I checked via the Microsoft Store. There was a button that said "Upgrade now" or something, which I clicked, and after an update procedure/restart, it now appears that my edition of Windows 10 has been...
  5. Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?: Hi, I was recently curious about upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro, so I checked via the Microsoft Store. There was a button that said "Upgrade now" or something, which I clicked, and after an update procedure/restart, it now appears that my edition of Windows 10 has been...
  6. Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. is their a to upgrade from Windows 10 Home SL to Pro for free

is their a to upgrade from Windows 10 Home SL to Pro for free: Is their any way shape or form I can upgrade my Windows 10 Home SL to Windows 10 pro for free permanently without damaging any of files or doing anything illegal towards my system?P.S.I'm just curious...
  8. Upgraded to pro from home can not activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded to pro from home can not activate: Get error code 0xC004F213, Just bought can't activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-to-pro-from-home-can-not-activate/deb6f10e-9ee7-4c6b-83ed-3e9513e065f9"
  9. Is the free upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro discontinued?

Is the free upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro discontinued?: A while back I upgraded from Home to Pro via a selection on the Update (or thereabouts) screen on my wife's PC. If I sign in to her MS account, the details on her screen show Pro installed. However, if I check her System screen on the PC it shows Home as being installed. I...
  10. Upgrade From Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Can I Do it for free?

Upgrade From Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Can I Do it for free?: Hello, I am new to this forum and a novice user of computers. I recently purchased a new PC. My old PC was running Windows 10 Pro, which I got from Microsoft when they were giving it away for free. My new PC came with Windows 10 home edition installed on it. I want to...